How do I scroll through multitude objects in a scene?

I can't remember what to use to scroll through plenty objects in a scene. blush

I have thousands of parts in a large scene but want to delete some parts but it's not easy to reach the specific ones.  I know there is a way but forgot how to.  Is it do do with cntr, shift, or what?

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

If you click in the general area while also pressing the 'CNTR' button, it will give you a list of all objects under the cursor. You can then move the mouse down the list to the component you need and select it.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,117

You can also select any object and then toggle to the next with the TAB key.

• launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited November 2018

If you click in the general area while also pressing the 'CNTR' button, it will give you a list of all objects under the cursor. You can then move the mouse down the list to the component you need and select it.

Yes, I have tried that but the thing is some models have not proper names for the parts, i.e. list of parts are all named the same and then it's difficult to choose the exact part especially if there are quite a lot of parts.  The tab key as Horo suggests work.

I want to show you a screen shot of an example of list pressing Cntr key but when I press snipping tool the list with names menu in Bryce disappear instantly.  How can one share a screenshot in Windows 7 of Bryce interface and menus using? There should be a way for people writing tutorials.  Alt+Printscreen which I have used with older Windows versions seems not to work.

Post edited by launok on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,117

Just [PrintScreen] gets all that is on all screens (if you have more than one). [Alt]+[PrintScreen] captures the main screen and the [Alt] key closes open pop-ups. [AltGr]+[PrintScreen] (or [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[PrintScreen]) just captures the open pop-up. (Win 7)

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited November 2018

Yes, that is the problem with some imported models... I tend to rename each one as I tweak it's materials to make it Bryce friendly... It's time consuming and Sketchup models are the worst for it as sometimes each individual component is made up from 24 mesh objects, like you say, all with the same name making a complex model hundreds of different bits of mesh.

I also try to give each material it's own family colour so that future editing is much easier.

Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198

Is this what you are looking for ?

Cheers GG

Screenshot 1.png
    554 x 471 - 276K
    screenshot 2.png
    566 x 541 - 187K