is hex + daz your workflow

Just wonderin'

I see it as cool ecosystem "made in hexagon, then render in daz with iRay/3dl)"

...but also there are people who would instead go octane, corona, redshift, keyshot, cycles, marmoset, vray, arnold, mantra, maxwell etc. as renderer instead

...and i also forgot that between model and render, texturing might be done with substance designer/painter etc etc (and i dont mention sculpting in zbrush for baking normal maps if needed)

but anyway i'm just interested which folks have which pipeline if they use hex

Comments

• Personally I use Hexagon to model and DAZ Studio (with Iray) to render. For textures and maps I use Paintshop Pro (I just updated to 2019), there's a few plug-ins which I have for it which come in handy - Nvidia  normal map filter, NIC collection and Filter Forge. 

To UV map I use UVmapper Pro. When needed I have BlackSmith3D Paint to remove any seams.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Hexagon -> Ultimate Unwrap 3D -> GIMP -> Daz Studio

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

I forgot about UV things! I remember now UVLayout... Havent heard of Ultimate Unwrap before.. thanks

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

I use Hexagon in combination with Carrara. Even though Carrara has its own modeler, Hexagon has some features that Carrara doesn't.

• akmerlow said:

but anyway i'm just interested which folks have which pipeline if they use hex

I go Hexagon, Carrara, 3d-Coat. Then to either Vue or Modo for render.

• At the moment I use hexagon for meshes, 3D-coat for texturing, and Daz for rendering.