Meet the New Rick Klick

Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,723
edited January 2019 in The Commons

I've been creating characters for years now. I've never done much with them. I lost many new characters awhile ago. I'm just now trying to "re-create" them. I don't have much energy. For this character, I took Edward (Genesis 8), made him "portly," and gave him a "windy" version of the Commander Hair style. I like Edward because he shows some age wrinkles. Oh, and I like the option for gray hair! I still need to buy a beard that suits the character's style.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Cool character. :) I like when people make characters that are plump or of different sizes, ages, and races. It's nice to see some diversity. 

What happened to his eyes? Did you mean for them to be black in the sclera area?

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,723
    edited January 2019

Thanks for helping me realize he had an eye problem! I went back and applied a 3Delight texture to Rick. Then I gave him a more subtle smile. He's looking better.

Rick 07b sm.png
    1024 x 813 - 611K
    Post edited by Chohole on

I'm not sure what happened to the eyes. Guess I need to go back and re-apply his skin textures? Maybe the silly facial expression caused the problem. I'm a large, senior citizen. That's why I've been so thrilled to find a bunch of new Genesis 8 male and female characters. I'll have some fun. My only gripe is that there aren't many beards available for Genesis 8 males.

Are you rendering in 3DL or Iray? I noticed that sometimes the eyes can be off if using 3DL mats in Iray or using Iray mats in 3DL. I'd double check to make sure you're using the mats for the render type you're doing. :) I think all of the Daz Original characters come with both 3DL mats and Iray mats.

Sorry for the crosspost. I have an iMac, and it doesn't support iRay. So I try to get a 3Delight texture for all my stuff. He looks better now?!

• thepenguin99thepenguin99 Posts: 62
    edited January 2019

Eh, I kinda liked ole demon eyes Rick.

Post edited by thepenguin99 on

Sorry for the crosspost. I have an iMac, and it doesn't support iRay. So I try to get a 3Delight texture for all my stuff. He looks better now?!

Yeah! He looks great! Fantastic character! :)

thepenguin99, maybe Rick will have a Demon Alter Ego! Divamakeup, thanks for your support!

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

He's looking great, Ron, like the friendly guy next door!

BeeMKay, thanks. Here's the key thing for me. I've been trying to get a series of comics going since 1999. I've gone through fits & starts, for numerous reasons. I'm working on a new approach, and smiling.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

BeeMKay, thanks. Here's the key thing for me. I've been trying to get a series of comics going since 1999. I've gone through fits & starts, for numerous reasons. I'm working on a new approach, and smiling.

Your great character made me smile, nice looking fellowyes

Sven Dullah I'm glad he made you smile!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

I like him allot Ron!  Keep going!  

RAMWoff, thank you so much for your support!

edited January 2019

Today I'm just playing around with some "store-bought" characters. This is George for Genesis 3. I added the George hair set and used the George pose set. That is George, in his default shape.I just noticed George's body hair is poking through his clothes. Oh well!laugh

George Smile01.png
    928 x 698 - 605K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on