LAHM2Iray catalyzer won't download

So I just purchased the said catalyzer so I can get fur on the wolf models, but it won't download. Every time I try to download it, it keeps saying its automatically failed. Can anyone help with this?

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Is it the Download that is failing? Or the Install?

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

This is also happening to me.

edited March 2019

Can you be more specific? I'd like to help, but I don't know if the problem is getting the product to download, or getting the product to install!

And if it fails to download, are you trying to d/l Manually, with DIM, or Daz Connect?

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • DekeDeke Posts: 1,613

Just got this and started to experiment. What is a catalyzer? Don't you just export the "hairy" model from LAMH back to Daz Studio and render with Iray?  Maybe I'm missing something.

edited March 2019
    Deke said:

Just got this and started to experiment. What is a catalyzer? Don't you just export the "hairy" model from LAMH back to Daz Studio and render with Iray?  Maybe I'm missing something.

The original LAMH product was designed to take advantage of features in the 3Delight render engine. It does not translate to Iray. If you have LAMH, (as opposed to free LAMH Player,) you can convert any existing LAMH hair to fiber mesh for rendering with Iray. However, this is very high poly and can really slow your rendering down.

Catalyzer is a product by the same PA to provide native support for Iray with better results. However, at this point, it is not possible to create our own Catalyzer hair objects. The PA, Alessandro_AM, has been creating Catalyzer fur presets for his new products, as well as updating older animals for Catalyzer as time allows.

Here's the link to the commercial thread on Catalyzer: [Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.7 update available [Commercial]

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • DekeDeke Posts: 1,613

So you can't render a LAMH figure in Iray?  That's also a deal breaker for me.

Deke said:

So you can't render a LAMH figure in Iray?  That's also a deal breaker for me.

I didn't say that, exactly. I think the player can convert the hair to an object, but as I have the full product, I don't use the free player. It's only a couple of steps to open the LAMH hair in the LAMH plugin and export as fiber mesh. And with Catalyzer, you can render the Catalyzer fur without having LAMH.

When rendering in Iray, the Catalyzer fur is going to render the fastest, (and look the best.) The LAMH exported fiber mesh hair will be next, and the hair as object will take the longest.

Here are some renders i did where all the fur is LAMH that I exported as fiber mesh and then rendered: The Royal Mouser. Got Milk, and The Standoff.

L'Adair said:

Can you be more specific? I'd like to help, but I don't know if the problem is getting the product to download, or getting the product to install!

And if it fails to download, are you trying to d/l Manually, with DIM, or Daz Connect?

Thanks for trying to help! The download is failing in DIM and in Daz Connect. I was able to complete a manual download.

Poking around on the commercial thread, I found the PDF manual: www.alessandromastronardi.com/downloads/CatalyzerPDF.pdf

The first thing it says is to use DIM or the manual download "standalone installer." He doesn't say Daz Connect doesn't work, but the lack of mentioning DC implies to me that it does not.

I bought Catalyzer when it first came out. and have installed all the updates as they showed up in DIM. So to test it, I uninstalled and deleted the "LAMH2Iray Catalyzer for DAZ Studio 4.8+ (Win 64-bit)" file. Downloading and intalling the file worked without any issue.

I suppose there can be an issue with your hardware configuration that's causing you trouble. Or I could just be really, really lucky! lol

Regardless, you were at least able to install manually. I recommend bookmarking the commercial thread. AM updates the title to the current version whenever he updates Catalyzer. When you see that change, you'll know to download and install the update. And maybe by then, your DIM will be able to install it!
    wink

Thanks, I appreciate you looking into the issue. Yes, it's very strange. I've never had a problem downloading anything else from DIM! But it looks like something was updated because I was just now able to download / install from DIM. laugh

@Leonides02, I'm really happy to hear that.

@ktives1, Looks like you should try downloading again, with DIM. Feel free to come back in here and ask for help if doesn't download and install.