I will be doing an Octane version soon.

AmiraHD1

Octane version (hair messed up):

AmiraOctane

Post edited by shaneseymourstudio on

Comments

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687
    edited December 2018

Agreed - another fantastic figure from Bluejaunte.  I've just done a couple of quick renders and I'm really liking this figure.

Post edited by Dim Reaper on
  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,859

Hey, thanks guys! Some more renders of mine:

amira_popup_23.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 721K
    amira_popup_24.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 838K
    amira_popup_25.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 597K
  • Hey, thanks guys! Some more renders of mine:

You did a good job on the mats for her, as usual! What couch is that?
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,365

onw of the most "real" looking characters I have seen for Daz Studio. Great work. 

Hey, thanks guys! Some more renders of mine:

You did a good job on the mats for her, as usual! What couch is that?

From Stonemason Private Library.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Great job, as usual. She joined her sisters immediately. Only issue I've had is that---since Sahel---I have to use bluejaunte skin on any character(s) standing with a bluejaunte character because non-bluejaunte skins don't really match. The good thing is now there are five.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

She fairly flew in my cart ;)

Laurie

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

She might be the cutest BJ yet. And check this out: Rose Hair uses a BJ character in its promos, and now Amira is using Rose Hair heavily in her promos. Its very fitting, that hair really does look great on her (and pretty much any character for that matter.) You have to really be trying hard to mess up rendering Amira. She works so well right out of the box and in a variety of lights. It is also noteworthy that she includes more than just a smile this time. This time she has 5 unique HD expressions, and they are all great. They are not over the top toonish like many 3D expressions tend to be. I love the shape of Mira's mouth and lips!

xyer0 said:

Great job, as usual. She joined her sisters immediately. Only issue I've had is that---since Sahel---I have to use bluejaunte skin on any character(s) standing with a bluejaunte character because non-bluejaunte skins don't really match. The good thing is now there are five.

I have a trick you can try: Use one of BJ's characters roughness and reflection maps on the other characters in the scene! Your mileage will vary, but it might work pretty well in some cases with a little tweaking.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

The quality is very obvious, I just don't find her attractive and from my experience with other BJ characters dailing out parts of the character to add other morphs takes away from the detail.. Great renders though and I might pick her up for the skin it looks great.

The quality is very obvious, I just don't find her attractive and from my experience with other BJ characters dailing out parts of the character to add other morphs takes away from the detail.. Great renders though and I might pick her up for the skin it looks great.

That seems odd to me because her less than perfect skin is what defines her most. I thought i would test this by redoing my render with a new skin, Sanriart Osuine.

I think shes beautiful this way, too, which demonstrates her shape is very nice. Her body is pretty curvy. Her hips are about the same size as default G3F, but shoulders are more narrow. If you consider this an imperfection you simply widen her shoulders to get more of that golden ratio. You can make her taller to be leggier, and she has a neutralizer morph to dial out the feet if you dont like those.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

bluejaunte products have become Autobuy for me. yes

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639
    edited December 2018

I have a trick you can try: Use one of BJ's characters roughness and reflection maps on the other characters in the scene! Your mileage will vary, but it might work pretty well in some cases with a little tweaking.

Thanks, @outrider42! Of course, that should have been the first thing I tried, but for some reason it did not occur to me. 

I have found it difficult to dial regular, plain people (like bluejaunte's characters) that don't turn into toons at some camera angles. I think bluejaunte characters are attractive because they are photogenic from all angles and do not look like beauty queens or B-grade fashion models: They look like regular girls that you probably wouldn't notice unless they smiled at you. But once they smiled at you, you'd be smitten by their cute plainness and guileless playfulness (except Misha, whose heart has been broken one too many times and, thus, she bears/bares a guarded vulnerability). Perhaps the penultimate straw for Misha was her initial rejection by the Daz store, only to be given away for free under her sister's name, talk about adding insult to injury.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Maybe it's the smile, but she kind of makes me think of Carrie Fisher.

Thanks all! At some point in production I actually got a Shakira vibe and made this test with more shakira-esque hair.

amira_popup_26.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 835K

I never seem to be able to pick your fancy. What type of women are you into? Link some images maybe I'll get inspired. smiley

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    Odaa said:

Maybe it's the smile, but she kind of makes me think of Carrie Fisher.

That's exactly who she made me think of at first glance, and for the same reason.  Needless to say, she was an instant buy.  

I never seem to be able to pick your fancy. What type of women are you into? Link some images maybe I'll get inspired. smiley

LOL, no worries, I can't think of a single character that I purchased from any vendor that I didn't alter in one way or another. I do like Misha though, and Sahels skin.

Besides, as this thread shows, you have a big fan base

• The quality is very obvious, I just don't find her attractive and from my experience with other BJ characters dailing out parts of the character to add other morphs takes away from the detail.. Great renders though and I might pick her up for the skin it looks great.

Just check out his DA page

LOL blush

edited December 2018

They'd need some...pastic. Personally, not really my style.

Post edited by outrider42 on
  • The quality is very obvious, I just don't find her attractive and from my experience with other BJ characters dailing out parts of the character to add other morphs takes away from the detail.. Great renders though and I might pick her up for the skin it looks great.

didn't know he had a da page looked and found https://www.deviantart.com/bluejauntepa

• Chimping Amira https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/705716

came out a little grainy not sure due to enviroment or rendering through catalyzer to get chimp's fur 

with 

Mirror Amira Mirror , I combined few of your included expression not just using her signature main smile 

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/705671

chimping Amira.jpg
    2719 x 2499 - 3M
    mirror Amira mirror.jpg
    2719 x 3274 - 4M
  • Bluejaunte triumphs again.

Fantastic charachter, I just aged her very slightly and used the Mable 8 texture. Hair and clothing gives her that 1960's Cilla Black style.

Amira.jpg
    830 x 1320 - 513K
    lycanart said:

Bluejaunte triumphs again.

Fantastic charachter, I just aged her very slightly and used the Mable 8 texture. Hair and clothing gives her that 1960's Cilla Black style.

Ha, that looks interesting. I think you'd have to age her more for those textures though. Mabel is like 70?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I like characters that look more like a real person (like Amira). Different strokes I guess :D

Laurie

• lycanartlycanart Posts: 23
    edited December 2018

He's one with the original textures, suits her more I guess smiley

Amira 2.jpg
    880 x 1370 - 462K
    Post edited by lycanart on
  • Of course I picked her up straight away!

I’d love to see you tackle a character that’s completely different, I find them all very similar, and have started to purchase them mostly for the expressions.

You talked me into a purchase blush

I was curious how little I would have to alter to get her closer to what I need for my projects and have her still be Amira with the HD effects and all.

Body, slimmed the hips quite a bit along with the glutes and toned up the calves. Toned the tummy up a little and gave the ribcage a little more definition. Enhanced the breasts a little using various morphs to make it pleasing, but more natural than pure implants. Made the fingers a little thinner.

Head, sunk in the cheeks a little. Gave her fuller lips. Thinned the nose a bit and made it a smidge smaller along with a small change in tip depth and ridge depth.

makeup is from skinbuilder with more gloss on the lips. Skin was darkened a bit with a little more sheen.

here is a test image to show the difference. I know she is off from your creative vision of her, but that is the beauty of working with DAZ and DS, lots of options to change things to everyones personal tastes (or a commission client in this case).

amira.jpg
    1252 x 1440 - 974K

Amira can get pretty feisty. I used her custom gross and resent expressions with a touch of arched brow.

You talked me into a purchase blush

I was curious how little I would have to alter to get her closer to what I need for my projects and have her still be Amira with the HD effects and all.

Body, slimmed the hips quite a bit along with the glutes and toned up the calves. Toned the tummy up a little and gave the ribcage a little more definition. Enhanced the breasts a little using various morphs to make it pleasing, but more natural than pure implants. Made the fingers a little thinner.

Head, sunk in the cheeks a little. Gave her fuller lips. Thinned the nose a bit and made it a smidge smaller along with a small change in tip depth and ridge depth.

makeup is from skinbuilder with more gloss on the lips. Skin was darkened a bit with a little more sheen.

here is a test image to show the difference. I know she is off from your creative vision of her, but that is the beauty of working with DAZ and DS, lots of options to change things to everyones personal tastes (or a commission client in this case).

Haha, sorry I didn't mean to do that but thanks for buying. She looks pretty good! A hot latina diva or something.

Amira can get pretty feisty. I used her custom gross and resent expressions with a touch of arched brow.

Yup, she's got some attitude. I have no idea why anyone with a Nintendo shirt would ever feel like that though wink