long, straight hair

Having a hard time finding long straight hair with no/minimal waves/ruffles, combed straight back, like in the attached photo. Primarily work with G3F, but generation doesn't really matter. Figure I can tweak it to make it work.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

This one maybe? https://www.daz3d.com/alice-wet-and-dry-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

Or this one, using morphs as in first additional pic and a non-wet hair shader: https://www.daz3d.com/drop-wet-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

I think the alice hair looks better because it goes behind the ear, unlike drop wet hair (attached).

My fav is https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females. So natural, and it would be fun to try to make a morph for it without a part.

hairb1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • I had a real hard time making the dforce hair work when there was other dforce stuff to simulate as well in the scene just as a warning.

• mclaughmclaugh Posts: 221

Thanks for the suggestions. I already have both the alice and the drop wet hair. The alice hair is closer to the look I'm after, but the crown is a bit too tall (to my eye) to be realistic and it doesn't quite drape correctly. (What do you mean, OCD? Moi?)

Classic long hair looks interesting, but at 5 min for the simulation on a 1080Ti, I'll probably be dead before it finishs on my (10 year old Core2 duo) laptop. surprisesurprisecrying

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677
    mclaugh said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I already have both the alice and the drop wet hair. The alice hair is closer to the look I'm after, but the crown is a bit too tall (to my eye) to be realistic and it doesn't quite drape correctly. (What do you mean, OCD? Moi?)

Classic long hair looks interesting, but at 5 min for the simulation on a 1080Ti, I'll probably be dead before it finishs on my (10 year old Core2 duo) laptop. surprisesurprisecrying

Have you tried using dFormer to take the pouf out of the top. I had a problem with Georgia Hair's top pouf (even with limits disabled on the flatten morph), and the initially unwieldy dFormer tamed the unruly wave. Duplicate a copy of the hair before you start working.

• mclaughmclaugh Posts: 221
    xyer0 said:
    Have you tried using dFormer to take the pouf out of the top. I had a problem with Georgia Hair's top pouf (even with limits disabled on the flatten morph), and the initially unwieldy dFormer tamed the unruly wave. Duplicate a copy of the hair before you start working.

Haven't worked much with dformers so I hadn't thought of that. Thanks! I'll give it a go.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137

I had a real hard time making the dforce hair work when there was other dforce stuff to simulate as well in the scene just as a warning.

The video instructions that come with the Bang Bob hair tell you how to deal with that. dForce the other stuff first and freeze Simulation.
  • mclaugh said:

Dformers aren't hard to use.  They just take some time to position where you want them.  Start by adding a Dformer to the hair.  Then, select the "field" and start moving and scaling it via transforms to get it about where the reddest portion covers most of the crown.  Then select the actual Dformer parented to the base and use the transforms to lower the crown.  If it is affecting the rest of the hair too much, go back to the field and start modifying the scale and or position.  Once you've got it all looking like you want, go back to the Dformer menu and save your new morph...something like Alice Hair Low Crown.  From that point on, you'll be able to morph the crown anytime you use the Alice hair.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I had a real hard time making the dforce hair work when there was other dforce stuff to simulate as well in the scene just as a warning.

Most helpful suggestion I can make, is make anything you don't want in the simulation invisible to dforce; just simulate one item at a time and freeze it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

..so many items are "rebooted" with new Genesis chaacters, surprised Filosofy hair wasn't   Sadlty the original product has been discontinued.

Attached in a pic I used it in long ago.

the welcoming committee.jpg
    872 x 644 - 422K