CarraraCafe is open!

tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hey Crew!

Remember, we still have Carraracafe.com to use.

Quite a few of us have been using that while we wait for this forum to get straightened out.

Join us.

:-)

P.S. Welcome back everyone.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

well my coffee got cold waiting for them all and I added it to my Android rss feed and it sends me old stories!!!
    (like the long over logo contest)
    but I can post resizable piccys and video links there!!
    (except no-one sees them)

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited May 2012

I see the pics/vids.

I also had that cuppa you set out for us.

Carraracafe is easier to navigate than this forum.

:coolsmile:

Post edited by tsarist on
  • 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited May 2012

The more people who use it the better it will be.

It is Carrara specific and hopefully will not be full of Daz Studio stuff (which can waste so much time if your interests are carrara.)

Post edited by 0oseven on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

0oseven said:

It is Carrara specific and hopefully will not be full of Daz Studio stuff (which can waste so much time if your interests are carrara.)

I had no problem with the old Carrara Discussion forum cluttered with DAZ Studio issues, as there was a forum for the DAZ Studio software. Unless you mean Content (V4, Genesis, etc.), in which case I would remind you that many Carrara users also use DAZ content, and a discussion on how they work in Carrara is just as legitimate as a discussion of the vertex modeler.

• paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

0oseven said:

I had no problem with the old Carrara Discussion forum cluttered with DAZ Studio issues, as there was a forum for the DAZ Studio software. Unless you mean Content (V4, Genesis, etc.), in which case I would remind you that many Carrara users also use DAZ content, and a discussion on how they work in Carrara is just as legitimate as a discussion of the vertex modeler.

Well said Evilproducer. I can tell you as a Noob to Carrara I am interested in all things Carrara. But, will still be using my Daz stuff and need to know how to use it in and with Carrara.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

well my coffee got cold waiting for them all and I added it to my Android rss feed and it sends me old stories!!!

If you want to write some articles I can add you as a writer to the site. :) Anyone? Bueller?
    Looking for reviews of plugins, large projects, Carrara as an art tool, professional or otherwise....

As far as the RSS I don't think the social areas are connected, so it is only the front end "magazine" that feeds the RSS.

• paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

If you want to write some articles I can add you as a writer to the site. :) Anyone? Bueller?
    Looking for reviews of plugins, large projects, Carrara as an art tool, professional or otherwise....

As far as the RSS I don't think the social areas are connected, so it is only the front end "magazine" that feeds the RSS.

Holly I just wanted to say I think that the Wetcircuit site is great.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,197
    edited December 1969

When I'm finally finished rendering / fixing episode 8 of Sci Fi Funk I'll do an article for Carrara cafe if you like.

To recap It's a fly through of three huge scifi scenes welded together painstakingly over the last 2 years.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited October 2013

Honestly, I haven't checked out The Café in a long time. Sorry, but the performance was just awful; I'd love to help with that (though website performance is not my specialty).

One item I'd dearly love to see somewhere is an in-depth discussion on shaders and how to build them. Holly's photoreal sun tutorial was an awesome step in the right direction for what I'd love to see. My shader skills in both Carrara and LightWave suck out loud. I wish I had the time to hone them.

EDIT: Woo-hoo! I am now a Power Member! :)

Post edited by Garstor on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    Honestly, I haven't checked out The Café in a long time. Sorry, but the performance was just awful; I'd love to help with that (though website performance is not my specialty).

One item I'd dearly love to see somewhere is an in-depth discussion on shaders and how to build them. Holly's photoreal sun tutorial was an awesome step in the right direction for what I'd love to see. My shader skills in both Carrara and LightWave suck out loud. I wish I had the time to hone them.

EDIT: Woo-hoo! I am now a Power Member! :)

Now you just have to work up to Addict!

There was some caching bug I seem to recall reading about that seemed to cause the delayed posts. Since the feature with the bug was turned off, the performance has sped up in the forums section, and the posts show up right away!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

conga Rats Garstor!

edited December 1969

Now you just have to work up to Addict!

There was some caching bug I seem to recall reading about that seemed to cause the delayed posts. Since the feature with the bug was turned off, the performance has sped up in the forums section, and the posts show up right away!

Time is an ever-present curse for me lately. But I will try to wander over to the Café in the very near future.

PS: Thanks Wendy! I have already consigned myself to never catching up to your post count. ;)

edited December 1969

When I'm finally finished rendering / fixing episode 8 of Sci Fi Funk I'll do an article for Carrara cafe if you like.

To recap It's a fly through of three huge scifi scenes welded together painstakingly over the last 2 years.

That would be AWESOME! :D

Gastor, I have a lot of ideas for tutorials - and the shaders especially I think people need some help to get them over the learning hump... And I need to do articles on my favorite plugins... and... and... and...

Very sorry about the caching issue, I allowed that to go on too long before just pulling it. There are still quite a few issues that I am hoping will be fixed, but seriously DAZ's forums are hardly "issue free" either. HA! It's about effort to reward.... You'll make the effort if you think lots of people will see it.... Kinda don't get why people think a community site should just fill itself, kind of defeats the whole point of having a community site if it is only controlled by one or two people (meanwhile after that set the standard everyone decided to create their own Carrara site, so :) once again we have a problem with info being scattered everywhere and nothing centralized)....

And I *know* there have been mixed messages in the past about WHAT exactly Cafe was meant to do: whether it is a glossy commercial for Carrara, or whether it is a platform for certain "star artists", or whether it is meant to be an actual Community User's Group.... Let's just say everyone involved seems to have a different idea and trying to be respectful of those separate goals has created some "this is my territory, that is your territory" issues....

But trust me, while I like having the glossy front end, we already have a very nice "artist" magazine in 3DExpo.... I think it's long overdue to open up the front end of the site to more users and more USEFUL information for users, not "just" pretty showcase images....

edited December 1969

Garstor, I have a lot of ideas for tutorials - and the shaders especially I think people need some help to get them over the learning hump... And I need to do articles on my favorite plugins... and... and... and...

I love that passion! Maybe my meagre skills can be of use. I am a terrain fan myself.

I nominate evilproducer for a spline model room tutorial! ;-)

Very sorry about the caching issue, I allowed that to go on too long before just pulling it. There are still quite a few issues that I am hoping will be fixed, but seriously DAZ's forums are hardly "issue free" either.

That's a given! Most internet forum sites are powered by PHP software and a MySQL database. My skills are with the SQL Server database. But I am willing to help where I can.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,197
    edited December 1969

That would be AWESOME! :D

But trust me, while I like having the glossy front end, we already have a very nice "artist" magazine in 3DExpo.... I think it's long overdue to open up the front end of the site to more users and more USEFUL information for users, not "just" pretty showcase images....

Cool it will be done.

I must say that I thought Carrara Cafe was for the experts only, but I think more of us talking about how to get over the learning hump would boost readership no end. It would also help it appear in the search results more.

edited December 1969

Cool it will be done.

I must say that I thought Carrara Cafe was for the experts only, but I think more of us talking about how to get over the learning hump would boost readership no end. It would also help it appear in the search results more.

That would be awesome! Let me know! :D