DAZ Studio 4.5 Release Candidate 2

Comments

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,091
    edited June 2012

I've had an issue with cameras. I loaded a daz scene file that had been saved in DS 4.0, in which I had several of my own cameras, positioned and locked into place. Everything seemed fine when i loaded into DS 4.5, but when I saved as a duf file and then reopened it later, all the cameras had reset to the default perspective view setting. Anyone else notice this, or has a bug report been submitted. I don't know if this will affect cameras set up in 4.5 and saved, I guess I need to test that further.

Nope, it's broken. Just tested, and camera positions are not saved.

Post edited by 3WC on
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited December 1969

Since I am not used to DS, is this also DS4 Pro but a new pre release version right?

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Good catch wwes, locked cameras are saved to default position. Did you file a bug report?

@PetraR123: yes, that is correct, it's a pre-release.

• BruceBroussardBruceBroussard Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio : Incremented build number to 4.5.0.66.

I found a page
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log
    How do I get this version?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

The change log shows internal versions, so that you can see how things have changed when there's a new public release. That version isn't, or isn't yet, available as a public release.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    Good catch wwes, locked cameras are saved to default position. Did you file a bug report?

Nope, but I will.

• NabouNabou Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Hello alls,

a new fail to download DS4.5 (not a valid zipfile) i mean RC2
    my last DS4.5 was not installable, and i can not handle the kendall - script or an hex editor.

The other point is, i can for download never use my old IE8 browser under XP, i have to change to Firefox, this will start the download process.

i will be get more and more angry with the new website and store.

My last buy was horrible too, the download does not start, i wrote a ticket , but no answer from helpcenter, i search long in froum and read, try maybe another browser, this has me help, see note above, but why do i not get this info from helpcenter?

if i pay for an item i will not fiddle with scripts, hex-editors or some diffrent browsers, it has to work promptly how in old store
    if i download a file i never see a filesize

my reason for now, i stay wide away from daz-store, i have buy a lot before, but the trouble to become the items now is not worth to spend more nervhealty

i look earlier dayly in store or forum, but now maybe 1 per week and i have FEAR to buy in store, i must be aware to become trouble again, i hope the web designer from this store was kicked

i think this is my post for a long time, i am verry frustrated !!!,
    i was a fan from DAZ, this was my first touch to 3D related things with bryce and ds-studio in 2008 and i was soo happy then i am only a hobby user that like to create nice pictures in DS or Bryce, DS3 was so easy and fine to use

this community here is soo fine and honorable, i was proud to be a part of them

sorry my stumbeling english and have alls a great day

Greetings Nabou

• mtlegacymtlegacy Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I don't have time to follow the evolution of DS but I have a question ? I use DS 4.3 for my job and I am wondering if there is a chance (even a slight chance) that the IK get improved ?

Animamtion is a big part of our company and Daz could be of great help but this "wicked" IK is a p.. in the ... :-)

Otherwise I am looking further to download the brand new DS 4.5, faster, easier and funnier ;-)

All the best from Marseille,

edited December 1969

@nabou: best to leave the downloads on the server and wait for DAZ to fix them. Remember you can reset your downloads a few days or weeks from now. I find it perplexing that they leave unstomped a known bug that affects all of their products.

@vatka: hmm, but what would you like to see exactly, regarding IK?

• TralenTralen Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:

I, for one, would like to see an independent IK system for each member with a regular pole vector and with the end effectors outside of the hip hierarchy. I really tried to use the rig provided, but is less pain to simply re-rig everything in XSI.

• mtlegacymtlegacy Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Hello everybody,

Regarding IK, I would like, when I pin the feet of Michael or Victoria or anyone from the daz familly, that the feet stay in place :)
    Unfortunately I must use dummies or tricks to hide this problem of "moving" feet or hands. It would help a lot to make perfect animation that these IK really work ;)

I am really wondering if it is technically possible... I saw this working in POSER but I am kind of allergic to it (no harm meant, I have trouble to use it). I use Daz for 5 years now and I am really happy about its development but now that I am making some professional animation it turns into a nightmare :(

All the best from Provence

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

I started using 4.5 recently, and decided to upgrade from Gen 4 to Genesis. Today I purchased the Generation X product to start using my old content with Genesis. The plug-in would not work, it would not even load. Came here and saw the note about plug-ins not working wit 4.5. Is that simply a problem with the RC, or will it also be an issue with the final 4.5? Seems really weird that my new $30+ product would already be obsolete...can someone please clarify this issue for me?

Thanks!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:
    I started using 4.5 recently, and decided to upgrade from Gen 4 to Genesis. Today I purchased the Generation X product to start using my old content with Genesis. The plug-in would not work, it would not even load. Came here and saw the note about plug-ins not working wit 4.5. Is that simply a problem with the RC, or will it also be an issue with the final 4.5? Seems really weird that my new $30+ product would already be obsolete...can someone please clarify this issue for me?

Thanks!

It's because 4.5 and the SDK are release candidates. Once they are official plugins can be updated.

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:

Thanks!

It's because 4.5 and the SDK are release candidates. Once they are official plugins can be updated.

Great, thats what I was hoping, just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

edited July 2012

Tralen said:
    ReDave said:

I, for one, would like to see an independent IK system for each member with a regular pole vector and with the end effectors outside of the hip hierarchy. I really tried to use the rig provided, but is less pain to simply re-rig everything in XSI. You can ask for that in the bug tracker. Make an account at bugs.daz3d.com and as Severity select "feature".

Post edited by ReDave on
    edited July 2012

Waaaah, I've had my first C++ Runtime crash in a very loooong time. I was using 500 instances for 6 clumps of Linda's tall grass to see if I could make some grassy landscape. :-( I think POV Ray manages quite a bit more than that, I'll have to check.
    I was using UE2, Vista Win32, 4GB RAM.

Post edited by ReDave on
  • MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited July 2012

Yesterday, and today... after 4 restarts yesterday - and 2 today... I've closed Daz Studio 4.5 Pro version 0.49 - until I can get another update. I can't control the scene. I can't turn it using the tube or the small icons to move it about. Every time I tried, it would move Genesis and distort the model - or whichever model was in the scene.

It's doing it so often and so bad, that I've given up now on my July contest entry. As well my other projects, I hope this is resolved VERY QUICKLY - because if not, I'm definitely going to have to roll back to 4.0 or just use my old 3 advanced - only problem there, I can't use Genesis... sooo hope a fix is coming soon.

Last... where is the bug report link?

Post edited by MKeyes on
  • JesterVIIJesterVII Posts: 175
    edited December 1969

Ok when my wife opens her Daz4 after she downloads an item with metadata she gets a prompt to "load/map" said metadata. when I install same said item I do not get that prompt. And the only metadata/smart content that works for me is the base stuff that was pre-loaded. Am I missing something?

edited December 1969

JesterVII said:
    Ok when my wife opens her Daz4 after she downloads an item with metadata she gets a prompt to "load/map" said metadata. when I install same said item I do not get that prompt. And the only metadata/smart content that works for me is the base stuff that was pre-loaded. Am I missing something?

It sounds like at some point you may have clicked the "Don't show this message again" box. In DS 4.5 you can reactivate it; for the one's that've been skipped, go to Content Library options menu and choose "DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata"

• JesterVIIJesterVII Posts: 175
    edited December 1969

JesterVII said:

It sounds like at some point you may have clicked the "Don't show this message again" box. In DS 4.5 you can reactivate it; for the one's that've been skipped, go to Content Library options menu and choose "DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata"

Thank you that helped bunches. Now next question; Is there a way (other than saving as a scene) to save person say Genesis fully clothed so I can make several different versions or styles then load them all in together at a later date?

edited December 1969

In DS 4.0 save as .daz scene, in 4.5 I think .duf is better.

edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    You can ask for that in the bug tracker. Make an account at bugs.daz3d.com and as Severity select "feature".

Thanks for the tip, I've made the request.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

I just noticed this in the change log for one of the recent (unreleased) builds:

Update 3Delight render engine to 10.0.50; see 3Delight Change Log notes between 9.0.123 and 10.0.50 for more details

That's the current version of the engine, so that's kind of exciting

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:
    Yesterday, and today... after 4 restarts yesterday - and 2 today... I've closed Daz Studio 4.5 Pro version 0.49 - until I can get another update. I can't control the scene. I can't turn it using the tube or the small icons to move it about. Every time I tried, it would move Genesis and distort the model - or whichever model was in the scene.

It's doing it so often and so bad, that I've given up now on my July contest entry. As well my other projects, I hope this is resolved VERY QUICKLY - because if not, I'm definitely going to have to roll back to 4.0 or just use my old 3 advanced - only problem there, I can't use Genesis... sooo hope a fix is coming soon.

Last... where is the bug report link?

Here's the bug link: https://bugs.daz3d.com/

I don't have the same problems you seem to have. I've got other minor ones, mainly with how GenX doesn't seem to work with 4.5 right now. I wish these betas wouldn't install over my existing install. I like the new file format and have used 4.5 quite a bit but I hate how I don't have full functionality because it's a beta. Grrr....

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited July 2012

Two steps forward three steps back.

Stuff seems to be loading much faster in 4.5 r2 that is a big plus.

But

within seconds of trying some of the content I have purchased in the last two months (which I have been waiting to use because nothing has really worked yet)

The supersuit Fur no longer works for me (before it worked in render but I could not save...)

Unshaven - when I select the beard base the presets under smart content come up as various materials from throughout my runtime and cameras and lights.

If I have to spend HOURS searching for all my paid content what's the point? I can build my own better textures in the HOURS I spend searching through "smart" content.

EDIT - Actually now it seems that none of the materials in the supersuit are loading properly.

OK now it's just messing with me. After loading a few different materials - just to see which ones work and which ones don't - it suddenly rendered properly with fur! so bizarre.

Post edited by namrettek on
  • namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

It seems my initial complaints were just weird fleeting bugs.

After various restarts and loading of textures now the supersuit textures seem to work again. I also saved a file with fur, restarted, and reloaded properly.

The instances looks like it works, but it is kind of pointless to have instances without somwe way of easily distributing them - is there a grid / random distributer somewhere in DS4.5?

The layout is quite nice. The speed of loading genesis is vastly improved. The posing even seems better (moving arms and legs into place really works nicely).

Barb_plants2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 525K
    edited July 2012

Just a note of a bug when installing. When I installed the decimator plugin while updating to RC2, it asked me to uninstall the previous version to which I said yes, but it went on and uninstalled the Dynamic Clothing Control plugin instead. No harm done since I was going to reinstall it anyway.

Edit: some harm was done. When updating GoZ, it uninstalled Decimator after I had installed it, and the last plugin (Mimic Live I guess) couldn't even find the previous installation, which makes me believe something else uninstalled it, what a mess.

Post edited by Tralen on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited July 2012

I've been tinkering with the point-based occlusion script (it's awesome, thanks guys!!), and there's something I can't wrap my head around... I render the same scene with the same settings (shading rate 0.5, pixel samples 6), with and without PBO script. It looks to me like there's some increasing of light intensity going on in the PBO script (or an extra light being added??), but I can't figure out where it comes from.

Here's a PBO script result and a basic two-light render (DSMs). I had to dial the Light Intensity down to 75% and Intensity scale to 0.5 to make the scripted render look more like the basic one... Is it intended to work this way?

It also looks like every time I save a render when it's done, the render settings in the scripted 3delight panel revert to defaults.

PS I changed the fullSceneCameraProject to cameraProject for the point cloud camera, otherwise the AO was very crude even with cloud shading rate down to 0.1

RenderEdit_Image_dsm.jpg
    800 x 632 - 146K
    RenderEdit_Image_pbo.jpg
    800 x 632 - 161K
    Post edited by Mustakettu85 on
  • Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Any update on whether GenX will get an update soon to work with 4.5?

Also, any idea on timelines as to when 4.5 will be rolled out as a final version?

• chsmo69chsmo69 Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

SmallFry said:
    Any update on whether GenX will get an update soon to work with 4.5?

Also, any idea on timelines as to when 4.5 will be rolled out as a final version?

I know that Dimension3D is WISELY waiting for the RC version to be released as an official version. As long as 4.5 is a Release Candidate, working on the plugin is a waste of time... inevitable changes coming in the next release could trash his updates in GenX.

However...

I'm very curious to know how the new file formats will affect GenX and whether or not it will create new headaches for Dimension3D when adapting the plugin.

I've been slowly grasping the inner workings of .DUF and the new formats and still have much to learn, but the more I learn, the more worried I become that GenX ** might ** not work with Studio 4.5 at all.

** I say "might" because like I said, I don't fully understand the new format. My fears are based on the fact that .DUF is not script based. It's code and is applied to the daz scene or characters in a way completely different than the "deprecated" formats. Does anybody know how this will affect a plugin such as GenX?

Also, while on this topic, I hope and urge the people at DAZ to keep the ability to save presets (pose and character, etc) in a deprecated format. I've had problems converting old characters over into 4.5 and the only thing that saved my butt was saving as a Deprecated character preset and editing it within NotePad.

If you took that feature away and left us no way to edit a Daz file, it would create more headaches down the road.