problem of lights

I have just bought this product.

https://www.daz3d.com/village-bedroom

The rendering in both iray and 3delight is all black. Can someone help me?

Thank you

Comments

• you see it like that

Schermata 2019-02-11 alle 18.03.59.png
    873 x 912 - 299K
  • How does it look in 3Delight, which is the egine it was made for? In Iray it may take some work, a lot of that artist's work used custom sahdrs which won't auto-convert to Iray, and you would need to add some lights too.

• dannagiusy64dannagiusy64 Posts: 425
    edited February 2019

it thus appears in both iray and 3delight. I do not understand 

How does it look in 3Delight, which is the egine it was made for? In Iray it may take some work, a lot of that artist's work used custom sahdrs which won't auto-convert to Iray, and you would need to add some lights too.

Post edited by dannagiusy64 on
  • Exactly, including the noise? Or just dark in both?

• I just loaded Bedroom_Advanced and hit render, it is working in 3Delight looking through the Default Camera, albeit with a conspicuous lack of sahdows. In Iray, with the Environment Mode set to Scene Only it is very dark and I suspect would work poorly even with Tone mapping adjusted given the palcement of the lights, though it does work with Dome enabled. Here is the 3delight render I get:

VillageBedroom 3Delight.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 918K
  •  So it's horrible. I restarted Daz and it also came to me like that. I insist with iray and I try to put lights to create a suffused environment. I do not know if there is an additional component for the lights

I just loaded Bedroom_Advanced and hit render, it is working in 3Delight looking through the Default Camera, albeit with a conspicuous lack of sahdows. In Iray, with the Environment Mode set to Scene Only it is very dark and I suspect would work poorly even with Tone mapping adjusted given the palcement of the lights, though it does work with Dome enabled. Here is the 3delight render I get:

• A quickie in Iray (well, relatively - twenty minutes to reach 76% complete on my 750Ti) - I added a 5000 Lumen Distant Light shinging in through the window and two 3000 lumen, 4000K point lights with the shape set to a 5cm sphere aligned with the lanterns (Align pane, select first the lantern the the point light and choose centre for all axes, then adjust) - Scene only, Tone Mapping was set to Exposure 7 - oh, and I turned the Ceiling prop back on.

It would have been faster with some additional lights (perhaps ghost lights - planes with emissive shaders and a very low Cutout Opacity) then Tone Mapping adjusted to keep the desired balance of light and shade.

VillageBedroom Iray.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 680K
  • Thank you. I still have to understand a lot about the daz3D program ... 

A quickie in Iray (well, relatively - twenty minutes to reach 76% complete on my 750Ti) - I added a 5000 Lumen Distant Light shinging in through the window and two 3000 lumen, 4000K point lights with the shape set to a 5cm sphere aligned with the lanterns (Align pane, select first the lantern the the point light and choose centre for all axes, then adjust) - Scene only, Tone Mapping was set to Exposure 7 - oh, and I turned the Ceiling prop back on.

It would have been faster with some additional lights (perhaps ghost lights - planes with emissive shaders and a very low Cutout Opacity) then Tone Mapping adjusted to keep the desired balance of light and shade.