Time for sharing, what I have no idea!

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

See the thing is that if I choose 3 times then I wouldn't have time to help anyone. 46,000 times is better as that gives me more time between appearings. :)

edited December 1969

Just to let everone know (who cares) that I am no longer an official CV (Community Volunteer) due to personal reasons.

This means I have no access to the Members section of the fourm now so if I was helping anyone in that section I can only apologise and hope another steps in to help you..

edited August 2013

5 Uber Point Lights and Uber Environment 2.
    Daz Studio 3A and Photoshop CS2 for a lot of layer work.

Used 3 Genesis figures exported from DS4.6 as OBJ and Charmed for K4 clothing for all the figures which worked perfectly. Used Uber Surfaces a lot for the clothing and metal work. pwSurface candle mats presets for all the candles. AoA Atmospheric cams used for the candle glow. I rendered three Volume renders with the point lights at different Fall of Values, intensities to get the look I wanted for each layer.

This is what I love about the original Genesis. I made the first top figure first in DS4.6, posed and then exported. Then went back zeroed the pose and messed with the face morphs I have in my library and I haven’t got many. Then adding to the Face Morphs I used Evolution and the Base morphs to make even more adjustments each time posing and saving out as an OBJ.

I also used the same Callum skin mats on each figure adjusting the Ambient Strength of each set so they were different.

This image was inspired by a resin sculpture called Spellbound made some years ago that my wife has in her vast collection of Dragon related resin figures.

BookTowerFinalramed_copySamll.jpg
    1276 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by Szark on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Geezus that's amazing. Love it.

edited December 1969

Thank you Vask...haven't had fun in making images like this in ages. Even posing 4 EP chains 3 times didn't phase me. :)

edited December 1969

Hah. Did you dial pose them or just use the click and drag IK? (I giggle every time I play with IK on Raw's octolegs lol)
    Those are also some really nice looking chains. Which ones are they?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow, I so need to get the rest of the Uber lights. That just ROCKS. Great work Pete.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Hah. Did you dial pose them or just use the click and drag IK? (I giggle every time I play with IK on Raw's octolegs lol)
    Those are also some really nice looking chains. Which ones are they?

Chains are from shareCG. I wil try and get the link later for you.

EP means Easy Pose which is a little different from IK. EP is when you have movement morphs Twist, Side, Bend Before or After the chosen linlk. Obviously the first link will just have After morphs as there is nother before it. This lets you Bend, Twist and Side to Side more smoothly. Once you get to a link and beyond you don't want EP to take effect just Zero the Bend. twist and Side dials then start to pose manually. I used a combination of EP and then zooming in on each link and used the Rotation Gizmo in the Viewport window. I find it so much easier to do it that way. Once you understand EP you can get a chain or rope to do some cool things.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Wow, I so need to get the rest of the Uber lights. That just ROCKS. Great work Pete.
    Thanks Jaderial. :) I am a Uber Light junky now.
    edited December 1969

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=bionicrooster has a couple of chains which I thought I used and wish I had done now, they are some much better looking. The one I used was a RDNA weekly freebie.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=bionicrooster has a couple of chains which I thought I used and wish I had done now, they are some much better looking. The one I used was a RDNA weekly freebie.

Oooo yep. I've got Rooster's. I just always forget I have them. o_O
    edited December 1969
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Szark said:

Oooo yep. I've got Rooster's. I just always forget I have them. o_OI used those in my Something Wicked render over at DA. Love them.
    edited December 1969

I did have those in my library at one stage then lost them due to a hard drive failer and I had to rebiuld my libraries. I lost a lot of freebies then. Oh well I have them again and next time.

Also I have a bigger version on my DA page, link on page one, post one of the thread.

edited December 1969

Aha, there we go. Tried to find you earlier under just Szark, but nope. Straight into the faves it went. ;)

edited December 1969

LOL Yes I am using my full name on DA, thanks Vask.

edited August 2013

I posted this in the wrong thread earlier.

and he is the inspiration I refered to earlier Spellbound
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Here is a quikie using one of the characters from my last big image a page or so back.

West Park Ward. I adjusted the Bump maps in to Displacement maps.

This is what happens to us BWC members when we get old/er

walker4_copy1.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 640K
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Hi Pete, truly fabulous, beautiful renders. Love your work friend :-) Wish I could add to favorites like DA. You certainly know how to transfer your ideas to creativity. An area, I struggle with. All types of ideas, going every direction, Lol !!!

Longing is the type of render, I would enjoy achieving someday soon. Black jack has an awesome illusion, love it. Keep up the fantastic renders.

edited December 1969

Thanks awesomefb...keep working at it and you will get there.

edited December 1969

awesomefb said:

Longing is the type of render, I would enjoy achieving someday soon.
    Oh that render was one of my first major pieces for which I had help from my fellow Dreamlight members and went through a few versions before getting to that what you see.
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Here is a quikie using one of the characters from my last big image a page or so back.

West Park Ward. I adjusted the Bump maps in to Displacement maps.

This is what happens to us BWC members when we get old/er

lovely render dude! I love you toon style, allot of character in that gentleman :)

edited December 1969

Hey thanks Spyro, how are you these days, well i hope.

edited December 1969

Time for a change using Blender and the Cycles render engine...I think I am in love.

Lighting HDRI only thanks to Horo's freebie HDRI set for Bryce, Studio and Carrara. I used the Studio version.

King5_copy.jpg
    1035 x 1462 - 513K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Beautiful work man! that fits together very nicely :)

I'm very well my friend, keeping myself busy and staying out of trouble :coolgrin: Even did the lawns and some gardening today, I'm a good boy lol

Hope all is well for you too mate :)

edited December 1969

Thanks Spyro. Good to here you are well.

I am always pottering in the garden, wouldn't have it any other way. Saw a pair of Dragonfiles laying eggs in the pond the other day...first time in over ten years of having the pond...gave me a big smile.

Going through a lot of life changes at the moment, looking toward to the future...one door closes and another opens.

edited December 1969

OK I found the thread where I got the HDRI from http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13080/ the bad thing is the links don't work anymore.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    OK I found the thread where I got the HDRI from http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13080/ the bad thing is the links don't work anymore.

You could pop over to the Bryce Forum and ask Horo if there is a current link

edited December 1969
    edited September 2013

I thought I would take my testing further by making a glass cover and stand for the King. porpah is King in the D'ni language, a fictitious one from the Myst universe. I am quite happy with the modelling and surfaces...though not too happy about the lighting. Again rendered in Blender/Cycles.

The stand texture is from one of Jack Tomalin's sets Asian Court 1, the backdrop is an archway from the Guild Hall for which I made a displacement map for the writing.

The rope is a shareCG freebie and the King and chess board from the old DAZ3D freebie Giant Chess set the rest I modelled myself.

I don't have any time left for rendering so this will be my last one for a while.

Glass_King9a.jpg
    1065 x 1492 - 378K
    Post edited by Szark on