Fustration of DAZ Program installations Rant.

I am tired, and finally came to this conclusion that installing DAZ software can be a pain in the butt. When re-installing windows, or getting a new system. Their is that process of installing DAZ software and then the products. If you fail, or mess up, you have to redo. It is not like one program, and that is all. No, it is this first, and then this next, followed in order or else. 32 bit, or 64 bit. Carrara is a good example. Program Software (32 bit only and I use a 64 bit system), and then the content, and then others to be in order. Then DAZ has this other software you have to install first to down load your software and then install. And then your purchased programs. I messed up on DAZ studio last night, and said forget it then uninstalled, because one product (Mood Master, and Light Dome pro) will not even budge (waiting and waiting). I refuse to download the DAZ install files to install. Just to much. They need work on this. Why couldn't they put the content in with the software. Then the DAZ self installer will be worth it. I could not install Bryce 7.1 (windows 10) Keep getting error. So I left it at 6, but the content after. I could have missed a few others. Fustrating at is.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

you can always do it all using DAZ install manager if you want, and not sure which build of Carrara you have but it has 32bit and 64 bit.

• Carrara 8.1, although even installing another program (DIM). Heard, read it is to buggy. More, and more. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

Sorry you are having issues for whatever reason, but I have been using Daz Studio and Carrara for years with multiple versions and multiple installs and have never had any issues, pretty straightforward in my experience.

• Getting tired, of installing Program, then content, then lights, then brushes, then others (etc, etc) and then. Unlike all in one program. I do not mind is the products, which of course can be a problem, but I live with it. A product with 5 installation files. It can be straight forward or the other night. I gave up on Daz studio. Been years since I used DS (since 3.0). Soon as dreamlights products didn't install on 3.1 and after. I didn't bother. Uninstalled DS, due to fustration. And staying away from it. Now to make again a back up hard drive. 

Robo2010 said:

Carrara 8.1, although even installing another program (DIM). Heard, read it is to buggy. More, and more. 

you may confusing that with connect, DIM is very stable

to clarify, I have been using DIM for 4 years and it just installs everything once you set up your paths, no effort on your behalf beyond clicking start queue. yes

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558
    edited January 2019

I did have a lot of problems downloading the beta version a few weeks ago through DAZ installer. For some reason, even though I updated the installer and followed the indtructions, it wouldn't download.

I agree the process is needlessly convoluted. I have no idea why it can't just be a simple .exe download from the site.

Post edited by fred9803 on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    Robo2010 said:

Carrara 8.1, although even installing another program (DIM). Heard, read it is to buggy. More, and more. 

Complainers bias, you will always hear from people whose program / device / product doesn’t work a lot more than for those it does. DIM is pretty stable as long as the connection works. I only had it fail its connection one time in a year or so.

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,733

Robo2010, I totally sympathize with your difficulties. DIM works fine. It's much easier than all the stuff you've endured.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I refuse to use Connect.  I've always used DIM and almost never have an issue.  Then I organize all my content into custom categories, so I know exactly where everything is.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

I refuse to use Connect.  I've always used DIM and almost never have an issue.  Then I organize all my content into custom categories, so I know exactly where everything is.

Same here, only I don't organize my content, makes for more diverse renderslaugh