How to go about using lip sync, or other appropriate plugins?

village_residuumvillage_residuum Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello

So I am looking to use my version of daz studio 4 (32 bit) in order to use an avatar of a musician I will create. I want this avatar to be able to mimic the words of a song. So first off,

1. What lip sync version would I want to purchase?
2. Also, is there anything else I would need to download that would work in tandem with lip sync (i.e. emotions that would create a more believable scenario of someone signing...or is that not necessary?)

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Hello

So I am looking to use my version of daz studio 4 (32 bit) in order to use an avatar of a musician I will create. I want this avatar to be able to mimic the words of a song. So first off,

1. What lip sync version would I want to purchase?
    2. Also, is there anything else I would need to download that would work in tandem with lip sync (i.e. emotions that would create a more believable scenario of someone signing...or is that not necessary?)

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

lip sync is free - it is 32 bit only ( so you are good to go )
    you need nothing else to start
    load your model - go to tab - click lip sync - load you music into lip sync
    open the ds timeline and run your animation
    if it's what you want render it

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

That MIGHT work, but for the best lip sync you need just the words of the song without the music. In my use of the built in lip sync the background sound can and does from time to time cause errors in the animation. The Bass in the music seems to be the big problem on the ones that fail for me. T suggest you test it before you render to file. As I say not all sounds I tried failed but some do. By fail I mean look weird.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • village_residuumvillage_residuum Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guys!!!

Looks great! Jaderail, totally right! I can see the difference between the instruments with voice as opposed to purely just using the voice.

Great that this feature is free. I never would have considered it!!!