The Bride - Commercial

RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,750
edited October 2013 in The Commons

The next installment in my "Classic Monster Series" is :

The Bride

http://www.daz3d.com/monster-classics-the-bride

Sometimes there is a love so strong that even death is not the end. But what live remains after is not always the dream one would hope for.
Done with the classic stylings that have become iconic for this character, this tale of love gone wrong comes back to life again.
Hand crafted morphs and highly detailed textures will bring your monster renders to new levels fear and romance.

Product Includes:

• One Bride Character preset Morph
• One Bride Materials Preset with SSS
• Includes Poser DUF files with custom material settings

Post edited by RawArt on

Comments

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

very nice !

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited October 2013

Great job of capturing Elsa Lanchester's likeness.
    But where am I going to find the gown, the arm bandages and that hair so I can do a "We belong dead" render? :)

Bride_closeup.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 54K
    Post edited by TJohn on
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,750
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    But where am I going to find the gown, the arm bandages and that hair so I can do a "We belong dead" render? :)

Thanx
    I was working on just capturing an "essence" of her looks, but I do dig how it turned out.
    I figured the hair would be too close to the copyrighted look, so I didnt include one. However I am working on a LAMH version that may be close.

Rawn

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    tjohn said:

Thanx
    I was working on just capturing an "essence" of her looks, but I do dig how it turned out.
    I figured the hair would be too close to the copyrighted look, so I didnt include one. However I am working on a LAMH version that may be close.

Rawn

They managed to use the Bride's hairstyle on Magenta in the later scenes of Rocky Horror, so it might not be a problem. I bought the Bride, but I'm stuck here at work for sixteen hours, so I can't play with her until tomorrow evening. I'm looking forward to it.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Bridetastic... used Aoife Hair 2 (white shock added in post) and Century Nightgown

Monster_Bride.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 552K
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    RawArt said:
    tjohn said:

Thanx

Rawn

They managed to use the Bride's hairstyle on Magenta in the later scenes of Rocky Horror, so it might not be a problem. .It's not the hairstyle that's the issue, it's "The Bride of Frankenstein," which is a trademarked character and likeness. While Magenta's look was meant to riff on TBOF, she's not the same character and it's got a little extra protection as the use is one of parody. Ditto for Madeline Kahn in Young Frankenstein, but in the same film they were legally required to use a different look for Peter Boyle, as he actually was playing the Monster. Having once having had to change a piece of art after getting a notice from Toho, I don't blame Rawn for being a bit skittish on the issue.

edited December 1969

It was a rhetorical question I was asking about The Bride's ensemble and hair. I am completely aware of why things like that can't be included. But like my tweaking and dressing the Victorian Monster to be a bit more "Karloffian", the end user is free to kitbash their way to nerdvana for non-commercial fan renders.
    And I will with The Bride eventually. :)
    BTW Jabba, nice job!

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

I might have to add this to my cart along with the Frankie Von Stein Bundle. I was debating on the two and decided to go with Frankie for now since she's been in my wishlist for a while and I like the green skin, but I like this one and tge stitches too

edited December 1969

The Bride of Frankenstein (Alternate Ending)

As she looked into his eyes, she suddenly knew: they were made for each other.

I'm a sucker for happy endings. :)

The_Bride_Alt_End.jpg
    976 x 1250 - 334K
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,750
    edited December 1969

Very nice!...I like that outfit you found for Franky

edited November 2013

RawArt said:
    Very nice!...I like that outfit you found for Franky

Thanks, that's the dress from the Victorian Maid outfit by Ravenhair.

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/victorian-maid-for-genesis-2-female-s

Seemed appropriate (and inexpensive). :)

Post edited by TJohn on