Official Release of Carrara 8.5 **Update - 8.5.1.19**

Comments

• jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

*Sigh* DAZ, you really need to get your act together. The products website hasn't been updated for 8.5 and now gives 404s when you try to follow links to Carrara (http://www.daz3d.com/carrara-8-pro/). Really, this is site content management 101.

And since the pricing is currently all messed up, I'll ask a question:
    I have 8.1(not Pro) (upgraded from 7, upgraded from 6, upgraded from 5, and on down to Ray Dream Studio).
    What can I expect to pay for:
    1) Upgrade to 8.5
    2) Upgrade to 8.5 Pro
    3) Upgrade to 8.5 or Pro with Platinum Club membership? (If the discount is more than the $24 three months of PC will cost, I'll join PC for the discount.)

• edited December 1969

How do I get the pro $85 upgrade ?!?

I am a 8.1 Pro user.. I only get $280 price :/

Just help me and I will pay and shut up :)

• CluricaunCluricaun Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

@DAZ_Spooky

Ticket entered (148506) - As requested. Seeing it for $171.00 but not dropping - I have the 8 Pro Upgrade on the order referenced in the ticket.

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

Really wanted to upgrade to 8.5 Pro but not sure I will. I own both V5/M5 pro bundles so that isn't an incentive and Major sells right around the corner (hopefully) Guess I will give this more thought. :down:

• Turk_WLFTurk_WLF Posts: 177
    edited August 2013

Where is my Kevlar? LOL!

I think I saw Vicki 6 carrying it behind that behind that Carrara 8.5 Crate over there <----. (Sorry, I'm just trying to lighten up the mood. )</p>

Post edited by Turk_WLF on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited August 2013

How do I get the pro $85 upgrade ?!?

I am a 8.1 Pro user.. I only get $280 price :/

Just help me and I will pay and shut up :)

They are working on it as already stated.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Ticket sent as well.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,060
    edited December 1969

If a couple of you that should be seeing $85 but are seeing $171, could please drop us a support ticket, with the order number for Carrara that you have in your account maybe we can track it down. (Though suggesting this is likely to make me unpopular.)

Where is my Kevlar? LOL!

Bruce -

At a rough guess, I'd say the problem is not that we upgraded from C7 to C8, but that we've upgraded multiple times - C5 to C6 to C7 to C8 - and that the store is seeing these earlier version updates and stops looking. Like it takes the FIRST hit on Carrara in our account, it's not C8, and thus we don't qualify for the discount.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited December 1969

If a couple of you that should be seeing $85 but are seeing $171, could please drop us a support ticket, with the order number for Carrara that you have in your account maybe we can track it down. (Though suggesting this is likely to make me unpopular.) Where is my Kevlar? LOL!

Thanks for looking into this DAZ_Spooky, and I hope it doesn't make you too unpopular with your colleagues.

I sent my order number through in a request to Sales Support (seemed like the most appropriate category); the Zendesk request number is 148513 if you or the team need to take a look at it.

Thanks again.

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Well the shop didn't recognize me as a PC member...:-S and after all the trouble I had with the subscription, (thanks again Britney for fixing that)

I guess I'll wait until tomorrow, and they will probably have fixed the problems.
    My thoughts are with you, the good people at DAZ. This can't be fun for you...

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Feel like I'm in a twisted Oliver Twist: "Please sir, may I spend more money?" :)

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

They added in manual downloads for the Carrara Native Content which is just V5 & M5 Carrara Shaders for 8.5 & Benjamin Carrara shaders for 8.5 Pro.

All the other content like basic shades and scenes are not part of 8.5 and 8.5 Pro it looks like as those can't be downloaded.

That needs to get fixed and added in them in.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

If a couple of you that should be seeing $85 but are seeing $171, could please drop us a support ticket, with the order number for Carrara that you have in your account maybe we can track it down. (Though suggesting this is likely to make me unpopular.)

Where is my Kevlar? LOL!

Ticket filed....

WandW said:
    Good to see Carrara 8.5 has finally hit the street.
    It's nice that Pro comes with 2 Pro Bundles because even at $85, the price is a little steep for an upgrade. I hope it's stable and supports the aniBlock importer and Mimic.

IIRC I paid about $58 (which may have included my monthly voucher) to upgrade to C8 Pro from C7 Pro.....

that's a bit more easy to swallow than this.....

I happened to have purchased the M5 Pro Bundle 3 weeks ago, so with a credit for that and my PC Coupon, it would be $59.50...

• PiratesMoonPiratesMoon Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

Thank you DAZ for the serial number!

BTW - the Install Manager is so much more efficient than the previous system. Kudos on that development project!

• 1MoreThreadDeleted1MoreThreadDeleted Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

Well the upgrade in the end would be $109 for me but I will pass. The is not a nominal fee for a .5 release that has taken forever to get out the door. I don't want the extra content so there is no added value for me. Daz should have give us the choice. $50 upgrade/update cost to 8.5 pro without the extras or $100 for 8.5 pro and the extra content.

Oh well daz saved me some money.

I just can't see people spending $200 on this update. But some have.. just crazy.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

I am getting a workout this morning from my desk to sales to customer service. LOL.

Thanks folks for the tickets. That should be cleared up.

If you are a Platinum Club Member and you see the upgrade price of $171 for Carrara 8.5 Pro then you should see the $85 price once you go to your cart. (It shows up as a Platinum Club discount to the price before you get to the bottom line.) You can only see it if you go to your actual cart, not the dropdown at the top of the page. The same is true of Carrara 8.5 Standard though the price is different.

If you are not seeing the upgrade price, and you did buy Carrara through DAZ3D, they are still working through all the ways you could have purchased Carrara through us. (There were roughly 10 ways to buy Carrara 8 alone.)

• tezentezen Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@ DAZ_(Spooky): ...my 2nd ticket to zendesk because still 171$ or above :( meeeehh... where is the milleniumcow when I need it?) DAZ should test their shopping-system on a closed network before there will be this trouble for (old) users. I can feel the heat at DAZ at this moment because a lot of users are freAAAAKIN OUT.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

Price just showed correctly for me... :)

edited December 1969

And they just found the missing data element. Everyone should now show update pricing correctly.

Just to let you know there are at around 60 different products you could have purchased to have purchased Carrara from DAZ.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    ahh here is the reason for the price mixup ,

from the other thread

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Yeah, I know this sounds bad, but just don't buy anything in the first 30 minutes after DAZ Midnight, unless you're REALLY certain the error is on your side. Because there's always an error. New items 404 for the first 5-15 minutes, prices fluctuate as the database updates and the cached pages get pushed out to their CDN, different simultaneous sales conflict, and sometimes someone honestly mistyped the sale formula.

It's a mess for the first half hour most of the time. It's not even DAZ's fault. Well, if they were less aggressive with sales it might be easier, but I doubt most folks would be happy at that, either. :)

-- Morgan

never knew that, that explains a few theories I have had, it's all related to daz time being different to the rest of time :)

Twilight Zone.... X-Files........... Daz time and planet Earth..... will we survive...... this sale I mean :)

• cyborgty_074ff6c243cyborgty_074ff6c243 Posts: 132
    edited August 2013

Where is my Kevlar? LOL!

If we follow through with this, we would be committing to the $171 price (since purchasing it is the only way to have an order number).

I would pay $85, but not $171.
    This purchase decision is especially difficult since I don't plan on using the Genesis dollies anytime soon and since last year I spent $495 to upgrade my Lightwave 9.6 to 11.0 (even though I hadn't done much with it at that time). And it has been free to go from Lightwave 11.0 to the current 11.6.

I have become acquainted with Lightwave during the past month. It might be time to move to it as my primary modeling/animating/rendering app (obviously I was already considering it) . My Carrara 8.1 still works. I can use it in a Lightwave / Carrara workflow when needed, if I don't upgrade to 8.5.

EDIT: My cart now shows the $90.50 discount (probably includes my monthly coupon) off the $171! So it will cost me $80.50! Purchased!

Post edited by cyborgty_074ff6c243 on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited August 2013

I am still confused.

I purchased Carrara 8 Pro in Jun, 2013, and I have no PC membership, so the upgrade price for me is $142.50, correct?

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes, but if you buy a 3 month PC subscription for $24 you can get it for $85.50 + $24 = $109.50

edited December 1969

CyBoRgTy_ said:

Where is my Kevlar? LOL!

If we follow through with this, we would be committing to the $171 price (since purchasing it is the only way to have an order number).

I would pay $85, but not $171.
    This purchase decision is especially difficult since I don't plan on using the Genesis dollies anytime soon and since last year I spent $495 to upgrade my Lightwave 9.6 to 11.0 (even though I hadn't done much with it at that time). And it has been free to go from Lightwave 11.0 to the current 11.6.

I have become acquainted with Lightwave during the past month. It might be time to move to it as my primary modeling/animating/rendering app (obviously I was already considering it) . My Carrara 8.1 still works. I can use it in a Lightwave / Carrara workflow when needed, if I don't upgrade to 8.5.No, you are not committing to anything. The order number was for your previous version of Carrara so we could try to figure out what combinations of Previous Carrara purchases was not granting the upgrade price.

If you are a Platinum Club Member then you should only, now, be paying $85 for Pro.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    Price just showed correctly for me... :)

And for me.

Thanks, @DAZ_Spooky, for getting this sorted out.

Ka-ching!

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Pricing issue was due to an error in the customer segment for those who purchased Carrara. It wasn't taking into account multi-pay customers, upgrade customers, and a few others. This has been remedied. You should see correct pricing for Carrara 8 and Carrara 8.5 Pro. Remember the 50% discount doesn't appear until you go to your cart.

If you already purchased Carrara 8.5 either pro or standard and did not get the correct pricing please contact our sales staff through Zendesk

• AntaraAntara Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

And they just found the missing data element. Everyone should now show update pricing correctly.

Just to let you know there are at around 60 different products you could have purchased to have purchased Carrara from DAZ.

Please explain the phrase I highlighted in bold. I understand all the words, but I don't get a meaning of that phrase.

Also, any chance for those of us who already own Victoria 5 Pro and Michael 5 Pro bundles, to get a special coupon or discount on other Genesis Pro bundles we don't yet have when we buy Carrara 8.5 Pro? I think that would really make the upgrade an immediate sealed deal.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes, but if you buy a 3 month PC subscription for $24 you can get it for $85.50 + $24 = $109.50
    Funny thing is it has always worked like that. Platinum Club membership has always given you a bigger discount on Carrara than the price of the Membership. :)
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

chohole, thanks. I purchased it for $142.50. With the V5/M5 bundles, I am satisfied.

• edited December 1969

AHHHAHAHAHAHA! Oh lord! I get the announcement that Carrara 8.5 is out RIGHT in the middle of a 2 day renderfarm render of an image! Ok, I've bought it. Does anyone know if it can finally use things like supersuit for Genesis? Or are those things still not available to Carrara users.

Boojum the brown bunny