So How Does One Find Those Darn 'Valid New Releases' ?

3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
edited January 2019 in The Commons

So How Does One actually Find Those darn 'Valid New Releases'  mentioned in the "Weekend Blowout Michael 4 and Victoria 4"sale on the main shop page ?

I can't find any way to view 'New Releases' (although in the past when I've had zero interest in them they were always in my face !)

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

Comments

• Have you tried some items that aren't working? With ads like this, if they aren't linking you too a specific page with items, I just make sure the store is sorted by new items and look for any items with the green "new" banner.
  • JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798

Just goto SHOP link and use anything with NEW Green Corner marking.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited January 2019

Thanks - the green 'new' banner is rather obvious now that you've pointed it out (I was mistakenly looking for a link to a 'New Releases' page or a drop-down list with 'New Release')

But what about the 'valid' bit ? That implies that some New Releases are NOT valid.

And is there an easy way to find the lowest priced new release ? I have absolutely zero interest in any new releases (it's just the really old M4/V4 stuff I'm after), so I want the cheapest new release simply to get me the extra 20% discount.

edited January 2019

Just reread the promo - "Valid New Release must exceed $1".

So where is the $1.01 New Release that I need?

edited January 2019

(Double-posted because my first post didn't seem to post, although it actually did... ;oP )

Just reread the promo - "Valid New Relesemust exceed $1".

So where is the $1.01 New Release that I need?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,316

Thanks - the green 'new' banner is rather obvious now that you've pointed it out (I was mistakenly looking for a link to a 'New Releases' page or a drop-down list with 'New Release')

But what about the 'valid' bit ? That implies that some New Releases are NOT valid.

And is there an easy way to find the lowest priced new release ? I have absolutely zero interest in any new releases (it's just the really old M4/V4 stuff I'm after), so I want the cheapest new release simply to get me the extra 20% dispount.

These are new releases in order of low to high price. Select anything here that costs more than $1.00: https://www.daz3d.com/shop/#&filter_new=1&order=price^-1&filtered=1

Thanks, that's what I'm after... although I was (vainly) hoping for something less than $9.07. Maybe tomorrow?

P.S. did you have to edit the URL to get that combination of filter and order?

...but then again,  I'd guess that they don't release new stuff on Sundays ?

• Generally speaking the lowest price new release is going to be PC+ items for ~$2-3.

But that price would only be for PC+ members ?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,316

Thanks, that's what I'm after... although I was (vainly) hoping for something less than $9.07. Maybe tomorrow?

P.S. did you have to edit the URL to get that combination of filter and order?

I picked the URL up from a forum post a long time ago and have it bookmarked. One of the advantages of PC+ membership is that you can pick up and use PC+ new releasese for a little over $2

They do usually have new releases everyday including Sunday, but it is unlikely that anything released tomorrow or the next day will be significantly cheaper.

• Yea if you don't have PC+ there really aren't any "just throw it in the cart for the discount" new releases unfortunately. 

edited January 2019

I've just done the maths - even adding a $9.07 New Release item to my cart should reduce the total cost.
    And for a $ or two more there's even a New Release that I could actually use, though I'm not sure whether I'd ever want to !
    I think I'll wait and see if there are any new cheaper 'New Releases' tomorrow.

Re PC+: I'm one of those who remember the good old days of the old PC and bailed out when they rebranded with the '+'... ;o)

edited January 2019

They do usually have new releases everyday including Sunday, but it is unlikely that anything released tomorrow or the next day will be significantly cheaper.

Anybody know what time on Sunday they release the Sunday new releases ?

(It's already Sunday afternoon where I am, but it's still yesterday in DAZland.)

• Midnight DAZ time (Mountain time US). About an hour and a quarter. Though once midnight passes it can take a good 15-30 minutes usually for the store to finish updating so you see the products and banner if there is a new one for the day.

edited January 2019

Thanks, I'll check back in a couple of hours* then... just in case the unbelievable happens ! ;o)

*unless, of course, you mean DAZ 'time' in the same way as DAZ 'soon'... ;o)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Yea if you don't have PC+ there really aren't any "just throw it in the cart for the discount" new releases unfortunately. 

TBH: if you buy something once a month that is new, then PC+ Membership will pay for itself - even if you pay full price for membership. It would pay for itself if you paid less than full price (50% off is common) and only bought every other month

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Thanks, I'll check back in a couple of hours* then... just in case the unbelievable happens ! ;o)

*unless, of course, you mean DAZ 'time' in the same way as DAZ 'soon'... ;o)

I believe Daz soon is working as intended. laugh Daz time, however, when applied to midnight ish is definitely broke.