Primal Scream - Out Now [Commercial]

IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
edited January 2019 in The Commons

Ok new one has just dropped. Lets all tear up paper, throw it everywhere and run around the room (why? I have no idea... just sounds like fun)

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-primal-scream-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

This is the party thread! Post pictures... ask questions... put your feet on the furniture, coz hey! I dont care. Its not my furniture :P

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on

Comments

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556

woohoo. looooove it. haven't tried it yet but i think it will go great with the old skull helmet, mask thingy.

• That is so awesome! And she is too adorable! Errr I mean, shes fierce! (adorably fierce lol) the lightning came out awesome too.

And yeah, funny enuff, it works pretty good with Dark Apocalypse stuffs (and of course, Battle Cat) While I was making it, I put the top with Viridian Skye's pants (to see how it worked together with other bottoms) And it went so well, it was like it was made for them lol

• KensoKenso Posts: 11

Love this outfit :)

Art 1101.jpg
    1014 x 780 - 1M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Just gorgeous as always! 

• LaschaeLaschae Posts: 111

LOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 

Obligitory click it for bigger better and moar. 

!5!ScreamKini.png
    1000 x 883 - 1M
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 79

That is just a stellar image Laschae - love it!

• TY all for the compliments :) Sorry Im tardy, but I just got up.

Wow... these renders are amazeballs.

Kenso... love the POV and action on yours! Great color and great job. Awesome that you used RE with it (I was kinna worried people would have a hard time with no poses and weapons)

Laschae... i see youre giving the new machine a run for its money! lol LOVE IT! Love that you put it on an orc... and love that enviro too (I picked that up awhile ago, I really need to use it lol)

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408

amazing product and amazing renders here !

• Since you guys have seen my promos lol and since I post these on fb, I figured Id post them here too, instead of just doing promos again (ppl seem to like them, coz they show how postwork can really change an image)

The first image is the postworked final, the second is the pure render.

This one has a lot of postwork to it and was rendered in three layers (bg/midground/foreground) This was so I could give it good depth and dof, to make it look like a deeper jungle. The snake has new (better) fangs painted, and his face has been messed with to make him look more viper. Lots of fun with colors too. And the dodge brush really helped light it up better.

BACallOfTheWild.jpg
    2100 x 1380 - 2M

Ya I'm a huge fan of postwork.  Your images are some of the ones that really inspired me to really learn how to do postwork.  I would swear I watched or read a tutorial or example by you at some point as well. 

• Aw ty hon! And yeah, Im a postwork junkie lol I actually hate to render... where I spend all my time is on the postwork. And yeah, I think I did a couple vids a few yrs back now (I have a youtube channel, but its been awhile since I posted to it lol)

I don't know why but i always love seeing and doing before and after pictures. I am suprised there isn't a thread like that around here.

DireBunny said:

I don't know why but i always love seeing and doing before and after pictures. I am suprised there isn't a thread like that around here.

Some of us do it in our personal art threads. I try and show as many of the before and after as I can, it does show what a difference post work can do.  Of course, it all depends on what you are going for, there are plenty of people who make beautiful art with Daz and Poser without doing post work.  I'm just not one of them lol. I enjoy both but postwork has a definite edge in the fun dept for me.

DireBunny said:

Some of us do it in our personal art threads. I try and show as many of the before and after as I can, it does show what a difference post work can do.  Of course, it all depends on what you are going for, there are plenty of people who make beautiful art with Daz and Poser without doing post work.  I'm just not one of them lol. I enjoy both but postwork has a definite edge in the fun dept for me.

I'm not one of them either, if you think my afters are bad you should see my befores. I get impatiant after rendering 6+ minutes but have no problem working on it for 6+ hrs lol.Funny enough, i love looking at Iray renders and what people can do with it but don't/can't use it myself.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Aw ty hon! And yeah, Im a postwork junkie lol I actually hate to render... where I spend all my time is on the postwork. And yeah, I think I did a couple vids a few yrs back now (I have a youtube channel, but its been awhile since I posted to it lol)

You should do a post-work tutorial. Your promos are always visually stunning and I'm sure a lot of people would pay good money to learn how to do that. :)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

Particularly if you can make it clear about what actually needs Photoshop itself, as opposed to what one can do perfectly well in Elements or GIMP.

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited January 2019

DB: You are just like me, I swear lol I hate rendering... but I will spend hours and hours playing with the image. I think its coz rendering is sort of spectatory, while postworking is more hands on. And yeah, I like before/after things too... I love being amazed at the diff lol

Divamakeup: Yeah, I actually have some on my youtube channel. Here are the ones I did a couple yrs back

And the final melded image: 

Duality.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 2M
  • IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited January 2019

JOdel: Yeah, you dont have to use PS... you can adapt to most 2D software. PSP... GIMP... or even elements and such. If PS's price point is off putting, theres also affinity Photo, which is only 50$ (and its a lot like PS, so if ur used to it, u should be able to move to affinity easy from what I understand)

• Another before and after pic. Not as much postwork as the first one, but lighting/contrast changes... the sun/godrays and a little bit of fur on the cat (plus enhanced his glowing eyes)

BABeastRider.jpg
    2100 x 1380 - 2M
  • LosingSignalLosingSignal Posts: 409
    edited January 2019

Hey!  Got sucked into Pathfinder: Kingmaker and never got around to playing with this.  Amiri is just the best... :)

PrimalScream002.png
    1500 x 1000 - 3M
    Post edited by LosingSignal on
  • @LosingSignal -- Oh wow, stunning render!. I love the new stonemason sets (I will prolly grab them too lol) Great atmosphere, and I love the creepy hand.

• Before/After funz  - This one has a fair bit of post... from the fire and flames and glowing eyes, to the shadows. I also painted ridges on his horns, coz they just felt very plain before. Also lighting/contrast/color corrections

BAReignOfFire.jpg
    2100 x 1380 - 3M
  • Also, wanted to post about a nifty trick, for those who own Gemology:

Primal Scream (as well as the big one Im working on now) were both built as playgrounds, so people who owned all three versions of Gemology could use the gems on them (hence all the beads and such) Because, I thought how few and far between you can use those as artist resources, if the outfit isnt particularly gemmy.

The beads on this outfit were done so the seam would hide in the back and not show and were tested with Gemology. You may have to dink with the U and V scale, but they work really nicely on this set

• So here's a render you guys havent seen lol

Since the dawn of time, women have been subjected to male artists putting them in dominated and subversive positions, half naked and afraid... like the dulcet little flowers they like us to be. Its as if they are saying, :BEATS ON CHEST: I... MAN. YOU... puny woman! I save puny woman!

As an artist (and because I am MIGHTY! and AMAZONIAN!) I invoke my artistic right to take back our power LOL We dont need saving, cupcake ;)

This one shows Ann's textures

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-primal-scream-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

https://www.daz3d.com/primal-thunder--dforce-primal-scream-outfit-textures

PrimalThunder.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M