Changing paths?

I want to move my scene and sub-scene folders to a different drive. Where do I change the path for those?

Comments

• You mean File>save and File>Save As? Ds will remember and use the last folder to which you aved, as long as it is still accessible.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,033

my scenes are under C:\Users\Drogo\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Scenes

I would like to move the entire "My Library" to an external drive because I am running out of space. I want to move it to E:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\ so that the program starts looking there.

Moving it is not the issue. How to get DAZ to look there is the question.

• Edit>Preferences>Content tab>Content Directory Manager, highlight the entries in the current set in turn and use the Edit button to change the path. Remember to check the different sets - Connect, Daz Studio Formats, Poser Formats, and (if you use it) Other Import Formats. Also remember to change Install Manager, which you can do by downloading this script and dragging it into the DS Viewport after making the changes in DS http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/install_manager_config/start

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,033
    edited May 2019

My Render Library is not showing up in the tab but it is going to the correct folder on the disk? Is there something that I left out?

Post edited by Drogo Nazhur on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858

Please post screen shots of the pane and of the Render Directory Manager settings.

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

I just did change my Content Directorys, nothing special simply changed the folder names and so did I change the pathe in the Content Directory Manager. Content loads and works fine with no issues.

However since I changed the name of my main Content Library where all script products are saved my Custom Actions in the main menu Scripts are no longer working. Thats a big bummer since I just recently took the time and had moved them from the default scripts menu into custom menus. I figured out it has something to do with the %AppData%\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\customactions.dsx config file that has all the old absolute paths saved. Now I fixed it by search/replace old abslute path with new one in my text editor and saved the dsx file while DS was closed, started DS again and now my Custom Actions work again.