[Iray] Video-Rendering - "Cancelling out" objects?

Hello out there ;-)

I have a project running, which goal it is to visualize a building. Everything is build and equiped (props from DAZ), everything done in DAZ Studio.

Problem is rendering the 2 Minute walk through said building. Since it seemed impossible to port the file without issues to the unreal engine, I'm now stuck with DAZ...

My whole problem could be solved - I think/hope - if it would be possible to exclude certain parts of the building from rendering at specific frames. Example: The garden is only relevant in the last 20 seconds, so I would like to toggle visibility off for the rest of the video. But the visibility-parameter (the "eye") doesnt seem to be keyframe-sensitive.

Is there a way to tell a certain room for example "Only appear on frame 50 to 100"?

I kinda dont want to let my system work for 3 days straight on a video I would loose if it collapses ;-)

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Don't try to render all at once, instead render each part to an image sequence and then turn all the images into a video in editing software. that will also protect you from crashes, allow you to rerender sections if you spot an error, allow editing of frames in an image editor, and allow you to use PNG or Tiff format for the images to get an alpha channel for compositing.

• Thats a great tip, thank you very much!

I figured out how to cancel... For anyone as blind as a bat as me... Not "clicking the eye" but "Parameters" -> "Display" -> "Visible in Render", this is frame-sensitive.

Any other tipps handling videos?

Question: Is a HDRI Map good or bad for render time? I assume "Scene Only Light" might be quicker?

• HDRI provides all-round light, with in-scene light sources some areas will probably be lit only by light that bounces off other surfaces - in general areas that are not directly lit take longer to converge, and so slow the render down. I would therefore expect a generic HDRI to be quicker than generic scene lights for an open scene - if the scene is in an enclosed space then the HDRI too will be bouncing light in and matters may go the other way, as they may be with a specially arranged set of scene lights designed for just that scene.

• Thank you!