Filter Forge Professional on DAZ Store?

Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Has anyone purchased this from DAZ store?  I know a lot of content creators seem to use Filter Forge for a variety of projects, but I am confused by what version of the appliation this actually is being sold here on DAZ.

All the different version I see on Filter Forge actual website are pretty pricey, so if this is the full Professional Version that integrates with Photoshop?  If so this is going to be instant purchase for me today just for the cost savings alone.

Thanks!

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,610

Yes, it's the pro version (it goes on sale on the website pretty often too so the price is comparible)

Assuming you mean this:

https://www.daz3d.com/filter-forge-7-0-professional-win (or the Mac version)

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Yes, it's the pro version (it goes on sale on the website pretty often too so the price is comparible)

Assuming you mean this:

https://www.daz3d.com/filter-forge-7-0-professional-win (or the Mac version)

Yes.  So it is full Pro version then?  Compatible with Photoshop?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

Yes. It is the full Pro version and yes it is compatible with 64 bit Photoshop. I believe support for 32 bit Photoshop was dropped with version 7 of Filter Forge.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Yes. It is the full Pro version and yes it is compatible with 64 bit Photoshop. I believe support for 32 bit Photoshop was dropped with version 7 of Filter Forge.

Thanks guys.  Bought it.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124

I bought filter forge 7 today (great price with my loyalty discount and today's sale)... however I have Photoshop CS4 64  byte and could not get the plugin to install (the stand alone filter forge does install) after looking around at the filter forge forums it seems filter forge 7 and above only support Photoshop CC as a plugin. So for CS4 I will have to copy and paste between the stand alone ff and photoshop Cs4. Has anyone gotten this to install and show up on the plugin filters for CS4?? Fortuneatly I kept ff6 installed. Guess I will keep ff7 and just use standalone.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714

It's version 7, the current version is 8.

• I believe you might qualify for the ff8 upgrade as it just came out a couple of weeks ago on their website.

edited December 2018
    JazzyBear said:

I believe you might qualify for the ff8 upgrade as it just came out a couple of weeks ago on their website.

Maybe someone here who have purchased it here at DAZ could give it a try? Just need to enter your license data here:

https://www.filterforge.com/buy/upgrades.html

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Taoz said:
    JazzyBear said:

I believe you might qualify for the ff8 upgrade as it just came out a couple of weeks ago on their website.

Maybe someone here who have purchased it here at DAZ could give it a try? Just need to enter your license data here:

If you bought FF7 here, you can get FF8 for an additional $65 per the upgrade.

I just bought FF8 for $99 and let it be.  With tax, it was $105.  So I'm thinking even with FF7 being $41 and the tax on the upgrade being 6.25% (at least here in Illinois), I ended up saving a whole $5!!!

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself now...lol.

Taoz said:
    JazzyBear said:

I just bought FF8 for $99 and let it be.  With tax, it was $105.  So I'm thinking even with FF7 being $41 and the tax on the upgrade being 6.25% (at least here in Illinois), I ended up saving a whole $5!!!

Sometimes you get it for free though if you have purchased the previous version shortly before the new one is released, and checking your serial number on that page might tell you if you're qualified. But such offers usually end as soon as the new version is out, so I doubt it in this case.

edited December 2018
    mrposer said:

I bought filter forge 7 today (great price with my loyalty discount and today's sale)... however I have Photoshop CS4 64  byte and could not get the plugin to install (the stand alone filter forge does install) after looking around at the filter forge forums it seems filter forge 7 and above only support Photoshop CC as a plugin. So for CS4 I will have to copy and paste between the stand alone ff and photoshop Cs4. Has anyone gotten this to install and show up on the plugin filters for CS4?? Fortuneatly I kept ff6 installed. Guess I will keep ff7 and just use standalone.

Taoz said:
    JazzyBear said:

That is true for the regular upgrade. However, if you just purchased Filter Forge 7 Pro within the last month it is possible that they will upgrade you to version 8 for free. To request that instead of filling out the form you would have to email them and demonstrate when (and where) you purchased Filter Forge 7 Pro. No guaratees on that but I know that when I had purchased version 6 at DAZ shortly before version 7 was released I was able to upgrade for free. See this post:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3179711/#Comment_3179711

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • mrposer said:

Taoz said:
    JazzyBear said:

That is true for the regular upgrade. However, if you just purchased Filter Forge 7 Pro within the last month it is possible that they will upgrade you to version 8 for free. To request that instead of filling out the form you would have to email them and demonstrate when (and where) you purchased Filter Forge 7 Pro. No guaratees on that but I know that when I had purchased version 6 at DAZ shortly before version 7 was released I was able to upgrade for free. See this post:

I just bought FF7 in the store an hour ago before reading this thread.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878

According to this page - https://www.filterforge.com/buy/ - you can just upgrade to version 8.  See the upgrade option part way down.

I sent a request to Filter Forge inquiring about a free upgrade to Filter Forge 8 Pro if you have bought Filter Forge 7 Pro recently here at DAZ(for me yesterday). Otherwise I think you get 75% off an upgrade to Filter Forge 8 Pro. I will let folks know what they say.

They gave me a free upgrade to Filter Forge 8 Pro.... not sure how they will respond if they get alot of requests for DAZ customers but you can try. It would be nice if they coordinated with DAZ quicker about new versions being sold.

• mrposer said:

Taoz said:
    JazzyBear said:

Mattymanx said:

According to this page - https://www.filterforge.com/buy/ - you can just upgrade to version 8.  See the upgrade option part way down.

Yes, but that way costs money and doesn't get you a free upgrade for a very recent purchase. You have to email Filer Forge seperately to inquire about that.

mrposer said:

They gave me a free upgrade to Filter Forge 8 Pro.... not sure how they will respond if they get alot of requests for DAZ customers but you can try. It would be nice if they coordinated with DAZ quicker about new versions being sold.

I gave it a try, and here's what they said:

"What is your purchase date?
    You are eligible for a free upgrade if you bought Filter Forge 7 after Filter Forge 8 had been released."

So no problem, it seems.

• i also gave it a try and got the free upgrade

• k410k410 Posts: 75
    edited December 2018

Thank you for this topic!  Filter Forge has been on my wishlist for a while, and this thread alerted me to the new version as well as the sale pricing.

Post edited by k410 on
  • We have submitted the latest Filter Forge 8 for Windows and Mac to the DAZ store. No more free upgrades from version 7 -- please buy the latest one :)

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

I bought Filter Forge 7.0 on the 14th of Dezember 2018 - it keeps telling me I can't download filters (even those made for FF4), untill I buy FF 8. WHICH I  DO NOT WANT TO!  Terribly disappointed.

edited January 2019

I bought Filter Forge 7.0 on the 14th of Dezember 2018 - it keeps telling me I can't download filters (even those made for FF4), untill I buy FF 8. WHICH I  DO NOT WANT TO!  Terribly disappointed.

Hmmm, I have Filter Forge 7 and I am still able to download filters from the filter library. What happened when you clicked on "Download filters from the Library" in the upper right corner of Filter Forge.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • A few years back now I took advantage of a Lifetime Upgrade special they were having and it cost me $300 then, but I have gotten every upgrade for "free" since and it was SO WORTH IT!  I use it almost every single day I am working on things.  Sometimes in ways so subtle you wouldn't know it was used and in others to create standalone art.  I love Filter Forge!

edited January 2019

You may be entitled to a free upgrade to 8, I bought version 7 on the 12th december and got one. Same for others here who bought version 7 after version 8 was released.

Post edited by Taoz on

Hmmm, I have Filter Forge 7 and I am still able to download filters from the filter library. What happened when you clicked on "Download filters from the Library" in the upper right corner of Filter Forge.

It tells me immediately: To access the Filter Library, you must have a newer version of Filter Forge. Update now?

And Update costs money, as their website says.

Was frustrated enough to try the Update. Update installed Version 7 again, and when I tried to go to the filters (which showed this time), FilterForge crashed.

There have been several updates to version 7 so it should have installed the updates to version 7. I'm not sure why it crashed; but in the top left go to tools > updates and click on it to see if there any more updates.

Thanks a lot, that did it! It works now!

And Update costs money, as their website says.

They did provide free updates for those who purchased version 7 at DAZ during the december sale, and the website said the same back then. I and several others got a free update, you just had to contact their support. I got this reply:

"What is your purchase date? You are eligible for a free upgrade if you bought Filter Forge 7 after Filter Forge 8 had been released."

I can't guarantee that they still do, but it may be worth a try.

Did mail them. Now I'm waiting. But Version 7 is now working as intended, and I'm happy with my purchase.