Carrara Object Catalog or Content CD

JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I found this PDF file (attached) in carrara folder of my new 8.5 purchase, (I'm a first time Carrara user). The file is an object catalog describing content that I can't find anywhere in the Carrara folder. Obviously this help file is a relic of an earlier version of Carrara, but does anyone know if the content referred to in the PDF catalog is still bundled with Carrara 8.5 or available online somehow?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

did you download the Carrara native content? it was added a few days after release

• JamyJamy Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

Hi,

after reading this post, I look at my products list in Daz and specially the Native Content.

Surprise ! Something change …

The "Carrara 8.5 Pro Native Content" disappeared and "Digital Painter Shader" appeared.

Is someone know the difference between "Carrara 8.5 Pro Native Content" and "Carrara 8.5 Native Content" ?

Native_content(August).jpg
    1328 x 1719 - 434K
    Native_content(September).jpg
    1315 x 1744 - 433K
    edited December 1969

this one

Untitled.jpg
    943 x 977 - 189K
    edited December 1969

I don't know what this "PRO native Content" content now

In august, no time to download it but today there is only 8.5 Native, not PRO Native

And the "8.5 Native Content" content the same as 8, witch is the same as 7, wich is the same as 6 …

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

It may depend on what version of Carrara you bought. If you bought Carrara 8.5 Pro, there are some things that you will get in addition to the standard version.

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Native content has the Carrara stuff in it trees, leaves, objects, etc.

Carrara 8.5 Native Content has

“Presets/Shaders/Skin/Genesis/Michael 5/James”
    “Presets/Shaders/Skin/Genesis/Michael 5/Phillip”
    “Presets/Shaders/Skin/Genesis/Victoria 5/Bree”
    “Presets/Shaders/Skin/Genesis/Victoria 5/Gabi”
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/17078/start

Carrara 8.5 Pro Native Content has

"Presets/Shaders/Skin/Genesis/Michael 5/Benjamin”
    “Presets/Shaders/Skin/Genesis/Victoria 5/Tori”
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/17079/start

edited December 1969

It may depend on what version of Carrara you bought. If you bought Carrara 8.5 Pro, there are some things that you will get in addition to the standard version.

I bought the 8.5 Pro and the attached file show what I saw in august just after my purchase … but now it'not the same !?

Why ?

edited December 1969

ncamp said:

I bought Michael 5 and Victoria 5 befor 8.5

edited December 1969

But I don't have Tori and Bree ...

What else ?

edited December 1969

I think it what monday when Daz give a new serial

They make a mistake with the "following products"

I'll to contact us

edited December 1969

if you bought the extra bonus content (M5 & V5 etc) seperately before Carrara within 30 days you can return it.

• JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

did you download the Carrara native content? it was added a few days after release

Yes I did, thanks. There is lots of other stuff in the native content, but I couldn't find an "Objects" folder in that content, or anything like the collection of toys that are listed in the object catalog.

edited September 2013

JStryder said:

Yes I did, thanks. There is lots of other stuff in the native content, but I couldn't find an "Objects" folder in that content, or anything like the collection of toys that are listed in the object catalog.

The objects will be installed when you install the content. If it's done correctly there will be an Objects tab in you browser with sub-directories such as( in no particular order): Mesh Models, Holiday, Aircraft, etc. etc. etc.

Shaders will be under the Shader tab in the browser.

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

I bought the 8.5 Pro and the attached file show what I saw in august just after my purchase … but now it'not the same !?

Why ?

'cause DAZ screwed up the release?

I don't have C8.5 right now for two main reasons. No fundage, and I like to wait to see what problems crop up! Quite honestly, I'm glad funds are short and I didn't get it in the first week.

• JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

JStryder said:

The objects will be installed when you install the content. If it's done correctly there will be an Objects tab in you browser with sub-directories such as( in no particular order): Mesh Models, Holiday, Aircraft, etc. etc. etc.

Shaders will be under the Shader tab in the browser.

Thanks. I found the shaders but didn't see the objects. Perhaps I overlooked them. I'll look again when I get a chance (not at home now).

My product library (I bought 8.5 Pro) includes a Carrara 8 native content item and a Carrara 8.5 native content item; no other items labeled "native content." To install the Carrara 8 native content for Windows, I just ran the .exe file in the product library and pointed it to the Carrara program directory. The 8.5 native content was a zip file so I just unzipped it to the Carrara program directory. Content from both of these native content installs showed up in Carrara's browser. Did I miss any necessary installation steps for the objects?

edited December 1969

ncamp said:

I bought Michael 5 and Victoria 5 befor 8.5

These are Carrara shaders, not Studio or Poser shaders.

edited December 1969

Well, if the shaders are there, then the objects should be as well.

You don't see anything like the attached image?

Picture_1.png
    1005 x 190 - 59K
    edited December 1969

There are multiple content downloads.

If you bought Carrara 8.5 Standard, you should have these files to download:
    Carrara 8 Native Content
    Carrara 8.5 Native Content.

If you bought Carrara 8.5 Pro, you should have these files to download:
    Carrara 8 Native Content
    Carrara 8.5 Pro Native Content

They all contain different information (evilproducer, I'm quoting you because you have the wonderful picture of the content, not because I think you don't know this).

Oddly enough, my Carrara 8.5 Pro Native Content files have disappeared from Product Library Page. They were there a couple of days ago.

Originally, the Carrara 8 Native Content was left out of the Carrara 8.5 package, but that was added back within the first couple of days. If you filter your product page on "Native", it should show up. Note, it is a BIG file. If it is not there, contact support and they will add it.

ncamp

• LinkRSLinkRS Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

ncamp said:

Carrara 8 Native Content

Carrara 8 Native Content

They all contain different information (evilproducer, I'm quoting you because you have the wonderful picture of the content, not because I think you don't know this).

Oddly enough, my Carrara 8.5 Pro Native Content files have disappeared from Product Library Page. They were there a couple of days ago.

Originally, the Carrara 8 Native Content was left out of the Carrara 8.5 package, but that was added back within the first couple of days. If you filter your product page on "Native", it should show up. Note, it is a BIG file. If it is not there, contact support and they will add it.

ncamp

Hi ncamp,

I just looked and noticed that my 8.5 Pro Native content is no longer listed either. Is it SUPPOSED to be there for the Pro suite, or is it included in the 8 native content or 8.5 native content? Thanks!

Rich S.

edited December 1969

LinkRS said:
    ncamp said:

Carrara 8 Native Content

Carrara 8 Native Content

ncamp

Hi ncamp,

I just looked and noticed that my 8.5 Pro Native content is no longer listed either. Is it SUPPOSED to be there for the Pro suite, or is it included in the 8 native content or 8.5 native content? Thanks!

Rich S.
    I think the made a mistake when adding the other files to the package. I've submitted a support ticket.

ncamp

• LinkRSLinkRS Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

ncamp said:

Hi ncamp,

Rich S.

I think the made a mistake when adding the other files to the package. I've submitted a support ticket.

ncamp

Hi ncamp,

Did you ever get your content restored? I put in a ticket, and it has still yet to be resolved. Thanks!

Rich S.

edited December 1969

I have not had an update lately. It's not been a problem for me since I had already downloaded the file. I just noticed that it was missing from my downloads. There is a problem with the number of items in the Pro package, and DAZ was still trying to decide on the resolution the last time I heard.

• FetitoFetito Posts: 481
    edited September 2013

Isn't DIM supposed to install all those files? :/ I am missing the "Carrara 8.5 Pro content". Could it be that the file has been renamed to "Victoria 5 Carrara Shaders " and "Michael 5 Carrara Shaders"? Should I send a ticket to the customer support?

Post edited by Fetito on
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Isn't DIM supposed to install all those files? :/ I am missing the "Carrara 8.5 Pro content". Could it be that the file has been renamed to "Victoria 5 Carrara Shaders " and "Michael 5 Carrara Shaders"? Should I send a ticket to the customer support?

I haven't been using DIM, for me is easier to just get each specific zip file, unzip it, and place it where I want it. I just rechecked my downloads for 8.5 and I don't see V5 Carrara Shaders or M5 Carrara Shaders any longer, I think they've both been combined into one file and that's been renamed to 'Carrara 8.5 Native Content', which is misleading because I'm pretty sure it's only shaders for M5/V5. The actual native content file looks like it's the one called 'Carrara 8 Native Content'. I don't think any of the rest of the native content is any different in 8.5 than it was in 8, they only added the skin shaders for V5/M5 which are in that separate file.

• paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I know your not using the DIM. But I know there was a problem with the DIM installer that was fixed when it came to installing 8.5. Wonder if there was a simular problem with the local installers. I initally installed Carrara that way and non of the mative content was available. I reinstalled with the DIM and everything is starting to work correctly.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Why not name the M5 shader packages something like "Michael 5 Carrara Shaders" and same for the others? Too clear?