Carrara 8.5 and autofit

2»

Comments

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited September 2013

I installed the latest DAZ Studio beta and CMS, then loaded Genesis once in DAZ Studio. Now the garment types show up in Carrara.

Results of retesting autofits with the appropriate templates: most items show little or no improvement while some are considerably worse.

In general it's apparently worthwhile to always try both with and without templates when autofitting, because in some cases the templates seem to cause considerable damage.

Post edited by araneldon on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223
    edited September 2013

I'm fairly certain that you don't need Daz Studio - I found cms in the DIM1 folder.

EDIT:
    Sorry... I now remember reporting that I needed to run through the process in DS to get it working...
    Hmmmm...

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

Oh... btw,
    Thank you for the fix, Kakman!!!

You are very welcome - it was nice to lend YOU a hand for a change!

Now I owe You!

Not by a LONGSHOT! But thanks.

• kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

I am glad that we found that the root of this problem was to have the CMS installed AND running.

However, I am still hoping to hear from DAZ as to why the CMS must be running for the Auto Fit to work (and as I reported previously – for some pose presets to work) in Carrara – NOT Studio, particularly in light of the fact that DAZ has made statements to the contrary.

I have concerns that this issue could be representative of other undiscovered problems.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited September 2013

thanks araneldon, Dart Kakman at al, I am lurking and watching :)

From what I can understand you are saying - autofit works in Daz Studio but not so much in carrara?

If this is the case....

Question: do you think Daz will bother to do a bug fix update - assuming these are bugs?

Or will they issue a step by step manual telling you how to do a work around.

I read a post on another forum suggesting that DAZ leaves bugs in so they can sell you work arounds (eg an update) - but I can't see how this would be ethical.

Post edited by Headwax on
  • araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited September 2013

head wax said:
    From what I can understand you are saying - autofit works in Daz Studio but not so much in carrara?

If memory serves, in terms of pokethrough and such autofit might not be any better in DAZ Studio, I haven't used it recently. As I said before, pokethrough is pretty much inevitable with these sorts of conversions and especially with automatically generated morphs.

So my main point here is not so much that we have pokethrough, but we need the ability to edit autofitted content with the vertex modeling tools to fix these problems. DAZ said many times during beta that this is what we're supposed to do, and right now it's not possible.

Post edited by araneldon on