Eyebrows and Eyelashes change shape every time project is loaded?

Hello there,

I'm having a rather odd problem with eyebrows and eyelashes on a character that I have made.

The character is a G8F made up from various other character morphs, like Alexandra 8 and Charlotte 8, with several HD add-ons. However, I also have converted Olympia 7 (G3F) and am using that morph as well. (using this tutorial)

I am using these two products on the character:
Eyebrows: https://www.daz3d.com/super-natural-brows-merchant-resource-for-genesis-8-and-3-female
Eyelashes: https://www.daz3d.com/lashes-utilities-for-genesis-2-3-and-8

Now onto the problem:
First of all, the eyebrows and eyelashes weren't placed in the right places by default (I'm guessing because of the converted morph), so I had to use the included adjustment morphs to position them correctly. No problem at all, tried different poses and expressions, no problem.
Then, I load the character (saved as a sub-scene) in an interior scene, all is fine.
But, if I save the scene and open it again, suddenly both eyelashes and eyebrows are misplaced again. It's like the adjustment morphs that I did are undo-ed, now the eyebrows are going through the head, and the upper eyelashes are in the middle of the eye.

Any idea what is happening? Is it because of the converted Olympia 7 morph? 

I know I could buy this product https://www.daz3d.com/olympia-7-for-olympia-8 to use instead of the converted morph, but it's a bit pricey for something that I already own, so I'm trying to avoid it as much as possible.

What could possibly cause a morph to be undone?

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Comments

• If you click the gear icon on the slider for the converted morph and select Parameter Settings from the menu, is the AutoFollow box checkd? Is the converted morph saved as an asset (so that it is available on a freshly loaded base figure) or is it embedded in the scene file?

• If you click the gear icon on the slider for the converted morph and select Parameter Settings from the menu, is the AutoFollow box checkd? Is the converted morph saved as an asset (so that it is available on a freshly loaded base figure) or is it embedded in the scene file?

The AutoFollow box is checked, and the morph is embedded in the sub-scene file. I don't have it on any other figure.

By the way, the character itself doesn't change after the reload, the shape of the face is the same.

Thank you

• Sometimes AutoFollow seems to fail on embedded morphs - I think this is a known issue, but you might open a Technical Support ticket - if nothing else, another example may help to figure it out. Attach the scene file and give a list of the content used.

• Sometimes AutoFollow seems to fail on embedded morphs - I think this is a known issue, but you might open a Technical Support ticket - if nothing else, another example may help to figure it out. Attach the scene file and give a list of the content used.

I see.. Alright I think I'll open a ticket and in the meantime will mess around with everything a bit more, maybe I'll find a workaround.

Thank you very much for your help!

• If it saves and reloads properly when you save the character as a scene subset, have you tried saving the whole scene as a scene subset instead of as a normal scene? It shouldn't make any difference, but you never know with bugs.

• If it saves and reloads properly when you save the character as a scene subset, have you tried saving the whole scene as a scene subset instead of as a normal scene? It shouldn't make any difference, but you never know with bugs.

This sounds interesting! I've actually been trying to get the bug to happen again to try this out, but now it seems to be fine everytime!! If I ever encounter it again, I'll try this and will post the results here.

This sounds interesting! I've actually been trying to get the bug to happen again to try this out, but now it seems to be fine everytime!! If I ever encounter it again, I'll try this and will post the results here.

Update: The problem happened again, loading up a saved 'scene' file messed up the morphs. I tried saving the whole scene as a Scene Subset, and it loaded up without any deformations!

The problem now is that when saving as a Scene Subset, the render settings don't save with the file, which I really need. The only way around this is to save the render settings as a seperate preset which is twice the work...

Thanks again for the tip though, chris-2599934 !