What would happen if I tried to render a Carrara model in Daz Studio?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

Nothing 

because you cannot 

devil

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Hiwie done ds specific sets

If it’s any consolation Howie has abandoned Carrara and gone where the money is namely DAZ studio so he might in future add to his portfolio and do a similar set for you! 

I just use Carrara myself heart

• If it’s any consolation Howie has abandoned Carrara and gone where the money is namely DAZ studio so he might in future add to his portfolio and do a similar set for you! 

I just use Carrara myself heart

That would be awesome! I love his work.

Try dart's starry sky with country lane or secret lake. Is beautiful

yanno carrara has a terrain editor

ise a lil green envy for Harpsburg Night Lightsdevil

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

because of what would happen with the space time continuum surprise

because of what would happen with the space time continuum surprise

Stewart or MacAvoy

the time lines a mess

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Minor clarification.  You can export models from Carrara and render them in Daz Studio.  The issue with Howie Farkes forests, and similar Carrara scenes, is that Daz Studio does not recognize Carrara replicators (instances in Studio).  

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Minor clarification.  You can export models from Carrara and render them in Daz Studio.  The issue with Howie Farkes forests, and similar Carrara scenes, is that Daz Studio does not recognize Carrara replicators (instances in Studio).  

However, Howie has provided the solution to that with Ultrascatter and Ultrascatter Pro. These provide equivalent (and more) functionality within Daz Studio, albeit rather more slowly (they are scripts, after all). They can even use the same shader masks...

However, Howie has provided the solution to that with Ultrascatter and Ultrascatter Pro. These provide equivalent (and more) functionality within Daz Studio, albeit rather more slowly (they are scripts, after all). They can even use the same shader masks...

Not an easy task though especially for someone who has never loaded and inspected the scene in Carrara, the OP can take some comfort in our loss and DAZ stufio’s gain in acquiring Howie as a content creator.

I expect we will be the ones soon green with envy.

I am now increasingly looking at Bryce too now I am retired and have time, some awesome stuff is just software specific.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,660

Not an easy task though especially for someone who has never loaded and inspected the scene in Carrara, the OP can take some comfort in our loss and DAZ stufio’s gain in acquiring Howie as a content creator.

I expect we will be the ones soon green with envy.

I am now increasingly looking at Bryce too now I am retired and have time, some awesome stuff is just software specific.

I was using Bryce with DAZ Studio before I converted to Carrara, have recently converted a heap of Bryce textures to Carrara shaders, there is much to use from Bryce.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 430

Side note: Since I jumped from Mac to windows I am falling love with Carrara quickly once again. Just for an example I opened the Darkwald carrara scene on my new windows machine and bammm!... I was able to load and render that sucker in just a few moments. Would have taken half an hour or more just to open the scene on my mac. Mac has 20gb memory and windows has 32gb that might be a world of difference, but I don't know.