Happy 4th of July from DAZ

DAZ_CameronDAZ_Cameron Posts: 0
edited July 2012 in The Commons

It's almost July 4th and DAZ wants to help you celebrate! We're giving you a coupon good for $2 off a DAZ Originals purchase of $5 or more. Keep in mind that DAZ Originals are currently 65% off, so this will add to some already great savings.

Just add the coupon code DAZ-4TH-OF-JULY during checkout to get $2 off your order.
Head over to the store now by clicking here

Coupon Expires July 4, 2012 at 11:59:59
*Excludes $1.99 and resell items. 65% includes PC discount.

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Comments

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Cool! Thank you and happy 4th of July to you Cameron!

Coldrake

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that Coupon :)
    Happy 4th of July!

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Just checking can I stack this with the PC coupon if I purchase a DO over $5?

And thanks :-)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

The coupons aren't stackable, sorry.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    The coupons aren't stackable, sorry.

Thanks for the reply. :)

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

*Happy dance* Thanks for the coupon! Hmmm, with the Daz Originals on sale, there are about 500 items at $4.98 this won't apply to. :lol:

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited July 2012

Thanks. I do have a question - is this how the new "coupons" will work from now on?

Only Daz Originals
    Minimum purchase requirement
    Not stackable with other coupons

Or are these just temporary issues that you plan to change when more customization is done?

If this is the "new Daz" I see a lot of coupons going to waste. And a resulting less purchasing here.

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
  • H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Is this a one use only coupon or can it used multiple times? I have three or four DO items in my wishlist I could use this on.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Great, this will come in handy.

Happy July 4th DAZ!! :-)

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

Is this a one use only coupon or can it used multiple times? I have three or four DO items in my wishlist I could use this on.

I can confirm that it's a one-time only use coupon :-(
  • H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    I can confirm that it's a one-time only use coupon :-(

Oh well, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Thanks for letting us know, Lindsey :cheese:

• CyonixCyonix Posts: 210
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I do have a question - is this how the new "coupons" will work from now on?

Only Daz Originals

Or are these just temporary issues that you plan to change when more customization is done?

If this is the "new Daz" I see a lot of coupons going to waste. And a resulting less purchasing here.

Yeah, DAZ needs to bring back the old voucher/gift certificate system. Sure, vouchers may have only been good for up to 50% on non-DAZ Originals, but for some of the higher priced PA items, that 50% could be the difference between getting an item or simply having to pass on it. Plus the whole "$5 minimum purchase requirement" makes it impossible to use on all those DAZ Originals currently on sale for $4.98 (despite DAZ promoting in the original post that combining the coupon with the sale prices would equal some great savings)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Awesome, 65% discount + coupon means that I am now a very, very happy owner of Wyvern 2.0! Thank you!

• edited July 2012

Posted: 03 July 2012 12:29 PM [ Report ] [ Ignore ]
    Administrator
    Total Posts: 15
    Joined 2012-05-04

It’s almost July 4th and DAZ wants to help you celebrate! We’re giving you a coupon good for $2 off a DAZ Originals purchase of $5 or more. Keep in mind that DAZ Originals are currently 65% off, so this will add to some already great savings.

Just add the coupon code DAZ-4TH-OF-JULY during checkout to get $2 off your order.
    Head over to the store now by clicking here

Coupon Expires July 4, 2012 at 11:59:59
    *Excludes $1.99 and resell items. 65% includes PC discount.

I try to buy "secret garden shaded haven" for about 6.99 as PC member , put the 2$ coupon and it says "the coupon is not valid"
    What did I do wrong?
    now i did a new try to the item and now the coupon was valid.
    ThankYou for the coupon
    Karin
    Karin

Post edited by pista1139_55fc653610 on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

Only Daz Originals

That is actually a very good question, I'd like to see it answered as well :D

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:

Only Daz Originals

My understanding is that they are looking at what can be done about these (and other ways of improving the PC), but bug-fixing has top priority, so no idea if or when these might change.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i was browsing the Daz original sale, sorted by price, there is a bunch of stuff repeating. the stag beetle showed on 5 pages so far, among other things

thanks for the coupie!

edited December 1969

i was browsing the Daz original sale, sorted by price, there is a bunch of stuff repeating. the stag beetle showed on 5 pages so far, among other things

thanks for the coupie!

Yes, I've noticed there doesn't seem to be a secondary sorting criteria when you sort by price or release date, so each page the result order can be rearranged. It's very annoying. Known and on the list to be fixed.

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Thanks Daz - what a lovely gesture!! :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

one nice thing, the confirmation page now gives a link to My Downloadable Products

edited December 1969

Barubary said:

Only Daz Originals

My understanding is that they are looking at what can be done about these (and other ways of improving the PC), but bug-fixing has top priority, so no idea if or when these might change.

I do understand that bug fixing is top priority, but it would be nice to find out for sure if they ARE going to change these when the bugs are fixed.

edited December 1969

Barubary said:

Only Daz Originals

I do understand that bug fixing is top priority, but it would be nice to find out for sure if they ARE going to change these when the bugs are fixed.

The minimum purchase requirement is optional -- the 4th of July coupon had a minimum, the PC coupons currently do not. Some of the options discussed for what PC members would prefer included the possibility of a minimum purchase requirement if that would allow them to be used on PA or PC items. Opinions of PC members on whether they would prefer that to a DO-only coupon with no minimum were mixed, and there was no guarantee that DAZ 3D could make that happen if they did decide to try that solution.

Coupons only applying to DAZ Originals was not what DAZ 3D wanted, but they also did not want to recreate the cumbersome accounting calculations that were required to have vouchers on the old site usable on PA items. They are trying to find an alternative, but whether they will be able to is unknown.

I do not know if they will be able to make coupons stackable.

edited December 1969

Barubary said:

Only Daz Originals

The minimum purchase requirement is optional -- the 4th of July coupon had a minimum, the PC coupons currently do not. Some of the options discussed for what PC members would prefer included the possibility of a minimum purchase requirement if that would allow them to be used on PA or PC items. Opinions of PC members on whether they would prefer that to a DO-only coupon with no minimum were mixed, and there was no guarantee that DAZ 3D could make that happen if they did decide to try that solution.

Coupons only applying to DAZ Originals was not what DAZ 3D wanted, but they also did not want to recreate the cumbersome accounting calculations that were required to have vouchers on the old site usable on PA items. They are trying to find an alternative, but whether they will be able to is unknown.

I do not know if they will be able to make coupons stackable.

Mike, I do appreciate your reply, but I'd really like to hear from Daz higher ups about this.

Till this new store there has NEVER been a minimum requirement on vouchers (which this coupon replaces). We could have used it (even ignoring the issue of Daz O's only and the non-stacking issue) on something that was on sale for $2 if we wanted. There have been 2 non-pc coupons given since the new store, and BOTH have had minimum requirements. This is not a trend I personally like seeing here. And since as you point out they don't HAVE to have a minimum requirement, it's a disturbing one to me...

Again, it's part of the entire issue that the ONLY vaguely positive thing I've seen since this new forum/store has been a PC member monthly freebie, which CERTAINLY doesn't offset all the negative stuff - while I appreciate a freebie, one that people may or may not have any interest in doesn't generate a "wow, isn't Daz wonderful" feeling. It's sad, because I used to get that feeling a LOT, and I haven't had it for awhile now....

• Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Thanks... appreciate the coupon.

• JWagamanJWagaman Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Wow Coupon code " DAZ-4TH-OF-JULY " is not valid. The Stupid s--t justs keepson coming

edited December 1969

JWagaman said:
    Wow Coupon code " DAZ-4TH-OF-JULY " is not valid. The Stupid s--t justs keepson coming

Make sure you have a non-PC DAZ Original in your cart.

edited December 1969

I did and tried many combinations still not working

edited December 1969

My bad The first time ever I did the Noob mistake of having a space on the front. It worked