V4/M4 blow out

Just curious anyone taking advantage of the blowout? 

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

well it's my last day in the PC+ and it certainly took advantage of me! devil

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,645
    edited January 2019

Nah. I don't really buy that stuff anymore.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,426

there was another at 80% off a week or so ago. I had 13 items in my cart ... cleared my cart and bought none. 
    I'm really torn and wanted to fill a few holes with stuff I was looking at before, but then it seemed not worth it really, unless you're still using it ...but I use Iray and converting it all isn;t really something I want to do

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

Nah. I don't really buy that stuff anymore.

Same here, to old for my purposes now. I have all the old V4/M4 stuff I'll ever need.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

I'm gradually getting rid of all my pre-Genesis content, with a few exceptions that I've adapted for later generations. All my generation 3 and earlier is gone, and all my Poser content, because it no longer can compete with the new products. Come to that, I'm starting to drop some of my Genesis/G2 stuff, too.

So, no, nothing in the V4/M4 for me.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited January 2019

Yes. I think. Gen* 4 and earlier is the only stuff I buy. Not with real money though. I need that for real things... like food. :o)

Edit: Yes,I did. Nine items**. Not including the $9.07 G8f New Release I didn't want but had to buy to reduce the total cost. Bizarre concept, but that's the modern world for you. But then I suppose that's no more ridiculous than a return ticket being more expensive than a one-way ticket. And people call that the 'real' world ? indecision

*-eration

**How on earth did that happen? My cart's full of V4 skimpwear ! Again !

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,767
    edited January 2019

During the 80% sale not long ago, I bought Technophilia Tentacles - the kind of thing that can easily be updated with a few iray shaders - and Beach Hair, although I might return that one.

At the moment, I'm eying Anunnaki - which wasn't part of the previous sale - but only if they come out with a new product I really want.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • I was really thinking about picking up things for V4 to fill some voids in content. But, as many of you have, I didn’t see the need because I haven’t used her in a long time she was my go to girl. But I use G3 and G 8 females so much more nowadays.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,758

Most likely not.  DAZ has trouped this same set of products out over and over again (often at even better discounts than this) until there's very little left that I ever wanted, let alone still want now..

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,211

Actually, this isn't the usual batch of DO's that are presented, there's a lot of PA stuff that is not often on sale. Still, not much left for me to choose from, but there is the occasional nugget that has been overlooked.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited January 2019

Hmmm... just had a thought.

I had to buy an item I didn't want in order to get the 80% discount on the items I sort-of wanted.

So what do you reckon will happen if I ask for a refund on that item... ? winkdevil

Edit: "What is Daz3D's refund policy?" from the Help Center doesn't have any caveats regarding this. So maybe if I get bored and need a laugh I'll send in a request...

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • My guess would be they would make the other items 60% off. Daz does wayyyyy to many similar sales for shit like that to actually work.

I certainly bought a pile of things that were not on offer in previous sales and now have exited the platinum club so they will have to last

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

Yeah, I'm tempted to get a few things from both M4 and G2 generation, and the jackhammer and the cowboy boots are both items that I kinda-want-(but-not-really-need), they would unlock the increased discount... but no. I've spent way too much on DAZ already last year, I still own tons of items that I haven't used yet, and there's always another sale. Self control!

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958

I certainly bought a pile of things that were not on offer in previous sales 

Me too - there are quite of few items that aren't typically available when they have the V4/M4 sales.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,758
    evacyn said:

I certainly bought a pile of things that were not on offer in previous sales 

Me too - there are quite of few items that aren't typically available when they have the V4/M4 sales.

YMMV, of course, but of the 27 pages of products that I don't already own, I didn't see anything where the current price isn't the same or higher than what the DAZ Deals browser shows that item as having been on sale for in the last year or so, even with the 80% off applied.  But then again, that's what happens when you literally own over half of the items that are currently in the store. :/

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,506

I certainly bought a pile of things that were not on offer in previous sales and now have exited the platinum club so they will have to last

Just being a curious Leo cat, I have to ask what does exiting the platinum club mean to you?

ArtAngel said:

Just being a curious Leo cat, I have to ask what does exiting the platinum club mean to you?

less temptation to part with cash

they will still get me on the fast grabs no doubt and I tend to fall back in with those add a PC+ subscription for only ..... $ comments on my cart .....

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Some of it's well worth having so if the price is $1.99 or less I still consider if it comes to my attention but I'm mostly stopped browsing through it. If it's good, it's really good, but if not it's next to useless and you usually can't tell until you buy it. Almost all of can be fixed if you are willing to re-rig & resurface it though. Although that's lots of work, it's a great inventory to have if you got it at PC+ prices & twice as much if you have one of the old DAZ 3D Game License for that content.

edited January 2019

less temptation to part with cash

Well said. I decided the same awhile ago. After 4 failed short term marraiges and one success that has outlasted all of them combined, I learned to recognize when  a relationship is off and when an exit is needed. I tried to leave last year, but Daz was like my second child's father (we never married) He was a fisherman and knew how to use bait. They threw me a hook and I swallowed. My last PC day is tomorrow and I'm having a helluva time spending the last of my store credit. But spend it tomorrow I will.

Post edited by ArtAngel on

Some of it's well worth having so if the price is $1.99 or less I still consider if it comes to my attention but I'm mostly stopped browsing through it. If it's good, it's really good, but if not it's next to useless and you usually can't tell until you buy it. Almost all of can be fixed if you are willing to re-rig & resurface it though. Although that's lots of work, it's a great inventory to have if you got it at PC+ prices & twice as much if you have one of the old DAZ 3D Game License for that content.

I have one word for you. Meow. LOL
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    ArtAngel said:

I have one word for you. Meow. LOL

I've not forgotten. Woof.