Where are My Download Links

12346»

Comments

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

^^Seems like I've been reading that from lots of people

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

On a related Product Library note, how many of you are coming across pages with no "view store page" link at the bottom of the description text? I came across one soon after the Product Library was introduced, and another a couple of days ago when I was hunting something down that I'd bought a long time ago. How widespread a problem is this?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,198
    edited December 1969

Presumably there will be no link to a store page for a vaulted or otherwise no-longer purchasable item.

edited December 1969

Presumably there will be no link to a store page for a vaulted or otherwise no-longer purchasable item.

That's it, I just checked a bunch of the very first things I bought nearly 10 years ago, and none of the inactives have that store page link. Which could be anything from a minor nuisance to a major showstopper if there was anything important on that store page. Worth trying a feature request, maybe?
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,198
    edited December 1969

That's it, I just checked a bunch of the very first things I bought nearly 10 years ago, and none of the inactives have that store page link. Which could be anything from a minor nuisance to a major showstopper if there was anything important on that store page. Worth trying a feature request, maybe?

You could, but I suspect DAZ will be reluctant to have pages for dead products, though the Rendo pages are occasionally useful.

edited December 1969

You could, but I suspect DAZ will be reluctant to have pages for dead products,

I didn't mean letting the "inactive" pages be open for anyone to link to. If you don't have an item, you won't have a Product Library page for it, so you won't have a store page link. If there are no other links to "inactive" store pages, does that sound better and more likely for DAZ to accept?
  • edited December 1969

I put an item in my cart before I came here and revisited this debacle. Just deleted the item in the cart.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Can I ask why? just curious.

• GeorgehazeGeorgehaze Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

OK, so I've found the page but...

Where are the freaking links????!!!!!!

Frustration_2.jpg
    958 x 952 - 173K
  • rg5arg5a Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

I just bought something, and are about to regret it... :-(

The product I just bought ("SPEX for Genesis") shows no manual download link, which means I can't download it....

What I am to make out of it, is this a temporary bug about to be fixed (some time next week), is this a new feature (no more download links for Poser users)? For similar reasons I've been keeping away from DAZ lately, so if please someone can fill me in on the latest store policy....

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

there are manual download links on your account page.

edited December 1969

Usually, yes, but this time there isn't. :-(
    More specifically, there isn't a manual download link, there is only a "Download Manager" link, but I don't use that app, I'm on Poser (and the computer I'm downloading to isn't the computer with Poser anyway). I've been using the manual downloads till now, but this time there isn't one.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

oh, that is tricky then. well I am more or less poser only user these days, and I did decide to get the download manager. I chose an install folder that I then move to my external runtimes folder. At least you can see what you have downloaded and get updates. it isn't so bad having the DIM.

edited December 1969

esther said:
    I did decide to get the download manager..

Well, DAZ decided, didn't they... :-D
    Unfortunately I can't use the Download Manager even if I wanted, for my Poser computer isn't connected to Internet, and it's out of the question to pollute the work computer I otherwise use to download stuff.
    I need something I can download and transfer to another computer.
  • DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Is the manual option showing for you now? If it isn't, can you take a screen shot and post it here? All products (with the exception of 1 which is specific for Install Manager) should have options to download manually. If any product doesn't show products, such as the OGUv3 posted previously, it is because somehow the product got modified or, more specifically, the download list got changed mistakenly and messed up the download options. Where as all products should be downloadable manually, sometimes mistakes are made with products that happen after our initial testing to make sure the product is ready to be released. That being said, I looked at this product in my own account and see the manual download option, so if it still isn't showing for you, it is an indication that there is a bug which hasn't been found or experienced before that you're hitting which is preventing the file from showing up, so if you can show what your screen looks like, we can start tracking it down and fix it.

edited July 2013

DAZ_Jon said:
    Is the manual option showing for you now? If it isn't, can you take a screen shot and post it here?
    No, it isn't.
    I even tried a Shift-Reload of the page.
    As for the screen shot, use the one I posted some posts further up. Nothing has changed.

That being said, I looked at this product in my own account and see the manual download option, so if it still isn't showing for you, it is an indication that there is a bug which hasn't been found or experienced before that you're hitting which is preventing the file from showing up, so if you can show what your screen looks like, we can start tracking it down and fix it.

My luck... :-D
    For the record, this is the first time it happens to me, I've always seen (and used) the manual links before, last time some days ago. It just happens this time the page doesn't show the blue pill, er, button... See screen shot above.

But it's okay guys, it's Sunday, get some rest, we'll still be here Monday....

====Edit ====

Ooops, wrong thread - the screen shot is in the other one, but you found it already.

Post edited by rg5a on
  • Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

My download page has no products on it. It's completely and totally empty. There should be more than 4,000 items on it.

Is there a time limit on downloads now or something? Why wasn't I informed?

edited August 2013

My download page has no products on it. It's completely and totally empty. There should be more than 4,000 items on it.

They are actually in My Account/Product Library.
    Hope that helps.

---Edited to add:

And you need to allow scripts from ajax.googleapis.com for them to show (in case you use some JavaScript blocker).

Post edited by rg5a on
    edited August 2013

rg5a said:

Hope that helps.

---Edited to add:

And you need to allow scripts from ajax.googleapis.com for them to show (in case you use some JavaScript blocker).

I'm not blocking any javascript on this site. The Product Library page lists no products. If I input text into the search box and click any of the buttons, nothing happens.

Is the page supposed to look like that? If so, what is the process of searching for items? Thanks

Snap-2013-08-14-at-13.51_.56_.jpg
    800 x 465 - 34K
    Post edited by Velvet Goblin on
    edited December 1969

Is the page supposed to look like that?

Definitely no! I think you should contact support, that must be a site bug.
    edited December 1969

rg5a said:
    Is the page supposed to look like that?

Definitely no! I think you should contact support, that must be a site bug.

I did already. But I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, well. Maybe if I come back in another 6 months things will be better.

edited December 1969

rg5a said:

Hope that helps.

---Edited to add:

I'm not blocking any javascript on this site. The Product Library page lists no products. If I input text into the search box and click any of the buttons, nothing happens.

Is the page supposed to look like that? If so, what is the process of searching for items? Thanks
    I show you having a lot of products associated to your account. So, odds are, a javascript error or something is happening that isn't allowing to finish loading. If you can open up the javascript console in your browser (if you're using Firefox or Chrome) you can load the page and see if there is any errors that would help in pinpointing what is wrong and for us to fix it. Or you can file a CS ticket and they will walk you through getting it fixed.

• gero_1478aba0a9gero_1478aba0a9 Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Ugh, I really have to download a 50mb program to be able to download the actual file I want to download from my order history?

What in the world is in that 50mb? I want my product, not some dodgy installer program clogging up my system. Why are you punishing your customers?

edited December 1969

Bigjobbie said:
    Ugh, I really have to download a 50mb program to be able to download the actual file I want to download from my order history?

What in the world is in that 50mb? I want my product, not some dodgy installer program clogging up my system. Why are you punishing your customers?

No you could go to your Product Library and download it manually.

• gero_1478aba0a9gero_1478aba0a9 Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Hey guess what though? Bundles don't have the manual download option. Did you know that?

I had no idea what I was looking at and only discovered that the individual items have a manual option after checking through random back orders to see if the insanity was at work everywhere. The only option visible was the invasive installer, which (no surprise) started loading some huge code library onto my system and stalled out.

Great job you're doing! The site is as clear as mud to understand now and the mods are completely unhelpful into the bargain.

Awesome.

edited August 2013

Bigjobbie said:

Hey guess what though? Bundles don't have the manual download option. Did you know that?

I had no idea what I was looking at and only discovered that the individual items have a manual option after checking through random back orders to see if the insanity was at work everywhere. The only option visible was the invasive installer, which (no surprise) started loading some huge code library onto my system and stalled out.

Great job you're doing! The site is as clear as mud to understand now and the mods are completely unhelpful into the bargain.

Awesome.

Bundles can also be downloaded from Your Product Library.

You notice, at the bottom, the icons for all the various products that are in the bundle. Click on those and it will bring you to the download screen for that product.

It has always been necessary to download the products in a bundle individually.

bundle_download_screen.jpg
    649 x 694 - 239K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2013

You might want to take a little close of a look at the download page.

A bundle consists of a other products. If you look at your bundle in the Product Library, you'll see lower down on the page there is a section that says "This product is a bundle that contains the following product..." that has all the products in there with their own downloads when you click on them. The reason being individual products get updates and you don't want to have to download the entire bundle all over again just for one specific product. That and it lets you pick and choose what you want to download so you can skip items you aren't going to use right now, and just download and install the content you intend to use in a scene. So yes, bundles have a manual download option in a pretty easy and clear way to see and a way that gives as much control over specifically what you download and install.

If what you're looking for is one monolithic zip file that contains everything in the bundle, those don't exist, nor did they exist when it was the old installers. And considering the size of bundles and the number of different zips that come with each product, doing a long list of 50 files is something avoided because the feedback we got from customers who tested it was it was too cluttered, becomes harder to find what you're looking for, and isn't clear what you should or shouldn't download.

Post edited by DAZ_Jon on
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Jon said:
    lower down on the page there is a section that says "This product is a bundle that contains the following product..." that has all the products in there with their own downloads when you click on them.

I understand the reasoning for doing it this way, but how obvious is it that's what you've done? Especially for non-native English speakers, and/or computer beginners who might not yet understand all this files stuff. It's a good system, but a bit more care with labelling the bits would make it an easier to use good system. Tell people right there on the page that the bundle download links are "in there with their own downloads when you click on them" and you'll get less confused questions here on the forums.