Any reviews for Look at My Hair? Does it work?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,602

Any reviews for this product?  User experiences?

Comments

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,602

Thanks for the link.  This forum really needs a better search function. That thread didn't pop up when I searched.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Deke said:

Thanks for the link.  This forum really needs a better search function. That thread didn't pop up when I searched.

Best way to find what you're looking for in the Daz forums is to use Google, imo, using the "site:" parameter. Like this:

site:www.daz3d.com/forums/ search terms

Including the www in the domain will keep all the results on the English version of the site. I'm not sure what other languages are supported, but you can get results in other languages by dropping the "www." from the domain name in the search format above.

I hope this tidbit helps in the future.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try that next time.

Another LAMH question: I got this and exported the "hairy" model into daz, but when I move the figure in daz....the hair stays in one place. Is the hair not attached to the figure?  This would make the plug-in worthless for animation.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040
    Deke said:

Another LAMH question: I got this and exported the "hairy" model into daz, but when I move the figure in daz....the hair stays in one place. Is the hair not attached to the figure?  This would make the plug-in worthless for animation.

Not in Iray. The figure has to be posed and then the fur loaded and changed to Fibrehair or use the Catalyzer if you have the Catalyzer fur. The hair is a static object as Nvidia haven't implemented Iray to work with the way LAMH grows the hair, something about splines but I can't remember, and LAMH  can't be made to work with Iray. For animations you will have to use LAMH in 3Delight.

I suppse that character could be rendered in 3delight and then comped into a layer with everything else rendered in Iray...but that makes things more difficult.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited March 2019
    Fishtales said:
    Deke said:

Not in Iray. The figure has to be posed and then the fur loaded and changed to Fibrehair or use the Catalyzer if you have the Catalyzer fur. The hair is a static object as Nvidia haven't implemented Iray to work with the way LAMH grows the hair, something about splines but I can't remember, and LAMH  can't be made to work with Iray. For animations you will have to use LAMH in 3Delight.

if you can do animations devil

I am finding scant information on that topic in a thread I bump occasionally nobody replies to

I now in fact can do LAMH 3Delight animations myself using a very contorted method that makes no sense whatsoever but nobody has enlightened me to any other way or for that matter rendered any examples I have seen cheeky

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/299486/some-furry-animals#latest

I cannot help anyone else on this I am afraid as quite frankly have no idea what I am really doing

I do composite the results BTW as one figure in 3Delight is slow enough for me

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

There is very little animation info....I think they keep most of it in the art gallery thread, but they really should have a separate "Daz Studio Animations" threat.  I'm pretty handy given I've been tinkering with it for a couple years. Iray is the big difference.  If you can't render well, there's no point in using a program for animation.  

This is a dissapointment with LAMH. I may ask for a refund.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040

@Wendy_Carrara

I see what you mean. I hadn't used LAMH in an animation until I tried it just now and I see the problem, the LAMH hair doesn't have time to move with the pose in each frame. The only way I see to overcome that is to manually number and render each frame one at a time, which would take forever on a long animation, rather than letting it run in a sequence. As @Deke says, disappointing. 

I did notice that the hair will move eventually even in Iray mode...and I usual render in PNG sequences anyway. So I'll keep messing with it.  

BTW people mention a Catalyzer.  What is that? Is it part ot he LAMH program?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited March 2019
    Deke said:

There is very little animation info....I think they keep most of it in the art gallery thread, but they really should have a separate "Daz Studio Animations" threat.  I'm pretty handy given I've been tinkering with it for a couple years. Iray is the big difference.  If you can't render well, there's no point in using a program for animation.  

This is a dissapointment with LAMH. I may ask for a refund.

I had to laugh at the typo, "threat"… Freudian slip, perhaps?
    laugh

Deke said:

BTW people mention a Catalyzer.  What is that? Is it part ot he LAMH program?

We've been talking about the Catalyzer over here. For more specific information about Catalyzer, and the ability to ask the PA about things like animation, check out the commercial thread: [Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.7 update available [Commercial]

Post edited by L'Adair on