RiverSoft Art Second Anniversary Contest WINNERS

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
edited April 2019 in Art Studio

Two years ago, I started this amazing journey as a Daz Published Artist.  I had NO IDEA what was coming.  I was hoping that it would be a nice little side project.... Wow.  Was I surprised!  I am so thankful for the support from Daz and especially the support from you, the community.  I never would have believed I would have 71 products in two years, and that I would receive such support.  It has truly been a life changing event.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  It has been an incredible two years.  I look forward to many more with your support and encouragement.

Now on to what you came here for... the CONTEST WINNERS!!! smiley  The entries were fantastic and made my job so, So, SO very tough.  I want to thank all the contest participants.  You all did a great job, and I appreciate you using my products to make great art! smiley

Winners:  Please PM me with your prize decision.

People's Choice Winner

@FenixPhoenix  "Bringing Home a Clan Member"

Prize: Now-Crowd Billboards - Modern Life

Thank you to everyone who voted.  There was a clear favorite this year.  @FenixPhoenix won with the majority of the votes.  I really loved this submission as well.  Well done image and well done text.  Congratulations @FenixPhoenix!!!

RiverSoft Art Products used:

• Assembly Line Pose Automation Kit Bone Doctor Pose Control | These products allowed me to transfer my G3 Males poses to the G8 generation. Which is a time saver considering that I have a lot more pose sets from the previous generations. Additionally, being able to save partial poses allowed me to mix and match several poses to get me started. Then I only had to do some tweaking!
  • Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male | The entire wardrobe the character is using is actually a combination of two G3 outfits. I'll link the outfits in the gallery.
  • RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male | The boots as well as the earring are actually kitbashed from G2 outfits! I'll link the outfits in the gallery.
  • Look At Me Pose Control | Of course, one cannot do a render without using this handy tool. How else would these clan member's eyes meet otherwise?!
  • dForce Magnet | Last but not least... one of the best tools ever... the magnets! I only started playing with them till now, even though I bought them at launch. Though they seemed complicated to use, they were surprisingly easy and intutive! It took some playing with the cape to get things right, but finally, I was able to make it seem as though the dog was biting his cape. A bid of attention with a growl of mistrust. Those who are the hardest to love are usually the ones who need it most.

Inspired by the recently released Landon 8 bundle. "A werewolf meets a little guy on the streets who's having a hard time. In his heart, the moment their eyes crossed, he knew… it was time to bring his clan member home."

Thank you for your wonderful products, @Riversoft Art! I hope I paid a nice tribute, since this image couldn't have been made without the products I mentioned!

Second Place Runner Up Winner

@scorpio "The Street"

Prize: Winner's choice of 1 RiverSoft Art product (where RiverSoft Art is the sole creator of the product)

Obviously, I don't know how to run a contest, as I wanted to give all the entrants a prize.  smiley  The pressure of judging got to me and I decided to add one more prize, Second Place Runner Up winner!   I really liked the image that @scorpio made.  It feels so alive and energetic, compared to a lot of images.  A great use of the Now-Crowd billboard products.  Congratulations @scorpio!

RiverSoft Art Products Used

I used the Now Crowds Billboards - Future Life and Now Crowds Billboards Modern city Life. The bill board figures are the ones mainly in the back furthur down the street, they are so useful I've found for filling up a scene without taxing my computer. I only picked them up recently but will be using them a lot more, when mixed with full figures and lo res figures it should be possible to get a very populated scene, something I've not been able to do in the past without rendering in bits this was rendered in one go the only reason its a small size was time rather than anything else, I did do one version on a larger scale and my Graphics card was able to handle it. But I didn't like the lighting and so wanted to redo it. I meant to render it while I was at work today but forgot to press the render button before I left so have to do it this evening in between getting dinner so it had to be the smaller dimensions.

Second Place Winner

@FenixPhoenix  "Bringing Home a Clan Member"

Prize: Pose Blender

I really loved this image, just like everyone else.  A strong image with a great story (and a lot of products used).  I especially love that you used the dForce Magnet to make the story even better.  Congratulations @FenixPhoenix!

RiverSoft Art Products used:

• Assembly Line Pose Automation Kit Bone Doctor Pose Control | These products allowed me to transfer my G3 Males poses to the G8 generation. Which is a time saver considering that I have a lot more pose sets from the previous generations. Additionally, being able to save partial poses allowed me to mix and match several poses to get me started. Then I only had to do some tweaking!
  • Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male | The entire wardrobe the character is using is actually a combination of two G3 outfits. I'll link the outfits in the gallery.
  • RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male | The boots as well as the earring are actually kitbashed from G2 outfits! I'll link the outfits in the gallery.
  • Look At Me Pose Control | Of course, one cannot do a render without using this handy tool. How else would these clan member's eyes meet otherwise?!
  • dForce Magnet | Last but not least... one of the best tools ever... the magnets! I only started playing with them till now, even though I bought them at launch. Though they seemed complicated to use, they were surprisingly easy and intutive! It took some playing with the cape to get things right, but finally, I was able to make it seem as though the dog was biting his cape. A bid of attention with a growl of mistrust. Those who are the hardest to love are usually the ones who need it most.

Inspired by the recently released Landon 8 bundle. "A werewolf meets a little guy on the streets who's having a hard time. In his heart, the moment their eyes crossed, he knew… it was time to bring his clan member home."

Thank you for your wonderful products, @Riversoft Art! I hope I paid a nice tribute, since this image couldn't have been made without the products I mentioned!

First Place Winner

@LaPetiteVerita  "Moon, Take Thy Flight"

Prize: Winner's choice of 2 RiverSoft Art products (where RiverSoft Art is the sole creator of the product)

It was so hard to choose the winner.  @LaPetiteVerita's "Moon, Take Thy Flight" managed to just barely eke out a win.  It is a fantastic image.  The Striga outfit by @Arki is one of my favorites and the included dForce pose presets make it a breeze to use (but was a bear to make smiley@LaPetiteVerita had a very strong combination of breathtaking image and a terrific description of how Pose Blender was used.  Congratulations @LaPetiteVerita!!!

RiverSoft Art Products Used

Description:

I have a love-hate relationship with dForce (although "terrified" is more accurate than "hate"). I love what it can do - it opens up so many new options for artists - and I love looking at all the amazing work people have done using dForce. At the same time, I'm totally intimidated by the mechanics of using dForce, and I'm working on an older laptop that was intended for word processing. It doesn't really get along with dForce. So when I saw the dForce Striga Outfit had hierarchical pose presets that emulated dForce, I snapped it up!

The best part of the preset poses, in my opinion, is that they work really well as a place to start - I'm not just limited to the poses provided. For this piece, I used RiverSoft's Pose Blender to mix the "Looking Back" pose with a walking pose, and I depended quite heavily on the selective pose blender option to mix in some of the other presets as well. The left arm is mixed with the spellcasting preset pose, while the right arm has a little bit of the "sitting" and "standing" poses blended in. I barely needed to use the morph dials to fix the fabric after she was posed. And because I used the pose blender, all the different poses look natural blended together - nothing tries to stick out at odd angles, as often happens when I try to combine partial poses. Pose blender really is my secret weapon - using it is the best trick for keeping posed figures from looking stiff and frozen.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments