Elizabeth 2: A whole new free Poser figure.

DodgerDodger Posts: 304
edited December 2018 in Freebies

(I'll be up-front: I haven't tested her in DAZ Studio, because I don't like it and didn't make her for it. But there are still a few Poser users around. So I'm not claiming her as DAZ content. But if she works in it, hey, awesome, I guess.)
So here's my press release:

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!

Elizabeth 2 is now RELEASED and available FREE to everyone!

https://www.whatever3d.com/store/product/Elizabeth%202

Yes, it's a brand new Poser figure for everyone. A full fledged female human figure with all sorts of features like:
* Fully weight-mapped rigging
* Posable jaw, eyebrows, and eyelids
* Hundreds of morphs
* Tens of assorted skin-tone textures
* A conforming swimsuit
* Hair
* A full set of starter poses
* Diversity!
* Anatomical correctness!
* UDIM-separated texture layers
* Two clothing sets already available and more to come in the next few days (as I package them up, pretty much).
* Exceptional cuteness!

https://www.whatever3d.com/store/

Post edited by Dodger on

Comments

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,873
    edited December 2018

Hmmmm.... wierdly, that banana-costume link takes me first to some "You are leaving Facebook" page.  Might want to tweek that.

Edit: So does the cybergoth one.  (Didn't notice there were three links at first.)  Anyway, clicking Yes in the leaving-facebook page takes you to the product page, so the link still WORKS, it just takes you through a detour first.  -=giggles=-

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • DodgerDodger Posts: 304

How very odd. Thanks for catching that. I copied the text out of the same thing I posted on FB, but I guess it decided to have the metadata hitchhike along too.

I just changed it to a link to the storefront since everyting in there is for Elizabeth 2 now, and I have a lot more up since:
    * Casuals set
    * Biker Jacket
    * Singlet/Tank-top
    * Mini-T
    * Jeans
    * Jumper/Sweater

So that'll show them all and be easier than separate links anyway! B^)

I see what happened. FB appended a ? argument ot the end and it would make no difference, except that I have FB authentication as a login method to make it easy to join, so it has little hooks in and probably got confused that the URL didn't come from FB itself. All the other forums (Rendo, SM) don't have paste-in rich text, so only the visible text came with on those.

I'll make sure to double check that in future. Thanks again!

• Thank you so much for your generosity..and hope you had a merry Christmas.

I'm confused about some files. I am new to Poser so, that can explain my confusion.

You have the last 3 files on her main link and I am not sure if all three are needed, the E2Core zip, the Elizabeth2 exe and Elizabeth 2 dmg. That last one I definitely don't know what it is and it won't download for me for some reason. I just want to make sure I install the right files and correctly.

I was able to download everything available so far with no redirects to facebook or anywhere else, so the links are good, except with the Biker Jacket, the download kept hanging forever with no movement at all. I tried several times with no luck.

• I will try this when I can

and thank you very much heart

I'm confused about some files. I am new to Poser so, that can explain my confusion.

You have the last 3 files on her main link and I am not sure if all three are needed, the E2Core zip, the Elizabeth2 exe and Elizabeth 2 dmg. That last one I definitely don't know what it is and it won't download for me for some reason. I just want to make sure I install the right files and correctly.

I was able to download everything available so far with no redirects to facebook or anywhere else, so the links are good, except with the Biker Jacket, the download kept hanging forever with no movement at all. I tried several times with no luck.

The EXE is the full installer for Windows, and the DMG is the full installer for Mac.
    If you downloaded the zips, you don't need the Windows or Mac installer, and if you downloaded one of the installers, you don't need the ZIPs.
    I just wanted to provide people options. For the full figure, having a full installer looks more professional and polished and some people prefer it, while other people don't like installers and prefer ZIP files, so I made sure both were options, is all.

So far, I havan't made installers for anything but the figure herself.

• MartialMartial Posts: 404

Thanks for the figure

I see i must registre for login

But when i try , i see the little windows  and write my email, name password but all freeze when i cliick to ok

I don't know why  I am with Windows 10 pro

• Dodger said:

The EXE is the full installer for Windows, and the DMG is the full installer for Mac.
    If you downloaded the zips, you don't need the Windows or Mac installer, and if you downloaded one of the installers, you don't need the ZIPs.
    I just wanted to provide people options. For the full figure, having a full installer looks more professional and polished and some people prefer it, while other people don't like installers and prefer ZIP files, so I made sure both were options, is all.

How hard would it be to use this figure in DAZ Studio? 

• what a christmas pressy bless you dear

• Hey Dodger, thanks so much for the new figure, it's truly generous of you!  That being said, I ran into a small problem, namely, all of her skin textures (from the zip files) are upside down.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Hi and thank you very much!

I tried to register, but didn't get a confirmation email (and yes, I am watching my junk folder) ...

And second: the password is shown when registering manually, even when the Show box is not ticked.

I don't have a facebook account ... meeep. Sniff. help?

• launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited December 2018

Dodger  - 

Thank you for this, but there are download problems.

I got the downloads after registering.  It's lying under "Your Download Library" - 7 files .  I was only able to download the E2Hair.zip.  Clicking on the others down the list does nothing.  Clicking on it the screen is just staying immobile.  I have even refresh the page but still the same.

Strangely, going back to the E2Hair.zip which I had downloaded is also behaving now the same although it worked before. frown

Kerya - I got mine to register and password let me in.  But now I am having a download issue as stated above.

EDIT:  Got all 7 files at last after trying quite some time to be able to download - 1 hour in fact.

I got so much more than just the character, thank you! smiley

Post edited by launok on
  • I noticed yesturday when I registered that there was a lag, then I refreshed the page and I was registered.  Weird I know, but some of you might have success with it. As for the downloads, I am wondering if the site is just not use the amount of traffic. Not a lot posted here, yet many many more could have tried to download when you did.

Doger thank you for the help, will try the biker jacket again today and see if I have better luck.  Okay just tried to download again and others and the site won't take me to the download page, on one item a pop up appeared stating undeclined, not sure what that means.

• thank you so much!

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094

Doesn't really work in DS 4.10. Legs come in at odd angles, probably due to weight mapping. But I will try in Poser 9.

Thanks for the generous freebie!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,025
    edited December 2018
    Dodger said:

She's a Poser weightmapped figure, and DS can't use Poser weight maps. So you'd have to redo the rigging for DS.

Post edited by Leana on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808
    edited December 2018

if you zero her in DAZ studio she's ok and works with legacy aniblocks

liz014.png
    1920 x 1080 - 953K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • quick video

should have added smoothing modifier

• her morphs don't work, need to be obj exported one by one from Poser and added using morph;loader and saved on a saved duf version

so is doable but a bit of work and I am not keen, still may some if I want to use them at a later date

expressions do as use bones

so yes with some work could be used in DS natively

No fun ... still didn't get an email. Tried to login - doesn't work. Sniff.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094
    Kerya said:

My email went straight to my junk/spam folder. Did you check there?

• I finally got everything to date downloaded, so alls good there. Just need to figure out how to install it, never installed anything to Poser since I had ver. 6 and that was almost 10 yrs ago...lol

edited December 2018
    3WC said:
    Kerya said:

My email went straight to my junk/spam folder. Did you check there?

Yes ...

Tried today to register again ... to no avail.

Firefox 64.0 - and I even tried with Internet Explorer (ugh!) - but with IE I don't even get a login/register popup. Great.

Edited to add for those that can get her:

Freestuff at Rero

Leather Pumps for Elizabeth 2

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/leather-pumps-for-elizabeth-2/80770

Post edited by Kerya on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646

Thank you Dodger for the free figure. I registered using facebook and it worked like a charm. So I was wondering. You have removed your Elizabethbeta model from your threednd site. Is the Elizabethbeta the forerunner to this Elizabeth2 model? Just asking because I would like to say something about the demise of Elizabethbeta in the Poser DAZ Freebie Wiki.Thanks

Wendy love the animation. 

• launoklaunok Posts: 782

One have to check site regularly - I got a new clothing item today!

Dodger said:

I have no idea. Does DAZ Studio deal well with Poser weight mapping?

DollyGirl said:

Thank you Dodger for the free figure. I registered using facebook and it worked like a charm. So I was wondering. You have removed your Elizabethbeta model from your threednd site. Is the Elizabethbeta the forerunner to this Elizabeth2 model? Just asking because I would like to say something about the demise of Elizabethbeta in the Poser DAZ Freebie Wiki.Thanks

Wendy love the animation. 

Elizabeth Beta was essentially Elizabeth 1. I redid the mesh completely though.

Hey Dodger, thanks so much for the new figure, it's truly generous of you!  That being said, I ran into a small problem, namely, all of her skin textures (from the zip files) are upside down.

That's odd. It's not odd that they are upside-down, because I made them in ZBrush and it does that. But it's odd that they're not loading right in Poser, because I set the material to load them upside-down.

Kerya said:

Hi and thank you very much!

I tried to register, but didn't get a confirmation email (and yes, I am watching my junk folder) ...

And second: the password is shown when registering manually, even when the Show box is not ticked.

I don't have a facebook account ... meeep. Sniff. help?

Did you ever get it? If not, DM me the name you registered and I will DM you the registration code.

Sorry I have been out a few days. Son's birthday feast and post-holiday stuff.

launok said:

One have to check site regularly - I got a new clothing item today!

Don't forget to also check threednd.com -- I will be adding D&D/fantasy/fan-art related freebies there. Here's Laurana from Dragonlance: http://www.threednd.com/laurana.html

I'm about to put up Diana from the D&D cartoon.

diana.jpg
    1734 x 1215 - 811K
    laurana.png
    368 x 600 - 155K