Latest Nvidia drivers and OpticX still EXTREMT SLOW RENDERING.... I give up.

I have i7  16Gram and 1080P

I have opticX 6 (latest) (dosnet matter if I turn on or off, always on CPU!!!!!)

I done everything to force GPU but it never us IT!!!!

I have nvidia driver latest.

Before I could render fine, now one fram at 240x240 pixels take 2 hours!

Time to leave Daz3d? and go else where ?

Comments

• Are you sure you are on 419.x? The 418.x drivers all caused Iray to revert to CPU

• fablemanfableman Posts: 22
    edited March 2019

Are you sure you are on 419.x? The 418.x drivers all caused Iray to revert to CPU

I have 419.35

Using daz3d= Public Pro beta relese 4.11

It's a simple scene with two genesis8 models.
    Dosent matter if I have hair or not, cloth or not.

Could it be something else that not support iray?

Post edited by fableman on

Here is all info about my GPU:

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 03/16/2019 12:09:44

System name: DESKTOP-DDQFRP9

[Display]

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

DirectX version: 12.0 

GPU processor: GeForce GTX 1080

Driver version: 419.35

Driver Type: Standard

Direct3D API version: 12

Direct3D feature level: 12_1

CUDA Cores: 2560 

Core clock: 1670 MHz 

Memory data rate: 10.01 Gbps

Memory interface: 256-bit 

Memory bandwidth: 320.32 GB/s

Total available graphics memory: 16364 MB

Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB GDDR5X

System video memory: 0 MB

Shared system memory: 8172 MB

Video BIOS version: 86.04.17.00.E3

IRQ: Not used

Bus: PCI Express x8 Gen3

Device ID: 10DE 1B80 85AA1043

Part Number: G413 0000

[Components]

nvui.dll 8.17.14.1935 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdplcy.dll 8.17.14.1935 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdbat.dll 8.17.14.1935 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdapix.dll 8.17.14.1935 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

NVCPL.DLL 8.17.14.1935 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvCplUIR.dll 8.1.940.0 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvCplUI.exe 8.1.940.0 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvWSSR.dll 25.21.14.1935 NVIDIA Workstation Server

nvWSS.dll 25.21.14.1935 NVIDIA Workstation Server

nvViTvSR.dll 25.21.14.1935 NVIDIA Video Server

nvViTvS.dll 25.21.14.1935 NVIDIA Video Server

nvLicensingS.dll 6.14.14.1935 NVIDIA Licensing Server

NVSTVIEW.EXE 7.17.14.1935 NVIDIA 3D Vision Photo Viewer

NVSTTEST.EXE 7.17.14.1935 NVIDIA 3D Vision Test Application

NVSTRES.DLL 7.17.14.1935 NVIDIA 3D Vision Module

nvDispSR.dll 25.21.14.1935 NVIDIA Display Server

NVMCTRAY.DLL 25.21.14.1935 NVIDIA Media Center Library

nvDispS.dll 25.21.14.1935 NVIDIA Display Server

nvDevToolS.dll 25.21.14.1935 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

PhysX 09.19.0218 NVIDIA PhysX

NVCUDA.DLL 25.21.14.1935 NVIDIA CUDA 10.1.120 driver

nvGameSR.dll 25.21.14.1935 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

nvGameS.dll 25.21.14.1935 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

edited March 2019

Taskmanager tells me that GPU running at 1% and I using 6GB of dedicated GPU memory (have 8) 
    CPU at 30% GPU at 1%.....!!!!!

Post edited by fableman on
  • Task Manager, with default settings, is not a reliable indicator. If you go to the Performance tab and look at the GPU entries you can chnage the graphs - set one to Compute and I am told it will show the activity correctly.

3D show 1%
    Compute_0 show 0%
    Memory goes up to max 6GB

No GPU....

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

Have you:

1) uninstalled Daz and reinstalled?

2) If you ever had the Nvidia 418.x drivers did you use Display Driver Uninstaller if you tried to downgrade to an older driver?

3) If your GPU is using 6Gb of VRAM and the only thing running is DS that sounds like it filled up the VRAM and dropped to CPU. Are you trying to do anything else when you're rendering? Are you sure something in the scene(s) you're rendering don't have their subD turned up to some ridiculous level?

4) have you run an AV and malware scan?

• OK, then you need to get GPU-Z from https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/ to get a true picture of what is happening, the Task Manager is apparently not reliable.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,204

Check the log file (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File) after starting and stopping a render. Go to the end of the file, and look for errors after the time you started the render. If Iray or GPU is failing for some reason, the messages should be shown there.

BTW all other 3D stuff works. in games I have full speed and no vsync.

Have you:

2) If you ever had the Nvidia 418.x drivers did you use Display Driver Uninstaller if you tried to downgrade to an older driver?

3) If your GPU is using 6Gb of VRAM and the only thing running is DS that sounds like it filled up the VRAM and dropped to CPU. Are you trying to do anything else when you're rendering? Are you sure something in the scene(s) you're rendering don't have their subD turned up to some ridiculous level?

1.Yes I uninstalled DAZ3D and DAZ3d Public Beta.
    2. Yes I hade 418 drivers, I only updated using Nvidias GFORCE experience.
    3. When I render it will go up to 6GB and after it release everything like it should.
    4. Yes, my system is clean and all, yes all drivers are the latest. Win10 Pro.

Can you explain the SubD turned up in scene ?

OK, then you need to get GPU-Z from https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/ to get a true picture of what is happening, the Task Manager is apparently not reliable.

I run a animation rendering and I saw how the GPU climb to 98% and the Watt consumption aswell for every frame, and dropped to 0% after and then up again.

That program show that the GPU is working like it should.

fableman said:

BTW all other 3D stuff works. in games I have full speed and no vsync.

Have you:

1.Yes I uninstalled DAZ3D and DAZ3d Public Beta.
    2. Yes I hade 418 drivers, I only updated using Nvidias GFORCE experience.
    3. When I render it will go up to 6GB and after it release everything like it should.
    4. Yes, my system is clean and all, yes all drivers are the latest. Win10 Pro.

Can you explain the SubD turned up in scene ?

subD, subdivision level, is a, in simple terms, higher definition option for objects in DS. You can check the parameters tab for each actor, etc. and you'll find two seperate settings. subdivision level, which effects the viewport, and render subdivision level. Every step up from level 1 increases the memory the object takes up. subD 2 or 3 isn't too bad if you have a good card but 4 or 5 really chew through resources. I got an outdoor scene where everything was set to 5.

I found how to make the task manager to show the correct GPU load.

Select Cuda instead of 3D in the graphs.

There's a graph for CUDA in Task Manager? Must be a new version, or the NVIDIA driver provides it. Still reluctant to update the driver from 417.71...

The 3D graph should show activity while you move the viewport around.

• I'm using the current (419.3something) driver and don't have a CUDA option for the graphs.

Things that make you go Hm-m-m...

So, fableman, is it rendering okay or not? Your comments only say you can now see GPU activity, but does it still render very slowly, or what?

I'm using the current (419.3something) driver and don't have a CUDA option for the graphs.

Maybee you need to update your win10 to latest patch level or install latest Nvida Optix ?! Dunny why I have it..

NorthOf45 said:

Things that make you go Hm-m-m...

So, fableman, is it rendering okay or not? Your comments only say you can now see GPU activity, but does it still render very slowly, or what?

Iam able to render again but I reduced all quality, maybee it's the scene I am working on.

I'm using the current (419.3something) driver and don't have a CUDA option for the graphs.

Win 10 pro and the 419.35 driver and I have it. Look at the bottom of the menu. No idea when it showed up.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited March 2019

Latest driver, Windows 10 up-to-date as far as I can see:

Task Manager GPU options.jpg
    662 x 585 - 88K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

It might be something to do with your graphics card. Do you know which microarchitecture your card is? There were750 ti's with Keplerm Fermi and Maxwell. As far as I'm aware Nvidia has ended support for Fermi.

• Not Fermi, then, since it's working with the latest drivers.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

All the 750 Ti's were Maxwell, Ken. You are correct, though that the 700 series lineup did contain a mishmash of models, some having Maxwell GPU's and some having Kepler, but for a given model they were all either one or the other. No Fermi for the 700 series. That particular mishmash was with the 600 series (Fermi and Kepler).

• I have been fighting this with my Nvidia GTX 970 as well but I think I have a solution,

Open your Nvidia Control panel and select Manage 3d settings.

Under Global settings

Maximun Pre-rendered frames set to - Use 3d application settings

Open GL rendering GPU set to your GPU

Textur filtering set to Quality

Vertical sync set to -Use 3d application settings

Under program settings, If you do not have Daz Studio (dazstudio.exe) there already , Click Add and browse to dazstudio.exe and select.

When done check the following settings.

Ansiotropic Filter- Application controlled

Antialising mode - Application Controlled

OpenGL Rendering GPU - Set to your GPU

Vertical sync - Use the 3d application setting

Virtual Reality pre render frames - Use the 3d application setting

As far as Texture filtering and other settings I prefer to set to Quality, Setting them to High Quality takes 3 times as much time per render.

Setting to proformance or speed / memory hastens the render to basic quality

This will help insure that the GPU is used 99% of the time for renders. 

It also moves some controll of the GPU from your OS to Daz. 

SixDs said:

All the 750 Ti's were Maxwell, Ken. You are correct, though that the 700 series lineup did contain a mishmash of models, some having Maxwell GPU's and some having Kepler, but for a given model they were all either one or the other. No Fermi for the 700 series. That particular mishmash was with the 600 series (Fermi and Kepler).

I had to go look it up because Nvidia's documentation just says Fermi, kepler and Maxwell in the 700 series. It appears that at least some of the 700 series mobile GPU's were Fermi.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I had this issue with my system, I-7, 64 GB RAM and 1080Ti. Ended up rolling back to 417.71. Seems to be the last version that worked well. 418 and 419 have giving me nothing but problems in DAZ and Poser. Renders are never handed off to GPU, no matter what.

• Just got the public 4.12 release... render times have gone up a lot for me too though i'm using either 2x 980 or 2x 1080 - drivers v 436.30 relased 9/10

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@inacentaur " render times have gone up a lot for me too though i'm using either 2x 980 or 2x 1080 "

Curious. I'm using the same driver for my 980TI. My renders have consistently been 20% faster with 4.12/