DAZ Studio Takes over Computer

Is it just me, or does anyone else run into times where it seems that when Studio is rendering in IRAY, it seems to take over the computer?  Even if I bring up something as simple as note pad, my keystrokes are delayed before they appear on the screen.

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

If using Windows then open the Task manager and under Processes right click on the running DAZStudio.exe and Set Priority to Below Normal.

• It usually works better if you change the affinity instead and limit the number of CPU cores it can use.

And if you use Windows 10 it's not process/Right click, you have to go to the Details tab/right click there.

• edited November 2018

It usually works better if you change the affinity instead and limit the number of CPU cores it can use.

And if you use Windows 10 it's not process/Right click, you have to go to the Details tab/right click there.

How do you change the number of CPU cores?

Never mind, found it

Post edited by cheznous2029_28ab1adedc on
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

This is one of the reasons I still kept my old computer when I built my current rendering rig. :) I can let The Beast do it's thing and use the older model for general computing tasks.