for Chochole et al.....

edited December 1969 in New Users

Are all the old Freepository stickies gone for good then - or will there be updated new ones?

Unless you have the time to check in every day, odd freebie links will get lost as the pages increase; it will be OK whilst there are not many pages but once they build [which won't take long] I don't believe people will search for specific item links amongst a large variety of freebies - takes too much time. Especially if it Freepository will not be categorized as previously and everything is lumped in the one General Freepository.

I just wish I had downloaded more of the old stickies even if some links were out dated :-(
I was bedazzled before as a newbie but always felt comfortable - now I just feel completely lost and awash in a rather cold and sterile environment

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You may notice I am updating the Compilation of freebies list, as and wehn I can. I have a backup of the old lists, but need to check and/or edit quite a few links before I repost them.

• edited December 1969

Somewhere I have lost my way and the thread I posted in re Freepository Freebie lists......
    [sigh old age is a curse!]
    I just wanted to say I understand the confines of those who volunteer to do updates
    and add things for those of us who don't know how and am eternally grateful - no
    criticism was intended. I just wanted to Chocohole know :-)

edited December 1969

Sorry about that, the main thread had run it's course, and was in the wrong forum, so I have moved it, and split your query into it's own thread. Hope you can find it now. :)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    You may notice I am updating the Compilation of freebies list, as and wehn I can. I have a backup of the old lists, but need to check and/or edit quite a few links before I repost them.

I can help check out links, Chohole.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited May 2012

Anne, that is a wonderful offer. I will get back to you on that one. THe worst things is having to add the "archive" bit to all the Daz3D links, where the link is back to a thread in the old forums.

On some lists, it does mean checking for defunct links, as some of them are quite old.

BTW, do you have MS office, as my lists are saved as MS word docs.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Anne, that is a wonderful offer. I will get back to you on that one. THe worst things is having to add the "archive" bit to all the Daz3D links, where the link is back to a thread in the old forums.

Find & replace? At least that way you won't have to do it by hand. I'm not sure how well that works with links in Word, because gods preserve me, I try to stay as far from Word as possible...

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited May 2012

chohole said:

On some lists, it does mean checking for defunct links, as some of them are quite old.

BTW, do you have MS office, as my lists are saved as MS word docs.

I use Libre Office which will handle MS word docs. No real day-job, so I've got lots of time available.
    Since they are downloadable HTMLs, I should be able to use HTML-Kit on them.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    Post edited by atticanne on