How do I change the DAZ Studio start-up screen?

andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I want to use DAZ Studio in an educational environment. Is there some way to use a different start-up screen that's more kid-friendly?

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

There is as of 4.6.1.17. Edit > Preferences > Interface. Change the Splash Screen option at the top to Alternate. It changes it to a simple Daz3D logo.

dazlogosplash.jpg
    632 x 469 - 155K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Perfect! That did it. Thanks so much. Wow, that looks tons better anyway.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...now that actually looks nice and professional.

Think I'll change mine as well.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553
    edited December 1969

Too bad you can't change it to your own image,......... want to get rid of the ugly undead troll (it scares the kids).

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

The new release doesn't have the beast.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

Yea the new splash doesn't have the undead guy. I would like the ability to change to a custom image though, or maybe random images based on folder contents.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

I really liked the Undead Fiend and the Lorella Fantasy outfit splash screen. I was sad to see it go with the new release. Maybe I'll sift through the package contents and find the resource and swap it out for my own image. There has to be a .jpg or a .png in a Resources folder somewhere!

edited December 1969

I think that image is embedded in the exe.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Yea the new splash doesn't have the undead guy. I would like the ability to change to a custom image though, or maybe random images based on folder contents.

Can some tell me why this isn't already a thing in the program? You'd think with the idea of family and professional environments taken into consideration, they'd let their consumers have the ability to customize their splash screen to something appropriate for such things.
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Personally, I prefer to get rid of the start up screen altogether. Used to be able to do that with some software. Unfortuately, not DAZ|Studio.

edited December 1969

Yeah, at a minimum, I wish it would default to the new plain logo screen. It looks cool and much more professional.

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Aah, one of those threads which show the timeless differences in preference ;) I'm happy to learn that I'm not alone here.

ryemac3 said:
    I really liked the Undead Fiend and the Lorella Fantasy outfit splash screen. I was sad to see it go with the new release. Maybe I'll sift through the package contents and find the resource and swap it out for my own image. There has to be a .jpg or a .png in a Resources folder somewhere!

I may have a tip for you, check out this thread. Although the thread is locked the first message has the splash screen attached to it.

Today I started Daz Studio again looking at the busted lady and well, that splash screen really isn't for me. I most certainly admire the render, it's of good quality, but I liked the previous splash screen so much better...

In fact; it was that splash screen alone which made me buy the Undead Fiend and Lorella Fantasy outfit. It's so beautiful, a sort of modern beauty and the beast kind of scenery.

I'd love to get my hands on the original scenery so that you could render it for yourself. In fact; I'm still toying with the idea to start a fantasy project during the upcoming holiday season to try and recreate this scenery myself. I got the fiend, I got the outfit and I think I recognize the scenery in the background. May need to lookup the girls hair though...

• Pixolygon said:

There is as of 4.6.1.17. Edit > Preferences > Interface. Change the Splash Screen option at the top to Alternate. It changes it to a simple Daz3D logo.

After all this time I never knew this was here. Thanks for that. I can finally get rid of the ugly troll from the 4.12 splash screen! One of the worst loading screens for Daz in ages.