Side Renders in Honor of Misty the Awesome One - May the 4th Be with You

Comments

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 420

Did I post my image wrong? Give me tips. How do I post an image to appear in the body? Is there a size limit for posting images intot the body? I've lurked for years and still really not sure how to do this.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524
    edited April 2019

Another quickie from me

WW2 Submachine Guns
    WW2 Anderson Shelter
    Worms (Centipede)
    World War II U.S. Uniform HD for Genesis 8 Male(s)

Centipede attack 1 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited April 2019
    wscottart said:

Did I post my image wrong? Give me tips. How do I post an image to appear in the body? Is there a size limit for posting images intot the body? I've lurked for years and still really not sure how to do this.

Nothing wrong with a smaller picture but I like to see the pictures bigger !

1. Click on Picture icon to get Image Properties box

2. Paste image address bar location into URL location

3. Adjust width, 800 maximum or you upset the mods

4. Click OK

I usually make my image size between 3 to 4 MB maximum

Image 1.png
    1527 x 998 - 209K
    Image 2.png
    1535 x 994 - 3M
    Image 3.png
    1531 x 992 - 208K
    Image 4.png
    1531 x 996 - 195K
    Image 5.png
    1541 x 1002 - 330K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Wow, Thanks for that! I'm a highly visual learner, and that helped me understand how to this from now on.

wscottart said:

Wow, Thanks for that! I'm a highly visual learner, and that helped me understand how to this from now on.

You're welcome, now that you can go bigger I'll take down your image in the other post, feel free to make your image bigger in the original post.

Regards, Bunyip02

wscottart said:

You're welcome, now that you can go bigger I'll take down your image in the other post, feel free to make your image bigger in the original post.

Regards, Bunyip02

Awesome, thanks and thanks for getting me to follow up by actually going and doing it. Not only am I visual I guess I'm kinesthetic as well.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited April 2019

what I did was use DiM and exported to my spreadsheet... did a random sort and divided the pages into lots of 20

the 4th page revealed these and the highlighted is what I chose!...

Easter is Coming

DazPage4.jpg
    452 x 535 - 60K
    Page 4.png
    800 x 600 - 504K
    Post edited by Stezza on

what I did was use DiM and exported to my spreadsheet... did a random sort and divided the pages into lots of 20

Easter is Coming

That's funny great stuff.

thankyou smiley

wscottart said:

Easter is Coming

That's funny great stuff.

Another excellent render from Stezza, but the Hamster needs glowing red eyes !

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Great updates.

wscottart, great to have you join the party.  Glad you got the posting issues sorted out. Good one.

bunyip, great explanations and great renders

Stezza, hilarious and spectacular

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106
    edited April 2019

All of this is so cool! I love the random list idea - and especially the render that came from it!

I also really enjoyed wscottart's rationale of choice according to list items that just didn't quite fit the workflow - and that render is cool too! (I like al of the renders in here!)

A bit nervous for Genesis 8, though. That centipede is gonna get him, I think? 

Diomede, that Raptor render is too awesome! So Rogue One! May the Forth be with You... Alwayth!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Thank you all, I'm slowly getting this new machine in order. Hard for a pure mac-head to soak in years of missed nuances in in windows. Such as figuring out how to overcome the  LAA memory in 32 bit apps. I don't create the greatest of art but I enjoy the process immensely.

not many days left for you all to get something posted .... surprise

not many days left for you all to get something posted .... surprise

+1 yes

I've got one more May the 4th be With You render in the works.  I limited the store to PC items, sorted by popularity, then looked for 4 items I owned on page 4.  Should have something silly with a wagon and an abandoned railway bridge by the deadline.

Sad News 

Peter Mayhew recently passed away.  He played Chewbacca in Star Wars.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/02/719841314/peter-mayhew-portrayed-chewbacca-the-wookiee-in-star-wars-movies-dies-at-74

edited May 2019

Here is my latest.  Post Apocalypse Snake Oil Salesman

Used 4 items from page 4 of the store if I limit to PC only and sort by most popular and enable items I own.

- Unused Railway Bridge

- Suffolk Wagon

- Simple Fabric Iray Shaders (adapted and applied to Grantham suit)

- Materials Abounds Iray Shaders (adapted and applied to Grantham suit)

zz01 get a may the fourth list by filter products by popular pc club and see which ones I own on page 4.JPG
    1580 x 733 - 170K
    may the 4th snake oil.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 173K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Snake Oil - love it !!!

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on

It does say that the snake oil salesman arrives after the apocolypse!  devil

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921
    edited May 2019

ha ha you spell as good as eye Ted :) still rendering mine\

Untitled-2.jpg
    579 x 1060 - 225K
    Post edited by Headwax on

Captain Jack and First Mate Jack Hargreaves - the 'Pirate Prince'

Great idea for a thread Ted, congrats Mysty for being in the hall of fame :)

used song bird, Castleguarde Silverkey's Monkay, Lisa Botanicals and William Kid 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

still open?

edited May 2019

Voting is here

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2333FJ5

state that you voted in thread below so can match number of votes with number of voters.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/325076/voting-thread-may-the-4th-be-with-you-renders#latest

Post edited by Diomede on

Sorry I missed this. I had a really cool scene going for this one too :( 

Maybe if I get the darned thing to render, I'll post it in here anyway. I'm really loving all of the new products I've been able to scrape together using PC+. I also have three useable versions of my Rosie chracter in V4, Genesis 1, and Genesis 2 versions, so I can pick and choose for various reasons. Thanks to GenX2, they all look like Rosie! :)  The thing I really love about my Genesis 1 version is that I can still use my V4 shaders! ;)

Maybe if I get the darned thing to render, I'll post it in here anyway. I'm really loving all of the new products I've been able to scrape together using PC+. I also have three useable versions of my Rosie chracter in V4, Genesis 1, and Genesis 2 versions, so I can pick and choose for various reasons. Thanks to GenX2, they all look like Rosie! :)  The thing I really love about my Genesis 1 version is that I can still use my V4 shaders! ;)

yeah.  getting my fave m4 maps to g3m. problem

the blacksmith texture converter is a way.  but spensive,  they want mre monies for each convert template. on top of the converter module

Mystarra said:

yeah.  getting my fave m4 maps to g3m. problem

the blacksmith texture converter is a way.  but spensive,  they want mre monies for each convert template. on top of the converter module

Yeah, so I went another route (but not for G3), instead of getting my V4 textures to Genesis 2, I used GenX2 to get my Genesis 2 F shapes to Genesis 1, I also added some V4 morphs along for the ride - expression stuff mostly. Kinda funky to play with, but works much better than I expected it to. I was afraid of spending the $$$ on GenX2 for so long... I'm glad I dropped that fear and gave it a try. I love it - and am still ultimately new to doing it, since my PC broke.

Then, since I was on the subject of expanding Genesis 1 with all of these extra morphs, I thought it was time to try my experiment about altering which morphs I save to a Carrara save of Genesis. So I made a temp folder on my desktop and opened the data folder with all of Genesis 1's morphs, and stripped out all of the shapes I didn't need for Rosie, then loaded a fresh Genesis into Carrara, made my new Rosie G1 with my new GenX2 morphs, saved to browser. Now, even with all of the Genesis 1 morphs back in place, the Carrara Rosie G1 still only contains the morphs I've given her! Love that!

I remember somebody saying there's a new plugin so we can do that directly in Carrara... I want to try that as soon as I get a new PC built or new laptop... whichever comes first.

someone gave v4 and m4 uvs for g2

was a few christmasses ago

CONGRATULATIONS - Diomede_Carrara

The election officials identified several duplicate ballots after being alerted by concerned citizenry.  Then the dubious absentee ballots from North Carolina had to be dealt with. Finally, people whose ballots were contained in ballot box 13 somehow managed to vote in alphabetical order.  Mysterious!  Diomede_Carrara is declared the winner.  Local election boards have decided that Survey Monkey should only be used if there is more careful preparation.  The results were covered by the Kane newspaper and publishing conglomerate.  Click to play.

Ha ha, a conspiracy - must be the obsolete hardware interface that gave us away