It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Hmm, what'd I miss? :P

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hmm, what'd I miss? :P
    Everything! Now get caught up, you will be tested.
    edited December 1969

Even if I live 100 more years, I still wouldn't know everything. :P

edited December 1969

You better get started then. :-P

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Brilliant, it's nearly 2:30am, the police have just left and Daniel is nowhere to be seen. One of his friends phone me and told me Daniel was threatening to throw himself into traffic because of some girl he isn't getting very far with.

As if that's not enough, the parents of the girl involved are apparently on the bring of reporting Daniel as a stalker.

I really need a new family!

edited December 1969

Barry, I'll be your new son and you can spoil me. :D

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I take a nap, come back, and what the heck is going on?

First, LOH is back with us. Yippeeee! Missed you. So you want to be adopted by BBS? That would mean darting on Friday nights. Hmmm, I want to be adopted too.

edited December 1969

Can't you just put Daniel in the military until he grows up? Being a parent is a hard job.

Just a side thought, did anyone at the hospital check your step-daughter for endometriosis?

edited December 1969

Cosmic Cube is not even in my dreams right now. I just want my second cube. I don't have cute cats to post about. Would you like to hear about my 2 royal Hawaaian dogs?

Somedays I just read the forums and pass on by because I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said. I better get another cup of coffee after that sentence.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Daniel phoned, he's at his friend's house, not too far away. Still doesn't want to come home yet, I suspect he thinks we're going to have a go at him.

I wanna be adopted! And I don't play darts any more, I got fed up of losing!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

Daniel phoned, he's at his friend's house, not too far away. Still doesn't want to come home yet, I suspect he thinks we're going to have a go at him.

Hey Barry I used to belong to several Dart teams. The Landlord of the pub we used regulalry (so our local reall) decided that when he totally refurbished the Pub and restaraunt that he would put in a super duper Dart area, Great, led of the saloon bar, sort of semi self contained, but still part of the bar, and really great because you could get a good clean throw without some walking past you or across the oche to go to the Loo, *I am sure you know what I mean.He also decided that as he had a restaraunt then the refreshments offered to visinting dart teams would be prepared by the chefs, not just your common or garden sandwiches. So we got chicken huggets and roast tatties and all sorts of other goodies like that.

THe long and the short of it was that we won the "Wooden Spoon" award at the end of our first season as a team, and won it by quite a large margin, and continued to defend our reputation and keep the award, which was displayed quite prominently across the top of the entrance to the dart area.

So the motto of this story is this "dare to be different" make the most of what you have, so we celebrated not having won a game all season by being immensely proud of having been given an award to prove that we were useless at darts.

BTW Despite our reputation as the worst dart team in the league, we were also voted the dart venue most people liked visitng the most, but got quite upset because in the end we were dropped to 2nd, as the PTB who ran the league thought it was not quite de rigour that we were voted best in this field because of our food, not the standard of our darts playing.
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

the internet is so slow now, (Saturday night)
    it is too cold outside my room
    my day got disrupted by suicidal neighbour when I was working on something and I had to leave my computer, lost all enthusiasum
    no-one posting anything
    my YouTube upload taking forever.
    have to go to work early tomorrow arvo when I just KNOW it will be nice and sunny!
    rains all the time otherwise.
    was nice and sunny today when I had to leave my house! WAS going to do my washing, too late now.
    (unless I peg it out in the dark for tomorrow, bloody cold out there!!!)
    got 3 warm cats cuddled against me in bed.

edited December 1969

I hope you both have a go at him. He certainly deserves it. His behavior is absolutely unacceptable.

I can understand why you gave up darts. I gave up bowling when I got so good that I could consistently land my ball in the gutter without ever touching the alley. I had been going weekly, but my scores went down each week.

edited December 1969

Absolutely love the idea of embracing and celebrating being at the bottom, Chohole.

edited December 1969

Yeah, if you've got it flaunt it.

It was a lovely wooden spoon, about 3 foot long, and with a little plaque attached to it for every time you held it.

When I moved from that Area we had 3 little plaques on it, each one saying "The Running Horses". (We had been in the league for 3 years) Not sure what happened after I moved, I am the sort that rarely visits back to old haunts once I leave them. Never once went to a school reunion, or anything like that, despite the fact that even now I am still in touch with my "best friends" from school.

Of course we did have a couple of good dart players in the team, but it didn't help that one of the best players wasn't allowed to play in most of the pubs we visited on away matches, having been barred from them :roll:

edited June 2012

Nice to see the thread in use again. Barry I would recommend Homicide but I'm not sure how good you are at the CSI type stuff. So I will recommend what here in the States are called a Bootcamp. They are places trouble kids get sent to learn some discipline. My brother sent one of my nieces to one and she was nice and pleasant until she got out on her own. After that she became Heck on wheels again but the police get to deal with her now, and do.

I could not play darts to save my life, I can't shoot pool either. I stick to board games now. Much easier on the ego to admit defeat to superior brains than to skill. For me any way.

I'm just in from the clinic, I'm waiting to see what today will be like. The after effects have not kicked in yet.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Hey do you all want to see what Frank has been up to, when he was busy working.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3174/

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Hey do you all want to see what Frank has been up to, when he was busy working.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3174/
    Love it!! Must have it!! Is Frank okay? I was not sure who was posting today/yesterday.

I really love that set Frank! ;-)
    edited December 1969

Is Carrara 8.5 out yet? I didn't want to mess with Genesis until it's compatible with Carrara. Which, admittedly, is one of the reasons I haven't been around -- in addition to not being able to find my serial number for Photoshop, so I can move the program to my laptop.

edited December 1969

Is Carrara 8.5 out yet? I didn't want to mess with Genesis until it's compatible with Carrara. Which, admittedly, is one of the reasons I haven't been around -- in addition to not being able to find my serial number for Photoshop, so I can move the program to my laptop.
    Nope! It will be a BIG annoucement when it goes live.

This tell's me you are not studing, you will never pass your test.

Hi Jacob! Be well. :)
    edited December 1969

But Uncle Jeff, I'm reading a book. I'm still a good boy, right?

edited December 1969

As long as you are reading something it counts. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

has it got pictures?
    that fold out?
    I know %-P you are studying skin textures and lighting

edited December 1969

What would it be like if we could imagine things and fold out the images from our heads? Maybe people would recognize us as artists then. :P

But no, I have not done any art lately.

edited December 1969

Maybe some people would call us Artist. But I think most people would freak out and scream stuff like...

"Oh my Gosh, that person has a picture folding out of thier head!"
    "Freak!! Your a blanking FREAK! "

and other things along those lines.

Off in my own little world again. :ohh:

edited December 1969

Umm... I'm in trouble. My Pension check came in and DAZ is running a GREAT sale or two. I have bought 48 things so far, AND I WANT MORE!!

Someone please freeze my account!!! Pretty please.... maybe... nevermind... Off to shp again... OOoo... Shiney!

edited July 2012

Jaderail said:
    Umm... I'm in trouble. My Pension check came in and DAZ is running a GREAT sale or two. I have bought 48 things so far, AND I WANT MORE!!

Someone please freeze my account!!! Pretty please.... maybe... nevermind... Off to shp again... OOoo... Shiney!

Jaderail :red:
    I was on my Android tab an hour ago and my 3G not so great, it dropped out and I could not read any posts after initially searching new posts
    read a new post abreiviation by you that I thought said something about your "I'm in trouble, MyPenis check......" :red:
    I know blood supplies to extemities in diabetics can be bad but was unsure about kidney failure
    glad to see I missread %-P
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

We all get that way at times

edited July 2012

First, thank the powers that be you missread Wendy. I never want problems in that part of my anattomiy.
    I'm really happy that the sale and the check worked in my favor, Frank. I would have spent WAY more without the sale.

P.S. Good to see you back Frank, take care.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Anyone know if I can get my photoshop serial online (I did regfister my copy) or within the program?

This discussion has been closed.