Keep getting logged out from DAZ

I constantly Keep getting logged out from DAZ homepage with every click i make - and it ONLY happens with 
Daz Website. I work with websites myself and and i know its a setting. 

So when i try to buy something i am logged out and i dont bother and go to another site.

So either you change Web master or ask your present one to chek the settings..

This happens with what ever browser i use... .

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2019

clear your cache and cookies,  close the browser to make sure the clearance takes completely.   Go to the Home Page for Daz 3d.  Check to see whether you are logged in there, by checking the little man icon in the top right corner, next to the shopping cart.  If it should say that you are logged in (ie be blue in colour) then log out.    Now log in again and click the button to keep you logged in.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • InkuboInkubo Posts: 734

I think something's wrong with DAZ's site or cookies. I always check "keep me logged in," but it seems to work only for about two hours at a time. If I check back for sales and Fast Grabs several times a day, I have to log in again on about half my attempts. (Which is still way better than My 3D Spin's experience, to be sure.) This is a problem with any browser, on iPhone, Mac, or Windows. "Keep me logged in" hasn't worked right for several months now.

• jake_fjake_f Posts: 226
    edited February 2019
    Inkubo said:

I think something's wrong with DAZ's site or cookies.

Yes.  Something is wrong on Daz's end.  I get logged out every time I visit the forum.  Not a big deal, and I'm not complaining about it, but...

Trying to tell users what they should do is the wrong approach.  We all know it's broken, and we all know only the webmaster can fix it.  We aren't helping Daz3D reach their goals by adapting to a broken interface.  Here's what would be more helpful...

The mods might start a thread called something like "Getting Logged Out Of Daz Site".

And then every time any of us get logged out of any part of the site we post in that thread.  Before long the thread will be 29,357 pages long and always at the top of the thread listings, and then the webmaster will fix this.

See my sig for further details.  smiley

Post edited by jake_f on

There are 2 different softwares on the Daz 3d site.  One runs the forums and one runs the rest.  If you log in on the front page then both log ins are synchronised.  You need to go to the front page,  log out on that page  and then log in again, to make sure that you are fully logged in.

• I have a product in my cart - But every time i go there to buy it i get logged out. Maybe they are not so keen on business
    to ignore the login problem. No worries - Other sites also have great stuff to sell!

• My 3D SpinMy 3D Spin Posts: 600
    edited February 2019
    Chohole said:

clear your cache and cookies,  close the browser to make sure the clearance takes completely.   Go to the Home Page for Daz 3d.  Check to see whether you are logged in there, by checking the little man icon in the top right corner, next to the shopping cart.  If it should say that you are logged in (ie be blue in colour) then log out.    Now log in again and click the button to keep you logged in.

Why dont i have to do these things with 50 other sites if its my browser that is fawlty. Can you please explain that to me?????

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited February 2019

You clear cache and cookies to ensure that you start with no problems stored in your system.   That is why I often recommend it when you have been having problems.    Have you ever checked just how much trash is being left on your computer from each site you visit.   and cookies can go bad.   If you are au fait with clearing specific cookies,  then just do that.  I personally prefer to clear cache as well.  I have my computer set to clear cookies every time I close down. OK it does mean that I have to sign in again every morning, but I am then set up for the day.

The main thing which causes the logging out problem is not having the two parts of the site synchronised.  Which is why I say always log in on the Daz Home page  as on that page you will logged into both softwares simultaneopusly, thus synchronising both parts of the site. However to insure that this is happening you need to first log out,  on the Home page, and preferably clear the cache to clean you computer up.  It is not mandatory, but if you do things to help your computer work right it makes things easier for you.

There has to be a reason why a small percentage of site users have problems. And because it is such a small percentage it is unlikely to be caused by Daz.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited February 2019
    Chohole said:

You clear cache and cookies to ensure that you start with no problems stored in your system.   That is why I often recommend it when you have been having problems.    Have you ever checked just how much trash is being left on your computer from each site you visit.   and cookies can go bad.   If you are au fait with clearing specific cookies,  then just do that.  I personally prefer to clear cache as well.  I have my computer set to clear cookies every time I close down. OK it does mean that I have to sign in again every morning, but I am then set up for the day.

The main thing which causes the logging out problem is not having the two parts of the site synchronised.  Which is why I say always log in on the Daz Home page  as on that page you will logged into both softwares simultaneopusly, thus synchronising both parts of the site. However to insure that this is happening you need to first log out,  on the Home page, and preferably clear the cache to clean you computer up.  It is not mandatory, but if you do things to help your computer work right it makes things easier for you.

There has to be a reason why a small percentage of site users have problems. And because it is such a small percentage it is unlikely to be caused by Daz.

Ok. So why does this only happen to DAZ Studio? Whar are alla other sites that let you stay logged in do wrong?

I have already tried to do what you explained but the problem still comes back!

• ok so not just me.

so far, I've cleared all daz cookies and other associated browser files. (and I mean ALL).

no effect.

going to the main page as directed (thats my bookmark) and it shows I'm logged in, goto forums... and I'm logged out and have to log in again - at the main page where I started off from. 

taken to just logging off anyway when I come here then logging back in again. it's gonna happen anyway. (this is on windows 10, Latest Chrome, no special security setup)

edited February 2019

ok so not just me.

so far, I've cleared all daz cookies and other associated browser files. (and I mean ALL).

no effect.

going to the main page as directed (thats my bookmark) and it shows I'm logged in, goto forums... and I'm logged out and have to log in again - at the main page where I started off from. 

taken to just logging off anyway when I come here then logging back in again. it's gonna happen anyway. (this is on windows 10, Latest Chrome, no special security setup)

Comon DAZ: Take this serious. YOU have a BIG problem to solve - That probably is a small problem....

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Yeah, I did this yesterday - cleared cache and cookies, etc, etc (for the umpteenth time). This morning? Logged out again. And this afternoon? Logged out again.

With me, the site has settled into a routine. Approximately every 36 - 48 hours it logs me out and I have to go through the whole login again.

I don't want to disrespect Chohole, whose advice is definitely worth trying, but after years of this, I can only conclude there's a problem with the site, and that nothing I do ever fixes it. And it's the only site I know of where this happens on a regular basis.

Chohole said:

As was commented above, the vast majority of internet web sites have no such problems with logins.  I know you sincerely feel you are defending Daz by shifting blame to users, and your good intentions are noted.  But what you're really doing is rationalizing mediocrity, which in the end doesn't help Daz3D reach it's goals.

A better approach would be for Daz staff to simply admit that this is a Daz problem, and for we users to admit it's not really that big of a problem, and then add the issue to the to-do list.

• The thing is, it doesn't happen to everyone - and other people may well be having issues with other sites (I rarely have issues here, but I can't log in to my Pinterest account in Firefox, for example).

• nope not here. every other site I use behaves normally - eg Rendo and Sketchucation forums I've not had to relogin for about 4 years. 

edited February 2019

They are speculating that our router firewalls can interfere with CloudFlare DDOS protection and content caching.

One of the glories of the Internutz is that everything can always be blamed on somebody else.  In fact Sylvie, I'm almost positive that your router firewall made me submit this silly post.   I mean, it must be you, who else could it be???  smiley

Post edited by jake_f on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    jake_f said:

They are speculating that our router firewalls can interfere with CloudFlare DDOS protection and content caching.

One of the glories of the Internutz is that everything can always be blamed on somebody else.  In fact Sylvie, I'm almost positive that your router firewall made me submit this silly post.   I mean, it must be you, who else could it be???  smiley

Reason would dictate that if everyone is not experiencing the same issue it is not a global one. For the record it happens to me on occasion, but it doesn't affect my shopping or accessing pages like some others. Maybe DAZ doesn't know how to fix it, maybe it is somthing only Cloudfare can fix, all we can do is report it and hope for the best..

I've noticed that once I log in the forum software makes me type long winded complainer posts which make me look like a whiny little bitch.  I don't mind having to login, but c'mon, this assault on my reputation is wearing thin.  Fix your software Daz!!

If you want to talk directly to Daz then you need to file a help ticket.  At the moment you are only... umm addressing the forum members. Even Forum Moderators are only forum members who have volunteered.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

I keep getting logged out every day, sometimes two or three times, no matter which browser I use. It’s been going on for so long now that I just log in again and carry on.

• The thing is, it doesn't happen to everyone - and other people may well be having issues with other sites (I rarely have issues here, but I can't log in to my Pinterest account in Firefox, for example).

I'm told that if you access using different IPs, as for example work vs home where they have different ISPs or either vs a cellular network, then that can lead to the system asking for a fresh log-in in case it's a misappropriation of your account.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited February 2019

The thing is, it doesn't happen to everyone - and other people may well be having issues with other sites (I rarely have issues here, but I can't log in to my Pinterest account in Firefox, for example).

I'm told that if you access using different IPs, as for example work vs home where they have different ISPs or either vs a cellular network, then that can lead to the system asking for a fresh log-in in case it's a misappropriation of your account.

I believe this is exactly the source of my problem. I have two methods of access: a router (which almost always remembers me) and a mobile dongle that unfortunately drops the signal and disconnects if I don't do another interaction for more than a minute of two (e.g. reading a complex forum thread or reading all the details for a new product) - this ALWAYS forgets me. I think it assigns a slightly different IP address each time it reconnects.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MelanieL said:

The thing is, it doesn't happen to everyone - and other people may well be having issues with other sites (I rarely have issues here, but I can't log in to my Pinterest account in Firefox, for example).

I believe this is exactly the source of my problem. I have two methods of access: a router (which almost always remembers me) and a mobile dongle that unfortunately drops the signal and disconnects if I don't do another interaction for more than a minute of two (e.g. reading a complex forum thread or reading all the details for a new product) - this ALWAYS forgets me. I think it assigns a slightly different IP address each time it reconnects.

I was under the impression that slightly different should be OK, but that may have been a misunderstanding on my part.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    MelanieL said:

I was under the impression that slightly different should be OK, but that may have been a misunderstanding on my part.

You may be right, Richard. I'm on the mobile dongle now so I just ran an experiment. I looked at my IP address, disconnnected, reconnected and got a completely different one (three of the four component parts differed). Shortly after I got a signal drop, reconnected again and my third IP address has all four components different). I've no idea how my ISP assigns these things, but it's definitely not "slightly" different.

edited February 2019

I use the same Internet connection and IP all the time so that is not the problem-The problem is what settings DAZ uses!

• And yet I have the same IP every time and I keep getting logged out after a while.

Does any of you use any browser extensions by any chance?

I use the same Internet connection and IP all the time so that is not the problem-The problem is what settings DAZ uses!

That was one possible factor, theremay well be others. But again, not everyone sees this issue so it can't simply be the way the site iss et-up - there must be some additional variable at play.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    maclean said:

Yeah, I did this yesterday - cleared cache and cookies, etc, etc (for the umpteenth time). This morning? Logged out again. And this afternoon? Logged out again.

With me, the site has settled into a routine. Approximately every 36 - 48 hours it logs me out and I have to go through the whole login again.

I don't want to disrespect Chohole, whose advice is definitely worth trying, but after years of this, I can only conclude there's a problem with the site, and that nothing I do ever fixes it. And it's the only site I know of where this happens on a regular basis.

@Chohole

I owe you a large apology. As I wrote above, I did get logged out twice after clearing cache and cookies. However, since then, I haven't been logged out at all, so something did change. I'm not sure why, because it isn't the first time I've tried this, but who knows?

Anyway, that was 5 days ago, and I've visited the site 2-3 times a day since then with no issues. I'm now hopeful my login woes are over, at least for a while.

So again, sorry I jumped the gun, Chohole. Your method seems to have worked.

• ooofestooofest Posts: 36

It's happened to me for at least the past year, but I feel as if it may have been longer.  I travel across numerous sites on a weekly basis - 3D, animation, social media, etc. - and daz3d.com is the only site which consistently logs me out on a regular basis without warning.

Most banking/financial sites I use will at least warn me that my session is about to expire + offer an opportunity to extend the session.  And, those are the only sites I visit which maintain time-sensitive sessions.

This always occurs when newly visiting or refreshing a page at this site (forum or store) and that the "identity" icon at the top right of the page will initially show a checkmark (denoting that I am logged in) but then the page will refresh and essentially log me out in a split second after the new page load.

The timing of when this occurs is variable and I will more keenly observe these symptoms (given that I am apparently not alone), though I believe they always occur within a 24 hour period.

The amount of viewers and comments to this thread shows there is a problem with DAZ but nothing changes...Good for DAZ!