How to mirror a pose?

I can't remember, but you highlite the figure, and isn't it Edit>Figure>Symmetry ?
I don't recall what parameters to change, I do know I've never gotten it to work in the past.
​Clear instructions very appreciated.

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635
    edited December 2016

Symmetry ->

Nodes: Selected (must select all figure nodes in scene tab - 'expand from selected then go to bottom and ctrl-shift select in windows)

Edit: Actually, setting the above to: Nodes: Root also worked on V4)

Propogation: Recursive

Direction: Swap Left and Right

Trunk Nodes: Leave Alone

Transforms:
    Rotation: tick all

Translation - probably want this all unticked

Scale - also all unticked

I think I must've missed something as this doesn't work on G3F (just tested) but works mostly on V4 (though head and neck didn't change)

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited March 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

Trunk nodes needs to be "mirror across Y axis" for a full mirroring of a pose.

Trunk Nodes "leave alone" is for when you're just mirroring/swapping an arm or leg pose.

I haven't tried it on G3 lately either, so I'm not sure if there's a different trick there or not - and I can't open DS at the moment to check.

• This set of scripts is helpful, it includes a mirror and symetric script that works on Genesis 3 Figures also.

You can right click on the Mirror pose script icon and then select create custom action which will add the script to the script list drop down at the top, making it very easy to do a quick mirror of a pose.

There are also a lot of other useful pose scripts in the set.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/76667/browse/8/Script/Updated-Daz-Studio-Posing-Scripts-now-for-G3F

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

Yep on G3 Edit>Figure>Symmetry (or parameters panel> properties>symmetry)

Nodes: Root

Propagation: Recursive

Direction: Swap left and right

Trunk nodes: mirror

Rotations: all ticked

Also important to note if you pose utilizes posing controls those will not be mirrored. In that case you'll need to use "bake to transforms" (locat) first

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited March 2021

Got it. Thanks all.

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • This set of scripts is helpful, it includes a mirror and symetric script that works on Genesis 3 Figures also.

You can right click on the Mirror pose script icon and then select create custom action which will add the script to the script list drop down at the top, making it very easy to do a quick mirror of a pose.

There are also a lot of other useful pose scripts in the set.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/76667/browse/8/Script/Updated-Daz-Studio-Posing-Scripts-now-for-G3F

That link was very useful. Made making a mirror pose a snap. Thanks!