DAZ 3D Install Manager v.1.0.1.81 Update

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited September 2013

Then I'm a little confused. Do you happen to have Uberspot? I only get a DS3 version and a DS4/4.5+ version. Short of manually installing, shouldn't I have the option of using the DS4 version in the general release and not only the beta? :-S

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

DS4.5+ should work for DS4.6 too - or didn't I understand the question? (that happens ...)

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    DS4.5+ should work for DS4.6 too - or didn't I understand the question? (that happens ...)

Heh, no worries. What's happening is I have both 4.6 and the Public Beta installed, yet I have plugins automatically going to the Beta and ignoring 4.6 when installed through DIM.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

On the Settings > Applications tab there should be separate entries for the Beta and the General Release (the beta says "Public Build", the release just says "DAZ Studio 4.5+ (xx-bit)"). Plugin packages will be for either one or the other, and not all plugins have packages for both yet.

edited September 2013

Look at my screenshot. Are you really telling me that my only result for Uberspot is for the beta and not for the general release? I bet if I uninstalled the beta that Uberspot would then install to my general release.

uberspot.jpg
    1175 x 824 - 224K
    edited December 1969

No, I'm saying that not all plugins are available through DIM yet. There are some that they're still testing, and so they're only being made available for the beta; once DAZ 3D is confident that they work correctly in many different system configurations, they will make them available for the general release.

edited December 1969

Ah, I see from your screenshot that you're not talking about the same thing. Can you open the manifest.dsx in the zip and see what it says for "version" on one of the lines?

edited September 2013

If that's the case, I should have a non-dim version in my product library.

Unless what I said is happening. That installing plugins through DIM is using the most recent version (beta) and ignoring the general release (4.6.0.18).

/edit
    Just saw your 2nd reply. One sec.

uberspotproductlibrary.jpg
    642 x 162 - 107K
    edited December 1969

Ah, I see from your screenshot that you're not talking about the same thing. Can you open the manifest.dsx in the zip and see what it says for "version" on one of the lines?

VERSION="4.5;4;4.x Public Build;4.x Private Build"

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,059
    edited December 1969

Vaskania - right-click on the product name and click on 'show installed files'. My copy installed to all my studio 4 versions - public beta and current release in both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. You might need to go to the configuration menu for the software definitions and make sure DIM has the path for the current release (if it is installing other plugins correctly, this should be OK).

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

VERSION="4.5;4;4.x Public Build;4.x Private Build"

That should install to both the general release and the beta. Can you post a screenshot of the Settings > Applications tab?

edited September 2013

This is the first plugin I've tried to install with DIM. I usually use the old fashioned *.exe route to avoid things like this.

I only have these files in the beta, they didn't get copied over to my regular install.

/scripts/support/omnifreaker/rendertime/omUberSpotAttribs.dsa
    /scripts/support/omnifreaker/shaderDefinitions/light/omUberSpotShadowDef.dsa
    /scripts/support/omnifreaker/shaderDefinitions/light/omUberSpotShadowSurf.dsa
    /scripts/support/omnifreaker/shaderDefinitions/light/omUberSpotSurf.dsa
    /shaders/omnifreaker/light/omUberSpot.sdl
    /shaders/omnifreaker/light/omUberSpotShadow.sdl

/edit
    Could it be that + sign in DIM? It says Daz Studio 4.5+, but the VERSION for the plugin only says 4.5 without a +.

dim_apps_tab.jpg
    551 x 516 - 160K
    edited December 1969

Its not the plus sign. Mine is the same; interestingly enough, I don't have an application path for the public build showing, but it installed there anyway.

Have you defined a directory for 32-bit and 64-bit software in the 'installation' tab?

One thing to be aware of for the two directories - anything installed by DIM will create a DAZ 3D directory under your path, and then a product-specific directory under that. I'm wondering if this is causing your issue. I've defined D:\bits-32 and D:\bits-64; they both have a DAZ 3D\Studio4 subdirectory. In addition I have a Studio4 Public Beta directory under the bits-64\DAZ 3D directory.

Note that there is NO difference in any of the path or file names for Studio between the 32-bit and 64-bit directories, so you can't use one directory for both.

edited September 2013

E:\Program Files is set for both 32 and 64bit programs. I've never had an issue with this and I've been doing it for years. DS 4.6 was installed via the good ol' *.exe method, hence why it's not in a base Daz 3D folder. The beta is the only folder within their Daz 3D folder.

If DIM chooses to ignore the paths outside of their own Daz 3D folder, then what's the point of telling it where our software is? >.>

Also, if a 64bit version of software exists, I don't install the 32bit versions. So for 4.6 and the beta, I only have the 64bit versions installed.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    E:\Program Files is set for both 32 and 64bit programs. I've never had an issue with this and I've been doing it for years. DS 4.6 was installed via the good ol' *.exe method, hence why it's not in a base Daz 3D folder. The beta is the only folder within their Daz 3D folder.

If DIM chooses to ignore the paths outside of their own Daz 3D folder, then what's the point of telling it where our software is? >.>

Also, if a 64bit version of software exists, I don't install the 32bit versions. So for 4.6 and the beta, I only have the 64bit versions installed.

I hear you. Just reporting what I've got, and absolutely no clue on why DIM doesn't have a path for the public build in the software config -- after all, I used DIM to install it.

And I ran into the 32/64 bit uniqueness issue because I used to install the 32-bit version of the beta to play with on the 64 bit system; kept the 64-bit version on the release code.

edited December 1969

Ahh gotchya. I never went that route just because I hate the ram restrictions. I have 8GB and I'm going to use it all, damnit. LOL

I don't know why you wouldn't have a path, either. I didn't have to manually add it since the beta install via DIM auto-added it on it's own.

• SherrySherry Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm using Windows 7 professional, service pack 1, 32 bit.

I have downloaded the manager, latest version, but it will not open. the first build worked on this computer, but this one will not even open. I tried troubleshoot and it says it is not compatible program.

help???????

edited October 2013

Getting a bug when filtering by paths. I have Generation 4, Generation 4 Clothing, and Generation 4 Hair. When I use path::F:/!Libraries/Generation 4 in the filter box, it comes up with everything that's also in the Clothing and Hair paths. It seems to be looking for Generation 4 in general and not the actual path. This does not happen when filtering by the Clothing and Hair paths, though.

Since I'm redoing some things, I suppose I could just rename Generation 4 to Generation 4 People, but thought I'd post the bug anyways.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178
    edited October 2013

Vaskania said:
    Getting a bug when filtering by paths. I have Generation 4, Generation 4 Clothing, and Generation 4 Hair. When I use path::F:/!Libraries/Generation 4 in the filter box, it comes up with everything that's also in the Clothing and Hair paths. It seems to be looking for Generation 4 in general and not the actual path. This does not happen when filtering by the Clothing and Hair paths, though.

Since I'm redoing some things, I suppose I could just rename Generation 4 to Generation 4 People, but thought I'd post the bug anyways.

Its not a bug, its doing exactly what it should be. By default anything entered into the Filter Field is interpreted as a Wildcard contains expression; this is mentioned on the Filter Field page (first paragraph) and then explained in more detail on the Advanced Filtering page (last paragraph in the first section). As such, typing "path::F:/!Libraries/Generation 4" is equivalent to typing "path::wc::*F:/!Libraries/Generation 4*" (notice the wildcard syntax selector and enclosing asterisks). Both "path::F:/!Libraries/Generation 4 Clothing" and "path::F:/!Libraries/Generation 4 Hair" match the expression because they both contain "F:/!Libraries/Generation 4". If you don't want the default behavior, you must override it. In your case, you can use "path::wc::F:/!Libraries/Generation 4" (notice the wildcard syntax selector and the lack of enclosing asterisks) or a case insensitive regular expression like "path::rx::ci::^.*/!libraries/generation 4$" where "^" means "from the beginning", and ".*" means "any character zero or more times" and "$" means "to the end".

-Rob

Post edited by rbtwhiz on
    edited December 1969

Took me a bit to find this since it was unstickied. lol Thanks for the explanation. :) I went ahead and renamed my runtime since I was working on them, but this info will come in handy for future ref.

edited December 1969

Sherry said:

I have downloaded the manager, latest version, but it will not open. the first build worked on this computer, but this one will not even open. I tried troubleshoot and it says it is not compatible program.

help???????

Can anyone help with this?

edited December 1969

Sherry said:
    Sherry said:

help???????

Are you getting any sort of error message when you try to open it?

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Sherry said:
    Sherry said:

help???????

Are you getting any sort of error message when you try to open it?

No, it will not open. I tried right clicking it to tell it to open, nothing. I tried troubleshooting the program and it tells me it is not compatable program. The first build worked, but none of the others have. I lost my original program and can't get any of the others to even open.

edited December 1969

By default (not customizable), the app installs to C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\DAZ3DIM.exe Does this exist on your pc?

edited December 1969

this is what it shows:

daz.jpg
    900 x 506 - 101K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

It shouldn't be installed to "Program Files". It is a 32bit app so it needs to be in the "Program Files (x86)" folder

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    It shouldn't be installed to "Program Files". It is a 32bit app so it needs to be in the "Program Files (x86)" folder

IIRC, DIM's install isn't customizable, so for whatever reason, it put itself there.
  • rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Frank0314 said:

IIRC, DIM's install isn't customizable, so for whatever reason, it put itself there.

1.0.0.115 - Revised defaults for custom install locations on Win
    1.0.0.117 - Auto-Update installation on Windows now re-installs to the path of the invoking application
    1.0.1.81 - Allow user to set a custom install path for new Windows CMS installations; not allowed during update

-Rob

edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    Vaskania said:
    Frank0314 said:

1.0.0.115 - Revised defaults for custom install locations on Win
    1.0.0.117 - Auto-Update installation on Windows now re-installs to the path of the invoking application
    1.0.1.81 - Allow user to set a custom install path for new Windows CMS installations; not allowed during update

-Rob
    /off to reinstall it to move it off of C:
    Thanks, Rob. When I first installed DIM it didn't have the option to change it's destination directory.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:

-Rob

Question: is that only for the CMS or for DIM too? :wow:
    *Hopeful smile*