the meaning of book icon in product available menu

I think I ran across this once in the forums before but I can't find the answer in either a google search or in here.  What does this greyed out book icon mean on the product>available tab? 

Comments

• That's user-created metadata - that is why there is a u at the bottom. It's something you edited yourself (assigning to a new category, for example).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129

How would a user change metadata on a product that isn't installed? Install it, change metadata , then uninstall it? Or is there some other way it could happen?

• barbult said:

How would a user change metadata on a product that isn't installed? Install it, change metadata , then uninstall it? Or is there some other way it could happen?

Yes, I think install and uninstall is the most likely way, at least - or it could have been on an older machine from which userdata has been copied. It could also be done via a script.

• That's really weird.  No way I've changed any of those files.  I did have to do an uninstall and reinstall of everything a while back though.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

I get that U-book icon for several products I installed using DIM. All of them are products that do not have user-facing files (eg. morphs).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129
    edited December 2018

In Daz Connect Install pane I see Michael 4 Creature Creator Morphs gray with the "book" icon. This is something I installed with DIM once and uninstalled with DIM. I'm pretty sure I never did any metadata customization for this product. This product doesn't even have a Daz Connect installer, because it is a Michael 4 product. The product page shows install types Install Manager and Manual. Why does this product show up in the Daz Connect Install pane at all??????

M4 Creature thumbnail.JPG
    101 x 178 - 12K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131
    edited December 2018

I've had a few products with that symbol where I'm 100% certain I never tweaked the metadata at all. One thing I noticed is that sometimes when there's a product update through DIM it goes that way. Reimporting the metadata sometimes will repair it for me.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
    edited December 2018

I Reimported the metadata and all mine went, but one appeared afterwards. I right clicked and upadted metadata and that fixed it. It's so weird that you post this now. I had the same problem at the same time. I only got around to asking about it on the 1st and tried googling it but found nothing too. 

I did find this today when googling about metadata though. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/199686/product-icon-in-smart-content-with-broken-border-and-u-icon

Post edited by AbnerK on
  • freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
    MelanieL said:

I've had a few products with that symbol where I'm 100% certain I never tweaked the metadata at all. One thing I noticed is that sometimes when there's a product update through DIM it goes that way. Reimporting the metadata sometimes will repair it for me.

I Reimported the metadata and all mine went, but one appeared afterwards. I right clicked and upadted metadata and that fixed it. It's so weird that you post this now. I had the same problem at the same time. I only got around to asking about it on the 1st and tried googling it but found nothing too. 

I did find this today when googling about metadata though. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/199686/product-icon-in-smart-content-with-broken-border-and-u-icon

I'll try reimporting too.  That had not occured to me.  Thanks for the info.