Script to randomly place objects from a selected group into a cubic volume

mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
edited November 2018 in Freebies
Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

OK, this works really good!  I made a 0.1m primitve cube, and then made 1000 instances group.  Ran the script on the group, and made them from 1% to 5% scaling, randomized.  Snow!  Very quick as well, using a primitive.  Figure it may take longer the more complex objects. (you can see the cube I used to create the instances from in the middle)

One question I have is in the bounding box, what is the center?  Also, does it grow in a certain direction, or in the X/Y/Z positive direction?  It seemed to expand in both -/+ directions equally, but was not sure?

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited November 2018

the cube goes from 

xyz = -width/2, 0, -depth/2

to

xyz = +width/2, 0, +depth/2

if you move the root/group node you can move the entire flock

a while ago i think i parented my flock of birds to the sort of Lost-In-Space marauder truck vehicle

you can also use https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjjet2 to positiom/animate objects in a scene

it can "emit" them from a point, a line, a circle, or fill a sphere or cube volume .... though it's harder to figure

3dOutlaw said:

OK, this works really good!  I made a 0.1m primitve cube, and then made 1000 instances group.  Ran the script on the group, and made them from 1% to 5% scaling, randomized.  Snow!  Very quick as well, using a primitive.  Figure it may take longer the more complex objects. (you can see the cube I used to create the instances from in the middle)

One question I have is in the bounding box, what is the center?  Also, does it grow in a certain direction, or in the X/Y/Z positive direction?  It seemed to expand in both -/+ directions equally, but was not sure?

steampunkettes.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 124K
    Post edited by mCasual on