Installing 200 Plus Head Morphs

Okay, I give up...

After at least an hour of looking all over trying to find the "200 Plus" head morphs product I'm throwing up my hands.

It gives about a dozen preset head/face morph characters, and also over 200 individual morphs for the head, lips, eyes, etc. I finally found the presets in the "My DAZ3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Shapes" folder in the Content Library tab (not the Smart Content for some reason).

But I've looked EVERYWHERE for the individual morphs, and was successful in finding the .dsf files in Windows Explorer under Public Documents somewhere (I think...), but can't find any way to access them within DAZ Studio.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks.   

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133

The morphs should appear in the Parameters tab, under the various parts of the Head,

e.g. Nose/Real World/200 Plus
    Mouth/Real World/200 Plus
    Cheeks and Jaw/Real Word/200 Plus

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255
    edited May 2017

Ahhh...okay. 

I thought those were the base expression morphs that came with the character. I guess the Genesis 3 morphs package doesn't include head/face morphs? And this package just gives expression morphs, not shaping morphs (like lip thickness, nose size, etc.).

I guess I was spoiled by the Victoria morphs that included everything.

So is there a morph package that includes shaping morphs? 

Thanks much for the help. 

Post edited by ebergerly on
    edited May 2017

No these are shaping morphs, not expressions. This screenshot shows where they are located in the Shaping Tab:

They can also be found in the Parameters tab under Actor - Head - etc (as in my earlier post)

Base expressions will appear in the Parameters tab under Pose Controls - Head - Expressions.

Capture.JPG
    518 x 677 - 59K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

Well THAT's my problem  smiley

Those don't exist in my parameters. Just the "Real World". Maybe the installer didn't put them in the right place? Or maybe I need some kind of "Refresh"?

Did you install through DIM? If so you could try uninstalling/resinstalling to see if they turn up.

Yeah, I did the install using DIM. And just now I closed down DAZ Studio, uninstalled and re-installed using DIM, and the .dsf files are definitely there under "Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Morphs\Dogz\200 Plus", but they don't show up when I select the character's head and hit the Parameters tab. 

This is strange. 

I really appreciate your help :)

edited May 2017
    ebergerly said:

Yeah, I did the install using DIM. And just now I closed down DAZ Studio, uninstalled and re-installed using DIM, and the .dsf files are definitely there under "Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Morphs\Dogz\200 Plus", but they don't show up when I select the character's head and hit the Parameters tab.

This is strange.

I really appreciate your help :)

Aha, I believe that is your problem! Don''t select the Head, just the whole figure - I know it's counter-intuitive but hardly any of the morph sets show up when only the Head is selected - I have a lot of morph packs installed and only one of them turns up when the Head is selected.

Edit: Actually I just tried and they still show up in the "Shaping" tab (as shown above) whichever body part is sselected. It's just the "Parameters" tab that needs the root node of the figure itself to be selected.

Post edited by MelanieL on

YYYYYYAAAAAAYYYY !!!! You're WONDERFUL !!!

So now I get it....select the character, then it's the Head parameter and and then the specific thingy under the Real World...and so on... 

Thanks so much !!!!

smileysmiley

So now you are up and running! I'm glad to have been able to help.

• I've tried everything suggested here, and I still can't find them.

I Selected the Figure, and gone to Parameters -> Genesis 8 Female -> Actor -> Head -> Face and they're just not there.

ANything else I can try

rambrose said:

I've tried everything suggested here, and I still can't find them.

I Selected the Figure, and gone to Parameters -> Genesis 8 Female -> Actor -> Head -> Face and they're just not there.

ANything else I can try

Sorry I don't have the G8F version of 200 Plus Head Morphs - I would have thought they should behave the same way as the G3F version, but I don't really know.

One thing: does the product show up in Smart Content when you select your G8F figure? (According to the ReadMe they should appear in the Shaping category there). If they do appear, what happens if you apply one of the full presets e.g. "200 Plus - Face Anya"?

• rambrose said:

I've tried everything suggested here, and I still can't find them.

ANything else I can try

How did you install?