Poser 11.1.1 update to be released 20190103

3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
edited December 2018 in Poser Discussion
From the devlog in the other forum. "Without further delay I'm happy to announce a forthcoming free upgrade (maintenance release) of Poser 11.1 Poser 11.1.1 Revision 35500 We're ready to launch Poser 11.1.1 ! Except, it's the Holidays and people are on vacation. To increase the likelihood of a smooth release, we've decided to delay until everyone else is back from vacation. This version is slated to be released on January 3rd, 2019. It is the culmination of the efforts of multiple teams and developers over a course of 9 months in 2018. In 11.1.1 we have a number of stability fixes (about three dozen) and a few enhancements to existing features. This should improve the situation for people who are experiencing difficulties. We also want you to realize that we do listen, and we are trying our best to support you, our users! One major change is the removal of Flash support. We've also fixed a number of UI glitches and Render Settings. For the user who complained about the units issue with 3D Paths: this enhancement will not be a part of 11.1.1, however it has already been addressed in an upcoming version."
Post edited by 3drendero on

Comments

• 3drendero said:
    From the devlog in the other forum. "Without further delay I'm happy to announce a forthcoming free upgrade (maintenance release) of Poser 11.1 Poser 11.1.1 Revision 35500 We're ready to launch Poser 11.1.1 ! Except, it's the Holidays and people are on vacation. To increase the likelihood of a smooth release, we've decided to delay until everyone else is back from vacation. This version is slated to be released on January 3rd, 2019. It is the culmination of the efforts of multiple teams and developers over a course of 9 months in 2018. In 11.1.1 we have a number of stability fixes (about three dozen) and a few enhancements to existing features. This should improve the situation for people who are experiencing difficulties. We also want you to realize that we do listen, and we are trying our best to support you, our users! One major change is the removal of Flash support. We've also fixed a number of UI glitches and Render Settings. For the user who complained about the units issue with 3D Paths: this enhancement will not be a part of 11.1.1, however it has already been addressed in an upcoming version."

I hope I can get it because my content updater decided to stop working
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    They mentioned previously that the update software will be replaced by a new web site instead. Not sure when though.
    Updated post in the other forum: Some users have expressed interest in the release notes as a preview of what's coming. To be clear, we'll be releasing 11.1.1 on the Download Manager on January 3rd, 2019. Please note that some of the "three dozen" fixes were condensed into a single line item, but may have involved multiple fixes. Here is the release notes that will come with it: Poser 11.1.1 Enhancements and Fixes by Category General • Removed Facebook sharing. • “Drop to Floor” in Setup Room is no longer disabled. • User is now alerted of an error when trying to delete a camera in Python scripting. • Removed the “Reopen Folders Toggle” option from the content Library tab. • Improved visibility of time range text boxes in the Make Movie window. • Right click context menu of an object now only shows “Conform To…” command when relevant. • ImportOptions now constructs proper options for Weld Groups. • Implemented a new camera property to convert camera orbit values between the limits of -360, 360. • Altered the Render and Movie Settings window. • The Load Preset is disabled if FireFly or SuperFly have no presets in the User or App preset folder. • The Delete preset is dsabled if FireFly or Superfly have no Presets in the user preset folder. • Hovering over the Load Preset, Delete Preset, and Render Dimensions now produce a help text tag. • Removed “Send Render To” button • When a light in the Light Control widget is selected it can now be deleted with the DELETE key. • Red circle in the setup room can now be removed via Display -> Figure Circle Content • Content Updater now provides Paulina/Paul 2. Queue Manager (Pro Only) • The correct Queue Manager Node installer is now available via Download Manager • Queue Manager now properly invokes FFRender Bug Fixes • Poser no longer crashes when using Auto Generate Colors button in Flash Export option. when making custom color quantizations. • Poser no longer crashes when changing to Preview Rendering when auto-generating colors for the Flash Options Dialog. • Poser no longer crashes when “DeleteAllLights” is used. • Prop name now properly displays on the Parameter Dials. • 3D Path Palette is now shown in the German and Japanese version. • Poser no longer crashes when Optimize Simple Materials is turned on. • Fixed defect in 3D Paths “second path” not working properly when copy/pasted. • Fixed defect where 3D path stays selected and blocks the use of keyboard shortcut to toggle the scene.
    Update seems to be delayed...
  • I was able to update to 09 jan today (Japan time).

Please update Smith Micro Download Manager. It is free, but you need to settle it in the cart.

https://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-11-updates.html

Yes. The update is now online. "Poser 11.1.1 has been released."
  • All I see is a Poser Pro update not Poser 11 or am I missing something?

Smith Micro Download Manager should show 11.1 updates if the serial is correct when you start it.