Altern8 Girl 8 (Released) [Commercial]

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
edited October 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

I have teamed up with the super creative Llynara to bring you guys a new product that we hope you guys will like - Altern8 Girl 8! 

Altern8 Girl 8 provides a wider variety of customization options for Girl 8 and your Genesis 8 Female characters. Altern8 Girl 8 comes with 14 skin tones, 15 face shape presets, 14 eye color settings, 10 fingernail colors, 10 toenail colors, 6 fingernail and toenail shine settings - with skin and lip shine settings and makeup presets that have been set up to be usable with other Genesis 8 Female and Genesis 3 Female characters. Altern8 Girl 8 also comes with 12 poses (and 12 mirror poses) for Girl 8.

14 included Skin Shaders have been provided and set up based on the 14 Altern8 Girl 8 Skin Material Settings - these shaders provide the option to use the Altern8 Girl 8's settings on other Genesis 8 Female and Genesis 3 Female characters. An additional 18 Skin Warmth Adjustment Shaders and 15 Skin Shine Adjustment Shaders have also been included - providing the option to adjust the skin warmth and skin shine of any Genesis 8 Female and Genesis 3 Female character's skin.

Llynara and I worked hard on this product and we hope that you guys enjoy it! :)

Post edited by 3Diva on

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

Oh wow! This looks good smileyheart

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Lotsa stuff in here! I have Girl 8, but if I use her, I dial out the toon and try to keep the cute. But I liked the way the 15 different face morphs changed Girl 8, and I thought, "Wow, I wish I had morphs like that for non-toon characters." And then I get to the promo image with the face morphs applied to G8F, and I must say, they really do the trick. Far too many full face morph sets do so little to G8F that she still just looks like another version of her vanilla base self, but these morphs---each of them---give a fairly distinct personality to G8F, and I think they would be just what I need when my dial twisting needs that one extra je ne sais quoi to make the character look real/complete.

Please post the promo image with Faces 8-15 on G8F; so I can salivate some more.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

We had so much fun working on this product. And what Diva did with the skin settings is amazing! 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

thanks, I look forward to seeing it in the store

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    xyer0 said:

Lotsa stuff in here! I have Girl 8, but if I use her, I dial out the toon and try to keep the cute. But I liked the way the 15 different face morphs changed Girl 8, and I thought, "Wow, I wish I had morphs like that for non-toon characters." And then I get to the promo image with the face morphs applied to G8F, and I must say, they really do the trick. Far too many full face morph sets do so little to G8F that she still just looks like another version of her vanilla base self, but these morphs---each of them---give a fairly distinct personality to G8F, and I think they would be just what I need when my dial twisting needs that one extra je ne sais quoi to make the character look real/complete.

Please post the promo image with Faces 8-15 on G8F; so I can salivate some more.

The Altern8 Girl 8 product has seven full face morphs - those are shown on the G8F promo. The rest of the Face Shape Presets are mixes of the different morphs to give different shaping presets and face shapes.

I'm glad you like what you see so far! We had a lot of fun making this and hope that it's something others have fun with as well! :)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Got it. So the rest of the Face Shape presets are one-click only, or do they have ERC morph dials?

xyer0 said:

Got it. So the rest of the Face Shape presets are one-click only, or do they have ERC morph dials?

The rest are one click Shape Presets - but of course, they can be adjusted with the sliders in the Shaping Tab. :)

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

Will wait on this until I see some renders with the darker skins especially the details of the sole of the feet and the palms of the hands. 

Will wait on this until I see some renders with the darker skins especially the details of the sole of the feet and the palms of the hands. 

She's a toon character and her skin isn't as detailed as non-toon characters. All the skin presets use the Girl 8 skin maps.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    edited October 2018

oh ok, a couple of the girl characters have pretty detailed skin though

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

She's a toon character and her skin isn't as detailed as non-toon characters. All the skin presets use the Girl 8 skin maps.

Thanks for the info. I never use the Girl or toon figures, so i gather this wouldn't work for me, correct?

edited October 2018

Thanks for the info. I never use the Girl or toon figures, so i gather this wouldn't work for me, correct?

The product is made for Girl 8 and requires Girl 8 to load the materials presets. It to does come with 14 skin shader presets, 18 SSS shaders, 15 skin shine shaders that can be used on any G3 or G8 character and it comes with 7 face shape morphs that can be used on other G8F characters. It also comes with 12 poses and 12 mirror poses that can be used on G8 characters (might require minor adjustments on some of them depending on the G8 character's shape). So yes, there is stuff there for people even if they don't use the Girl 8 - however, the product was designed around the Girl 8 and, again, the materials presets (not the shaders) require the Girl 8 mats.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

Thanks for the info Diva! yes

• Insta-buy.

I chickened out on the Girl 8 pro bundle and just got the figure at release, now find myself lacking for variety on faces a little. This should amend that and then some with tones too.

Well done, Divamakeup and Llynara

Insta-buy.

I chickened out on the Girl 8 pro bundle and just got the figure at release, now find myself lacking for variety on faces a little. This should amend that and then some with tones too.

Well done, Divamakeup and Llynara

Awesome! Thank you for the support - I hope you like the product. :) I set up and included a couple of fun presets for the bonus content folder that I hope you guys will like as well.

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883
    edited October 2018

Such a great product. 

Can't remember which skintone I used, but I set it to medium, also used facepreset, make-up, nails , pose (minor adjustment) and eyes.

Edit : don't mind the white line down her arm. Nothing to do with your product, it happened in postwork and I just saw it now

friendorfoe.jpg
    1600 x 1244 - 329K
    Post edited by Ferretmania on

@ferretmania That's a gorgeous render! The lighting here really compliments the skin! 

Such a great product. 

Can't remember which skintone I used, but I set it to medium, also used facepreset, make-up, nails , pose (minor adjustment) and eyes.

Edit : don't mind the white line down her arm. Nothing to do with your product, it happened in postwork and I just saw it now

Wow! That's so lovely!! Great render! 

I'm so glad you like the product! 

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Ok, so bought both of these the other day but haven’t really had a chance to post and upload my pics, the pictures are the same aside the first has the Darker Skined Girl8 Alternate tone and the other is just Vladimir no Altern8 and I used one of the vignette light sets from your guys new light set :)

9135F92F-B915-4EC6-A366-220116E60859.jpeg
    945 x 990 - 282K
    6FDE86E3-E969-4861-A814-A038D1B41606.jpeg
    945 x 990 - 287K
  • Thank you Llynara and Divamakeup :) 

• Hi,

Thank you for Altern8 Girl 8! My test render used a mix of cartoonized morphs, Girl 8 and Aiko 8 along with Altern8. Love the results!

Trish

I like her, StormLyght! She looks like a sci fi pixie. heart

FYI- Altern8 for Girl 8 is back on sale this weekend as part of the catch up sale!