Novica & Serene Night's Renders, Tips, Tutorials & Product Reviews Part 1

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited August 2013

Okay, I am going to post two larger sizes so you can see what I am doing with Beach Fog. We are checking out the ON OFF for Fog slider. The instructions say set to 1.0 for Fog. So why have a slider? So I tested down to .25 and believe me, you CAN see a difference- the fog almost disappears. So I tested that halfway point (.50) for us to see if it's useful.

So this is the Parameters> FOG> then the Off/On slider. This is important- WE ARE TESTING A LARGE DISTANCE SETTING. Meaning, the fog gets thick out at 100 meters. You'll see the smaller versions tomorrow where I show you the rest of the set that I started, gradually increasing the Visability-Meters setting. So this really only shows us what that Off / On slider does for DISTANT settings, where the fog doesn't get going full blast (things completely disappear) until 100 meters.

First the .50 then the 1.0 (as stated it should be to use Fog.) Here we go! (I haven't compared these so I'll just let you do it at the same time.) Scroll up and down to keep comparing the two.

EDIT: I right away see a BIG difference in that palm tree trunk and that area. Easiest to spot- LOOK AT THE TRUNK OF THE PALM TREE. The bushes behind it too- the difference in the details you can see. The .50 is a weaker effect. Nice to know if you want subtle.

FIRST PHOTO IS THE .50 OFF/ON so won't have as much fog.
    SECOND IMAGE IS 1.0 OFF/ON
    Distance is 100 meters

beach10.1on_.jpg
    900 x 675 - 236K
    beach10.pt50on_.jpg
    900 x 675 - 236K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2013

I did some EDITS telling you what I spotted. Also, that vegetation group on the left, the furthest thing in the scene- you can tell a difference with that detail too. So the .50 is very handy.

I tested the .25 as a small version, it had almost no fog so not going to go that low. I'll do .35 though as a large one for you and post it here.
    EDIT: Good heavens, don't know what color lights are in this scene, but that's one muddy body for Chiara! Anyway, not changing anything as am testing for fog, not beauty. As you can see, the .35 has no fog with the larger visability setting. (100 meters)

beach10.35on_.jpg
    900 x 675 - 289K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2013

I am going to now test that .50 ON setting using the 62 meter visability. (In other words, alittle more than half that 100 meter distance. We will test both the .50 and the 1.00 settings. It's 3am so check this post later as I won't get them done now. First one is posted below, second one started to render at about 4am. Going to get some sleep.

Visability is going to be 62 meters (instead of 100 meters) for these, so we're checking to see how .50 ON and 1.00 ON do when the fog gets denser faster (closer to the front of the render. The 62 meters means everything out that far is completely enveloped in fog. So it won't wait the 100 meters to get dense.)

In the directions, under "quick tips" it states, "A few settings should not have their limits changed: Off - On switches..."
    So just to point out I am doing a "no-no." The setting of 1.0 is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE CHANGED for Fog.

First photo: .50 ON setting for 62 meters.
    Second photo: 1.0 ON setting (the correct one for all Fog) for 62 meters.

beach5.1on_.jpg
    900 x 675 - 219K
    beach5.50on_.jpg
    900 x 675 - 219K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2013

Note- the two fog renders for 62 meters have been added a minute ago. They were edits so wouldn't show up to subscribers.
    Well, the .50 ON/OFF setting (which is advised not to do) still gets Cassini in the fog, it's just a less dense version as expected.
    To refresh your memory, here is the first set testing the fog out to 62 meters.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19756/P1320/#413413

Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited August 2013

Novica said:
    barbult said:
    The island is from Tropical Bundle http://www.daz3d.com/tropical-bundle
    The ship is the USS Arizona from Schell's Armour works http://www.schells.ca/index.php?page=proving_ground

I have that bundle. That other site is amazing- I do note it is Poser only (from what I saw) If anyone is interested in military themes, check that out. Details look amazing and there were good discounts/ sale items. Barbult- if you've done anymore of this type, would love to see them, fog or no fog lol!
    It may say Poser only, but I rendered in DS 4.5 or 4.6 (don't remember what I had when I did that one). I may have tweaked surface settings on the ship in DS. The level of detail is great. Zoom in. Do you see the tiny little sailors on the ship? (Tiny only because I rendered such a far off view.)

Post edited by barbult on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Novica said:
    barbult said:
    The island is from Tropical Bundle http://www.daz3d.com/tropical-bundle
    The ship is the USS Arizona from Schell's Armour works http://www.schells.ca/index.php?page=proving_ground

I have that bundle. That other site is amazing- I do note it is Poser only (from what I saw) If anyone is interested in military themes, check that out. Details look amazing and there were good discounts/ sale items. Barbult- if you've done anymore of this type, would love to see them, fog or no fog lol!

It may say Poser only, but I rendered in DS 4.5 or 4.6 (don't remember what I had when I did that one). I may have tweaked surface settings on the ship in DS. The level of detail is great. Zoom in. Do you see the tiny little sailors on the ship? (Tiny only because I rendered such a far off view.)

I didn't notice that until you mentioned it! Cool. Sometimes I wish the forums would allow us to post true size. Some of the images are so much more interesting when we can see the details!

edited August 2013

Here is another kit bashed character and one of my favorites.

This is Klyd. He is a fan art character from a science fiction series I like to read.

What is challenging about Klyd is he has 6 easypose tentacles imbedded in each forearm with a torus object primitive parented to them to resemble a tentacle sheath all resurfaced and shrunk down to fit and parented to an invisible sphere embedded in his forearm.. (He is a sime and Simes have 6 on each forearm. They are a kind of mutant human). His features and body are custom dialed to have the look I want.

Klyd is wearing:

Sold at daz

Super Cape for Genesiswith possible texture set below interior instead of yellow (Fabricator helped here).
    http://www.daz3d.com/super-cape-for-genesis

Hero vs. Anti-hero(I believe I used a texture here)
    http://www.daz3d.com/hero-vs-anti-hero

Corsair for M5 and Genesis
    http://www.daz3d.com/corsair-for-m5-and-genesis

pants and boots the pants made blue to match the shirt. (Color matched in diffuse).

Forest Prince skin with a diffuse and lip shine toned down.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forest-prince

Eyes, are dark ones from a different set. I'm blanking though, I'd have to pull up the file to look.

Pure Hair Classic
    http://www.daz3d.com/pure-hair-classic

Content Paradise:
    Tentacle from evil Innocence at content paradise.
    shirt from Content Paradise by Yanelis3d- re-colored. simes wear only short sleeves and it was really tough to find one that fit his look for men that wasn't a tank)

Problem is, since I have upgraded to 4.6 and added the sheaths and lateral tentacles the character and my computer do not play well together. Load time is agonizing. I may have to remove some of the sheaths and resort to post working them in like I used to do. =-)

Anyway, this is another picture example of something you can Kit Bash together.

Klydv12.2_.jpg
    913 x 913 - 777K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited August 2013

Here is the sci-fi vehicle of the day.

It is AIR BIKE.
    http://www.daz3d.com/air-bike

Another awesome little Ride by Petipet, DAZ3d

What is really cool about airbike, aside from the general cool way it renders, is the little jets. You can turn them on and off, and pose them to be at an angle. They can be manipulated around to look like the vehicle is landing or on the move. The car has a nice dash console inside which you can see in the blue render.

The poses are for gen 4 so you may have to tweak them to fit a gen 5 character, but it isn't too hard. Textures look good when rendered with simple light sets.

Tutairbike2.jpg
    1140 x 997 - 768K
    Tutairbike1.jpg
    800 x 900 - 203K
  • edited December 1969

Here is another kit bashed character and one of my favorites.

This is Klyd. He is a fan art character from a science fiction series I like to read.

What is challenging about Klyd is he has 6 easypose tentacles imbedded in each forearm with a torus object primitive parented to them to resemble a tentacle sheath all resurfaced and shrunk down to fit and parented to an invisible sphere embedded in his forearm.. (He is a sime and Simes have 6 on each forearm. They are a kind of mutant human). His features and body are custom dialed to have the look I want.

Klyd is wearing:

Sold at daz

Super Cape for Genesiswith possible texture set below interior instead of yellow (Fabricator helped here).
    http://www.daz3d.com/super-cape-for-genesis

Hero vs. Anti-hero(I believe I used a texture here)
    http://www.daz3d.com/hero-vs-anti-hero

Corsair for M5 and Genesis
    http://www.daz3d.com/corsair-for-m5-and-genesis

pants and boots the pants made blue to match the shirt. (Color matched in diffuse).

Forest Prince skin with a diffuse and lip shine toned down.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forest-prince

Eyes, are dark ones from a different set. I'm blanking though, I'd have to pull up the file to look.

Pure Hair Classic
    http://www.daz3d.com/pure-hair-classic

Content Paradise:
    Tentacle from evil Innocence at content paradise.
    shirt from Content Paradise by Yanelis3d- re-colored. simes wear only short sleeves and it was really tough to find one that fit his look for men that wasn't a tank)

Problem is, since I have upgraded to 4.6 and added the sheaths and lateral tentacles the character and my computer do not play well together. Load time is agonizing. I may have to remove some of the sheaths and resort to post working them in like I used to do. =-)

Anyway, this is another picture example of something you can Kit Bash together.

Nice render. I hope you can find a solution for the tentacles...
    edited August 2013

To refresh your memory, here is the first set testing the fog out to 62 meters.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19756/P1320/#413413

Reminder: the visability setting (the meters) is where objects are completely wrapped in fog. It's much harder to see any differences in these compared to when the figures near the front gradually got "clearer." The vegetation in the very back is coming in a little better.

Next, testing saturation. I want to see the "up close" visability settings (the 28.09 meters, etc) with saturation upped from 100% to 150% NOTE THE SATURATION IS NOT FOG SATURATION- it will increase the colors.

Beach Fog Tests

Photo 1: 72.12 Meters

Photo 2: 82.31 Meters

Photo 3: 92.49 Meters

Photo 4: 102 Meters (turned limits off)

beach10.jpg
    400 x 300 - 57K
    beach9.jpg
    400 x 300 - 57K
    beach8.jpg
    400 x 300 - 56K
    beach7.jpg
    400 x 300 - 55K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19756/P1320/#413424 is Barbult's Arizona render.

You know, I saw the little dudes on the railing at the front of the ship (because I always click to enlarge) but I have to admit the ones on the upper decks escaped my notice! That's IS great attention to detail, definitely agree! It's nice to know it doesn't have to be Poser. I was an Army Lieutenant at the time I visited the Arizona memorial in Hawaii- hauntingly respectful out in the water. From the article below, I read that the 7 windows are for the date of the attack, the 7th of December. And check this article- the memorial was almost scrapped due to cost- read how they funded it- good for them! (Elvis Presley helped! And remember, back then, $64,000 was a lot more than it is today. The entire federal funds was about $150,000)

Interesting facts:
    *The second ship bell is in the tower of the Student Memorial Center at the University of Arizona in Tucson.

*There is a small plaque bearing the names of the 30+ crew members who survived but chose to have a canister containing their ashes interred within the wreck so they could be with their fellow servicemen. Any surviving crew members of the Arizona can have this honor.

*Oil is STILL leaking from the Arizona. It is called "tears of the Arizona" or "black tears." It is monitored for impacts on the environment.

Worth reading!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Arizona_Memorial

arizona2.jpg
    1701 x 1257 - 304K
    arizona.jpg
    1942 x 1458 - 218K
    edited August 2013

DAZ'S STUPID CLOUDFARE IS SCRAMBLING IMAGES AGAIN. Note the order below- the 200% is in the middle.

Next, testing saturation. I want to see a few of the "up close" visability settings (the 28.09 meters, etc) with saturation upped from 100% to 150% Saturation is color saturation, not fog density. It will increase the colors.

I am not testing all of the previous ones, only a select few. I've decided to test the same distances at both 150% and 200%. I'll show the original at 100%.

Beach Fog Tests

Photo 1: 28.09 Meters at 100% color saturation

Photo 2: 28.09 Meters at 200% color saturation

Photo 3: 28.09 Meters at 150% color saturation

beach1.200sat_.jpg
    400 x 300 - 47K
    beach1.150sat_.jpg
    400 x 300 - 46K
    beach1.jpg
    400 x 300 - 45K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2013

Klyd is your best one so far IMO. The hands look so good! That outfit came together really well, I like the inside of the cloak because that pale color doesn't distract but yet adds a "flowing" feel like a cape should. Do you remember the background? It's very detailed in the photo. Also curious about the blonde hair blowing back in Air Bike. That looks like a fun get-about vehicle- and a perfect size. Not too cumbersome for smaller scenes, but sturdy. I also tend to like red vehicles :) And yellow. (But not yellow tail logos, lol)

EDIT: BTW, people should also note the ANGLE of the Air Bike scene. Look at the horizon. Tilt your camera and make it interesting.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Klyd is your best one so far IMO. The hands look so good! That outfit came together really well, I like the inside of the cloak because that pale color doesn't distract but yet adds a "flowing" feel like a cape should. Do you remember the background? It's very detailed in the photo. Also curious about the blonde hair blowing back in Air Bike. That looks like a fun get-about vehicle- and a perfect size. Not too cumbersome for smaller scenes, but sturdy. I also tend to like red vehicles :) And yellow. (But not yellow tail logos, lol)

EDIT: BTW, people should also note the ANGLE of the Air Bike scene. Look at the horizon. Tilt your camera and make it interesting.

The hair on the blonde is Gregoria Hair sold here at DAZ. It is very versatile and there are a number of movement morphs.

http://www.daz3d.com/gregoria-hair

Thank you for the comments about klyd. =-) I admit, I am a total Klyd fangirl and I have many pictures of him.=-) Klyd is a copyrighted character, so this is pure fan art, not my original idea, just my interpretation of how he might look..

Klyd's backdrop is from Among the Trees, a backdrop set by Didi_MC on rederosity.

My goal is to eventually get a machine robust enough to do forest renders and make my own backdrops with carrara. But I cannot really run carrara on my rig, even though it is pretty high-end for a notebook

I hope to get the problem with Klyd's tents fixed, but I'm not sure how to do it. IT is probably a memory issue... But I'm not sure. . I also hope to be able to update him to Gen 6 when M6 is released. M5, has some problems, and I'm hoping M6 will add a new level of realism and improve some of his shape issues.

edited August 2013

Beach Fog And Vignette Summary
    The forums keep scrambling images so I've had to group these in Corel Draw- and they can't go past 2000 pixels wide so these are slightly smaller. Don't worry, you need to follow the CONCEPTS and I am rendering a large one for you now of what I recommend based on playing with these.

Things to keep in mind-
    The threshold setting when using Vignette affects the contrast of the items in the frame only. Don't get that confused with the fog. It is set on 25% default, I tested and liked it at 10% to be subtle. Either is good.

The MAIN thing to test is under Color- the Saturation setting can be used to darken figures and props without bringing color back in, if it's low enough. You'll see the ones below tested Saturation at 37.0 and 5.0, then I took it back up to 15.0. The difference was the Saturation IN COMBINATION WITH CHANGING THE COLORIZE. The colorize is your fog. All of this was done testing a darker fog, so note when I change it to a lighter Colorize. When I lightened the fog (Colorize) then I was able to increase the Saturation to darken the figures and get the contrast back. So think Saturize=contrast if you keep it low enough so the colors don't come into play.

So the Colorize is 210/205/180, the Saturation went from 37% to 5% with the dark fog, then I lightened the fog and increased the Saturation to 15%. That is rendering now as the big image, and it is the last one shown in the groups. Hope this has helped you. You can tweak the Vignette edges, they were all left at Vignette Strength 50.4 soft 100, width and height 1.50, threshold 25%.(The defaults- but note where I changed the threshold to 10% below, which softened the contrast of the items IN THE FRAME/BORDER only.)

I wanted an old fashioned look so the colorize of 210/205/180 was deliberately brownish gray.
    Enjoy- large render coming in now, will be several hours. It looks good for a doodle and these settings will be a great place for you to start. I hope I've saved you at least a couple hours of experimenting :)

Recommended starting point: Color>Contrast 0 (or you can get artifacts), Saturation 15%, Colorize-a LIGHT color, Fog On 1.0, Visability meters test from 28 meters out, Color fog-almost white. And the defaults for Vignette but test strength of 50% and threshold 10% together and see how you like it.

THE FORUMS ARE REVERSING THE IMAGES AGAIN. THE FIRST TWO GO LAST, THEY SHOW THE BEST RESULTS.

beachFogGrp2.jpg
    2000 x 750 - 471K
    beachFogGrp1.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 218K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

The large size just finished. Here it is with the saturation at 15%, the lightened Colorize of 210/205/180, white fog color, 10% vignette threshold, vignette strength 50.4%

beachFinal.jpg
    900 x 675 - 198K
    edited December 1969

Here is the saturation tested at 71.3%, with a light blue for the colorize to get it away from being a vintage type render. The blue tested was 244/253/255

beachG.jpg
    900 x 675 - 205K
    edited August 2013

Here's the large render and cranked up the saturation to 170%. . I want this side by side with the previous one so you can compare. you can take the saturation to 200% and then extend the parameters by using the little cog. Reminder- the Saturation is for the colors, not how dense the fog is.

Keep in mind, this is with the visibility at 28 meters for all of these last ones, so the fog sets in fast. :)
    EDIT: Someone PM'd me about the lighting, as it was not a bright scene. The main light is a distant light at only 40%, and it's a light to medium light pink. 255/243/234 There are other lights on the gals, including a distant light, light blue on the left at 80% and one on the right at 465 that matches the one from the front.

beachH.jpg
    900 x 675 - 211K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2013

Those really are turning out nice. Thanks for showing those. I like the tinted looking ones. They have a nice semi-sepia color and look like old timely photos

edited August 2013

So I am doodling with the lighting because as you know, this was just a quickie test the fog thing. I really didn't need to have great lighting to do it (and certainly didn't, did I?!) It was pretty dark. So I did a five minute tweak and changed it up to see if we could get a better feel for this fog/vignette thing.

One thing I can tell you- leave that CONTRAST thing alone, or change it slightly. I did not get artifacts (which the vendor mentioned if you change some of these settings you might) but what it did was weird. You know how when you spot render, the way it looks where it's spotted vs where it isn't? That's how it rendered, with a darker square area around both Chiara and Cassini. WOW! So, contrast is back to 0, which is the same as the default DAZ camera setting, and it's staying there lol.

It's rendering so I can't get to all my settings, but let me say I think you'll like this. Here's what I can see, and I'll add the rest after rendering.

First, turn up your EDIT: SATURATION to 200% (or more) The two hundred is the highest setting without changing the parameters. I can see going higher. (I might try it.) I like the way the colors turned out.

Leave contrast to 0. The fog color is that light blue used before- 237/245/246
    THE VISABILITY was increased from our 28 meter setting to 41.15 Vignette settings remained the same, it's at 50% strength, etc.

I will post both the Beach Fog render, AND the way it looks in the viewport. Why? You're going to have to get a different "feel" of the lights before rendering to allow for things to lighten. I want you to see what I was dealing with after tweak, tweak, tweak (dulling down all lights- every single one of them!) Maybe it will give you a better starting point.

To show you what a difference you can make with these fog renders, I quickly Corel Photo Painted and gave Chiara a tan (and I do mean quick, so it's not perfect) Look at the detail in the table when I intensified/darkened the scene. So you can really change the scene up! I'll post these two then add the details via editing.

These are with my new light setup, remember.

beachJviewport.jpg
    2000 x 1507 - 1M
    beachJALTERED.jpg
    900 x 675 - 304K
    beachJ.jpg
    900 x 675 - 247K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Nice render. I hope you can find a solution for the tentacles...[/

Hey thanks. :-) I hope I get it figured out too. I'm working on it. Welcome to the forums. =-)

edited August 2013

Well, Carrara 8.5 Pro is out. If you have the previous version you get an additional 50%, so in the cart it's $87.00 off. In other words, comes to $87.00 I don't know who would pay $500 plus though- that's ridiculous.

One thing to keep an eye on- Larsen's store is 40% (I know, not 50% or 60%) but while you're there, look at that bungalow. I have all of Larsen's products currently in the store, I'll start playing and show you some of them.

http://www.daz3d.com/oversea-bungalow is of course my favorite (but I haven't done any of them) because it's tropical, I'm a Florida gal, and I adore tropical. So I'll get you some peeks at that one. (Screenshots) Look at the thumbnails, that outside deck has a jacuzzi :)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2013

Oversea Bungalow
    http://www.daz3d.com/oversea-bungalow

This set is FUN! Wow, so many decks. Chiara is sporting my pattern on her swimsuit- there are a lot of pattern sites and you just put the image in the diffuse (in Surfaces tab) and away you go!

Just doing screenshots so you can get this in a timely manner, and I can't tie up my studio doing large sets. I've got my own projects to do (like L'atedolce Opus to finish) But Larsen is on sale so you need to see these to get the gist of this set.

Chiara was near World Center. When the set came in, she was slightly outside the large round balcony. I moved her inside the doors, for your reference in the photos.

bung5.jpg
    1745 x 1400 - 246K
    bung4.jpg
    1942 x 1492 - 264K
    bung3.jpg
    2000 x 1284 - 333K
    bung2.jpg
    1767 x 1366 - 290K
    bung1.jpg
    1640 x 1050 - 286K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Okay, I moved Chiara straight forward. She's in the next room that would be one up from where she was. These are all shots from that room. The blue wall would be behind her, the window and door in front of her as she looks forward. The door is behind her by her right hand. The room is small, would need to be scaled probably.

This is kinda fun- like buying a new house. I'm exploring WITH you. I just zoomed out and that room leads to the jacuzzi deck. It's like, "OH! Wow, look at that!"

So it's 40% right now, at least you know what it looks like so far as room structure now.

bung10.jpg
    2000 x 1273 - 356K
    bung9.jpg
    2000 x 1269 - 384K
    bung8.jpg
    1999 x 1289 - 281K
    bung7.jpg
    1995 x 1287 - 315K
    bung6.jpg
    2000 x 1361 - 297K
    edited December 1969

So I couldn't resist, here's the "jacuzzi deck."

bung14.jpg
    2000 x 1288 - 348K
    bung13.jpg
    2000 x 1279 - 276K
    bung12.jpg
    2000 x 1302 - 334K
    bung11.jpg
    2000 x 1272 - 389K
    edited December 1969

I like the bamboo on that bungalow. The Jacuzzi looks awesome.

edited December 1969

This is very cool little bot. It is

CAMBOT

http://www.daz3d.com/cambot

He is the perfect companion for your sci-fi render, or if you just happen to need a bot in your scene.
    The bot is easy to pose, and setup, and it renders well in most any scene. I am always impressed with Stonemason's
    work, but these high resolution textures are gorgeous.

It has a number of nice color options, poseable legs, and parts.

You can easily light him up with Just an orange point set out slightly ahead of its main camera lens.

Picture number 1.

Just to show how cool he looks, with a backdrop NK Punks by Nakatoni from Rendo

Picture number 2

Cambot does mail delivery now. Who would've thought? I found it easy to bend the forearm up like this by unlocking the parameter dial and giving the arm a higher degree of twist since the arm only wanted to go up so far.

sarge35.jpg
    997 x 997 - 546K
    cambot.jpg
    700 x 700 - 523K
    edited August 2013

How are you noticing these little gems? I've been through that store so many times and didn't see this little bot. I don't think he'd fit in too well at my Oversea Bungalow though, lol, might freak out the sea gull. (I don't think Chiara would mind, she's pretty adventurous. Sultry, sophisticated, but fun loving at heart. She'd probably invite it into the jacuzzi!)

Oversea Bungalow
    I'm playing around with uneven lighting, so kept the lower part of her legs in shadow and also the right side. Will try more typical lighting, etc. This is the deck straight up from the jacuzzi.

One comment so far- I don't like that the lounger doesn't bend. It is what it is. Makes it more difficult for posing. Since Chiara is raising up to reach for the bird, it isn't a problem, and the laying down poses probably won't be either, but I would like loungers that bend in the middle.

Men might swoon for Chiara, but the sea gull isn't responding.

chiaraGullJasmin4.jpg
    1500 x 900 - 1M
    chiaraGullJasmin3.jpg
    1500 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

hah hah! I

I think I first saw cambot in that promo art Stonemason had for his cryo chamber.

Love the seagull and the nice lighting.

Too bad the lounger didn't open. It is the little things that can really make something easier to pose. Had the same trouble finding a book that opened and shut for poor sarge. They all lay flat probably to pose on a table, but that doesn't look so well on a lap.

edited December 1969

I just posted a second image right below it, used a distant light to get it a bit more balanced, increased the lighting on the gull and of course the legs. Newbies- note her outstretched arm- the main reason for the fill light (distant light) is to get a bit of light on that arm, in addition to the entire scene. It was 34.9% and a pale peach. Spotlight on her legs was 51%, pale peachy yellow, spotlight on the chair that was brought in was 47%, Spotlight on gulls back 55%. I'm still playing.

This discussion has been closed.