making one side look the the other side

dholmdholm Posts: 115
edited December 1969 in New Users

I want to be able to make Gen 2's right arm hand ect.. Look like left arm hand ect.. Is there a simple way to do this?

Also when I do want to make hands, feet, toes ect. look the same on both sides is there an easy way to do this?

Also I have trouble turning her head 90 degrees. Do I need to adjust the collar chest area? What i'm I missing.

Comments

• PhiloppPhilopp Posts: 290
    edited December 1969

I do that by write down every posing parameter for the one side and apply them on the other side (sometimes, actually often you need to change the sign though).

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    edited December 1969

For symmetrical posing you can use the Symmetry dialog box (Edit > Figure > Symmetry; or Shift+Y). For example, if you want to mirror the right arm, hands and fingers on the left, you select Right Shoulder in the Scene tab, then within the Symmetry dialog box set Nodes to "Selected", Propagation to "Recursive", Direction to "Right to Left" and click Accept.

Regarding the Head turn: the figures, including Genesis 2, have rotation limits set on the joints so that any pose you make will simulate what the human body is actually capable of so that the pose will look natural. (You can turn these limits off, or manually change these limits by clicking the cog symbol against the movement in the Parameters tab, and selecting "Parameter Settings...") Try the sunbathing pose with the neck twisted 35 degrees, and the head 30 degrees - these are the natural limits. You can get a further twist with the chest for the natural look. If you still want her to twist a bit more then you can try tinkering with the limits.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The head will not turn 90 degrees (ie backwards) as the mesh was not built to do that. But this is all fantasy so do this. Make a Instance or Geo Shell of the figure both found in Create menu. Then HIDE the head of one of the Figures on the other hide all but the head. now rotate the full figure 90 degrees and then line up the neck as well as possible. TA DA, head on backwards.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2013

Jaderail said:
    The head will not turn 90 degrees (ie backwards) as the mesh was not built to do that. But this is all fantasy so do this. Make a Instance or Geo Shell of the figure both found in Create menu. Then HIDE the head of one of the Figures on the other hide all but the head. now rotate the full figure 90 degrees and then line up the neck as well as possible. TA DA, head on backwards.

That is freaky. What's the difference in doing a Geo Shell or an Instance? (I don't know what either of those are.) EDIT: You mean Geometry Shell? That I have done (on hair, via Scott's tutorial.)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited September 2013

A Geo Shell can have different Textures and a Instance is an exact copy. I use Instances to populate scenes with trees and such. I use Shell's to add people to crowds as they can have different skins and different colored textured clothing.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Click on the little cog at the end of the parameter slide and click Parameter Setting, from here you can either un-check Use Limits or set different values for the limits. This doesn't always work though as some slides are tied to other slides and all of them most be tracked down and changed.

edited December 1969

The MESH will twist like a rag in the neck. But then that could be the look they want.

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

A backward facing head would be 180 degrees. The op wants 90 degrees which would be the same as putting your chin on your shoulder. I can't turn my head 90 degrees but I am not as young and flexible as I used to be.

edited December 1969

CyberDog said:
    Jaderail said:

A backward facing head would be 180 degrees. The op wants 90 degrees which would be the same as putting your chin on your shoulder. I can't turn my head 90 degrees but I am not as young and flexible as I used to be.Yep. totally miss read the OP post. Oh well, every body still got a cool trick to try if they ever need it.

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

We can always use cool tricks