How to dial away the hollow back of female G8?

I was looking at Leonie https://www.daz3d.com/leony-hd-for-victoria-8 ,

Interesting muscles, interesting skin, but the characters promos show a very distinct hollow back. Looks even a bit distorted to me, not a natural way of standing. So, is ist possible to have this character corrected to a more natural behaving back? Or ist this feature something she just shows because the promos gave her very high heels?

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

I do not think the back is as bad as you think.  I bought this bundle a while back here are a couple of demo renders flat footed  she looks normal to me

demo.jpg
    1920 x 1500 - 78K
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

I was looking at Leonie https://www.daz3d.com/leony-hd-for-victoria-8 ,

Interesting muscles, interesting skin, but the characters promos show a very distinct hollow back. Looks even a bit distorted to me, not a natural way of standing. So, is ist possible to have this character corrected to a more natural behaving back? Or ist this feature something she just shows because the promos gave her very high heels?

i could swear i have seen a freebie dealing with that issue.. on sharecg. just found it:

https://www.sharecg.com/v/82308/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Unbreak-Spine-Posture-Corrector-for-Genesis-3

no idea tho how you can transpose that on G8 - i can't use the tools for morph transfer... maybe someone else can help for that

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,850
    edited March 2019

I suspect that's down to the sexed-up poses used rather than inherent in the shape.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited March 2019

Yes, a lot of so-called "sexy" female poses are very sway-backed (which IMVHO looks very un-sexy, but that's just me...lol).

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Sorry if slightly irreverent since already know the answer (sex sells) but in most pose packs.

Why are their butts always sticking out, and their hips swayed off to the side?  They’re going to need a chiropractor!  Ouch!

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    Tynkere said:

Why are their butts always sticking out, and their hips swayed off to the side? 

Artistic choice. The boobs-and-butt pose is extremely common in comics.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800

If youcan't find a morph, it's easy here to create one. Use the D-Former tool. Or even better, just keep the D-Former with your character. You can also simulate some gravity effects of the body with.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

GF8 does have a sway-backed shape anyway, regardless of pose. I think I've mentioned on here before that I used to be a dressmaker, and when I'm making digital clothes I find the hollow backs of the Genesis females much harder work to create a fit for than their big busts are. Life would be easier if I could think like a modeller rather than a pattern cutter when I do clothes, but I did the sewing thing for so long that it's a hard habit to shake. Genesis female is lovely to look at, but she'd have been a bit of a nightmare if she'd been a real client :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,850
    edited March 2019
    BlueIrene said:

GF8 does have a sway-backed shape anyway, regardless of pose. I think I've mentioned on here before that I used to be a dressmaker, and when I'm making digital clothes I find the hollow backs of the Genesis females much harder work to create a fit for than their big busts are. Life would be easier if I could think like a modeller rather than a pattern cutter when I do clothes, but I did the sewing thing for so long that it's a hard habit to shake. Genesis female is lovely to look at, but she'd have been a bit of a nightmare if she'd been a real client :)

With dForce you could model around a corected pose, then memorise that in DS and use it when simulating. It's also possible to rig clothing to a modified pose, there's a video explaining how to do it for high-heeled shoes. Either technique would also be useful for narrow skirts, which tend to start bunched if modelled around the default feet apart stance.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

Also, Zev0 provides a morph called 'Youth Posture' in the appropriate Growing Up package which can be used to straighten the back.

youth posture.PNG
    1076 x 661 - 305K
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Ah, THAT is useful. And I own growing up. So I can buy the character and give her a better posture.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    nattaruk said:

Also, Zev0 provides a morph called 'Youth Posture' in the appropriate Growing Up package which can be used to straighten the back.

...I was just going to mention this.  Thank you.

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210
    y3kman said:
    Tynkere said:

Ridiculous. An artist would never exaggerate the female form just to get an extra few sleazy sales.

Spider-man Mary Jane

Oh. Nevermind.cheeky

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Kitsumo said:
    y3kman said:
    Tynkere said:

Ridiculous. An artist would never exaggerate the female form just to get an extra few sleazy sales.

Spider-man Mary Jane

Oh. Nevermind.cheeky

They don't exaggerate the male form either, I've noticed. :)

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190
    Kitsumo said:

Spider-man Mary Jane

Oh. Nevermind.cheeky

lol.

i don't think campbell does it for the money.  i think he just likes to draw the way he likes to draw.  :)

j

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210
    edited March 2019
    jardine said:
    Kitsumo said:

Oh. Nevermind.cheeky

lol.

i don't think campbell does it for the money.  i think he just likes to draw the way he likes to draw.  :)

j

Lol, I wasn't trying to target him specifically, but's just such a ridiculous pose that only serves one purpose ... to make guys buy more comics. What's really funny is there's a thread of people trying to emulate that pose with hilarious results.

Post edited by Kitsumo on
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

I guess it all comes down to the poses that you apply to the figure, you can correct it.

• Pet said:

I guess it all comes down to the poses that you apply to the figure, you can correct it.

True, but I think what most people would like to see is poses that they don't have to correct to begin with.
  • Pet said:

True, but I think what most people would like to see is poses that they don't have to correct to begin with.

+10000

• This is why I mostly use male poses on female figures...

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

This is why I mostly use male poses on female figures...

This.

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited March 2019
    Kitsumo said:

What's really funny is there's a thread of people trying to emulate that pose with hilarious results.

Lol   Where is the topic spoofing the comic style?  Could use a good laugh.  devil

To Topic:

Since I have lot of fun with Leony as “Lara Croft” got curious.  Compared to G3... G8 does seem to have sway back.  Had never noticed.  Good to know about morph! : )

Oddly enough (imo) Leony seems to have less sway than G8 or even V8 (unless perspective is throwing me off.)

Did the OP mean the cleft or depression over the spine?  Assume Leony was meant as a sort of “Tomb Raider” character, so if true to game, she does have that hardbody cleft over spine.  

Now am just curious if it has a name.  Found a sacral morph and a ‘fitness’ morph, but nothing that really dials up/down this feature.  As said, just curious.  :)

G8 has the most sway back?

'Spinal cleft?'  What's this called?

_Comparisons.png
    955 x 1246 - 1M
    _LeonySpineCleft.png
    980 x 1312 - 964K
    Post edited by Tynkere on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    Pet said:

I never correct them as I like that type of pose. There are pose sets for females that look to masculine that I pass on. Good thing it's an easy fix either way.depending on your preference.