Michael 6?

HeraHera Posts: 1,952
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Any news on him?

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I'm hoping soon myself. AS much as I like gen 6 females, I prefer the male characters.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2013

Hopefully NEXT! lol I love the gen6 females, I think they're fantastic :cheese: in fact, the last few months all I've bought has been females and their stuff.... The males, however, seem sadly neglected and having a large cast of male characters, its disappointing for me that we haven't even got the G2M base figure with his head/body morphs.

I've anxiously waited to upgrade my many characters to make use of the Gen6 improvements seen in G2F. - While its been great getting so many wonderful G2F characters/packs, I feel a little excluded from the market. 8-/

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

I agree! My males need an update, and I'm always looking for new content and poses.

I just hope there will be as many pose sets as have been released for gen 6 females released for the ladies. Yeah, I know I can dream.

In general I think releasing a male product will provide a nice break from the ongoing female products.

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

I am sure he will show up eventually, but not until they have exhausted every female option first ;)

• Kyu2130Kyu2130 Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

yeah, i think Girl 6 is next on the list.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Female base figures first has always been the way. I'm hoping for M6 before A6 but I'm not really expecting it.

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    edited December 1969

When A6 comes out that is definite buy for me.

I just purchased my first male product set, Michael 5 suite this evening for some renders lacking male content. I must say for a product that is not gen 6 the Michael 5 suite absolutely rocks. What prompted me to buy it, was when placed the default male genesis in my scene and the guy was just plain flat... No nipples, no gens, hardly any materials to work with.. So when I bought M5 Suite I was absolutely wow'ed when I loaded him into my scene. So, whatever improvements are to be made in gen 6 male product, in my opinion is going to have steep climb to overcome high standard of excellence and quality, found in Michael 5 suite.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Female base figures first has always been the way. I'm hoping for M6 before A6 but I'm not really expecting it.

Though Michael always came directly after Victoria. I guess we were spoiled when Genesis1 released, from day one we could create male characters.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

If I had to guess, I would expect Michael 6 early next year. If they're doing things like last time around, you'll get the Michael 6 Pro Bundle for free if you spend a million dollars during this year's PC sale.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Or you might have to wait a couple of years as with the Gen 4 figures.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited August 2013

I think they're deliberately holding him and G2M to release with DS5.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

To what end?

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:

To what end?

Because they can. ;)

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited August 2013

tonymouse said:
    Barubary said:

To what end?

Because they can. ;)

In 2016 mayhaps then....

Post edited by Hera on
    edited December 1969

The marketing department will flip out if/when they realize the only iconic characters left to release are all male ;-P

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    The marketing department will flip out if/when they realize the only iconic characters left to release are all male ;-P

Granting that I think they should've released V6 and M6 simultaneously, I think they should release M6 next (with realistic malegens, we're all artists here), then Aiko6 & Hiro6 simultaneously -- most of the people who use anime figures are illustrating stories, they need both genders.
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Just to be a nit-picking wizenhiemer, they should have releases Genesis 2 Male at the same time as Genesis 2 Female. V6 and (eventual)M6 are character morphs, can't have the characters without the bases.

edited December 1969

I would love the release of genesis 2 male base, and child morphs if any. =-)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Granting that I think they should've released V6 and M6 simultaneously, I think they should release M6 next (with realistic malegens, we're all artists here), then Aiko6 & Hiro6 simultaneously -- most of the people who use anime figures are illustrating stories, they need both genders.
    Granted A6 & H6 are a couple again.
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I imagine it'll go like this:

- Aiko 6
    - Stephanie 6
    - She-Freak 6
    - M6
    - Hiro 6
    - Freak 6
    - David 6
    - Victoria 7

Just my gut feeling.

edited December 1969

- Aiko 6
    - Stephanie 6
    - She-Freak 6
    - M6
    - Hiro 6
    - Freak 6
    - David 6
    - Victoria 7

Just my gut feeling.

Sadly I get the same feeling wooly.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Hmm...
    oawfs[1].jpg
    400 x 400 - 110K
    edited August 2013

Damn, you both beat me to it...

I say, good! Let the girls have their hour of fame. Then when G2M comes out with the boys they'll get more attention in the store and, in doing so, will get them more sales. Let those tables finally turn! >:D

Though, with Gia around, I wouldn't hold my breath for a SF6...

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

The problem with releasing both male and female characters are the same time is getting enough support for both. Its best to relase just one character and allow PAs to work on it then try to double it up.

edited August 2013

Mattymanx said:
    The problem with releasing both male and female characters are the same time is getting enough support for both. Its best to relase just one character and allow PAs to work on it then try to double it up.

You say that like there's some way for you to know -- since it's never been done, I wonder how?

I've no doubt that having the opposite gender figure immediately available will boost the sales of both Aiko6 and Hiro6, but there will be other, currently unknown, factors involved: how well product conversions between G2F and G2M work, how well the figures and accessories meet the needs of anime artists and fanartists, if potential customers see the pricing as fair, if available spending money hasn't already been consumed by DAZ's figure-of-the-month plan, etc.

Still, Aiko6 / Hiro6 would be an excellent test case, since their user base relies on having both genders more so than other figures/characters. If the PAs aren't willing to support these customers of their own volition, DAZ can commission the needed products, from outside the current stable if necessary.

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited August 2013

Mattymanx said:

You say that like there's some way for you to know -- since it's never been done, I wonder how?

I've no doubt that having the opposite gender figure immediately available will boost the sales of both Aiko6 and Hiro6, but there will be other, currently unknown, factors involved: how well product conversions between G2F and G2M work, how well the figures and accessories meet the needs of anime artists and fanartists, if potential customers see the pricing as fair, if available spending money hasn't already been consumed by DAZ's figure-of-the-month plan, etc.

Still, Aiko6 / Hiro6 would be an excellent test case, since their user base relies on having both genders more so than other figures/characters. If the PAs aren't willing to support these customers of their own volition, DAZ can commission the needed products, from outside the current stable if necessary.

This is an extremely bad idea. Dividing your attention between things is never as good as focusing on one.

I'll tell you what exactly what would happen.

PAs would make items for the female.

The male would get NOTHING or the items would be inferior to what's in the female bundle. People would complain because the difference would be obvious.

PAs already choose what they want to make for a figure, selecting between two at the same time.... yeah, you're asking for trouble ;)

Promoting one figure properly, ensuring the bundles get enough content is hard enough; two figures would really be impossible.

Release one, focus marketing and products on that is always the best choice.

Edit: That's not to mention that people already balk at the price of the bundles, and now having two release at the same time? Most people couldn't afford to get both.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

This is an extremely bad idea. Dividing your attention between things is never as good as focusing on one.

I'll tell you what exactly what would happen.

PAs would make items for the female.

The male would get NOTHING or the items would be inferior to what's in the female bundle. People would complain because the difference would be obvious.

PAs already choose what they want to make for a figure, selecting between two at the same time.... yeah, you're asking for trouble ;)

Promoting one figure properly, ensuring the bundles get enough content is hard enough; two figures would really be impossible . . .
    Two figures is what's already been happening, simply separated by months or years. The male figure getting items inferior to what's available for the equivalent female has also been happening for years -- it got better with Genesis, but we never got anything close to parity. Now that we're back to a gender split and we've seen three base figures in three months? "Promoting one figure properly" has been significantly redefined.

As for PAs refusing to provision the male figure, that's why I suggested DAZ commission what's needed. Each PA will usually act in what that PA considers his/her own best interest -- hopefully DAZ realizes that providing the customers with what we've been saying we want for years will make them more money.

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

- Aiko 6
    - Stephanie 6
    - She-Freak 6
    - M6
    - Hiro 6
    - Freak 6
    - David 6
    - Victoria 7

Just my gut feeling.

My gut feeling:
    - Aiko 6
    - Stephanie 6
    - Victoria 7 - Introducing the amazing Genesis 3V with a mesh that will only work as V7 (no morphs) but the bends look so realistic and the clothes fit perfectly!
    - Stephanie 7 (Genesis 3S)
    - Michael 5.5 - (Using Genesis 2 Androgynous. Males aren't special enough to keep the females from progressing.)
    - Victoria 8 - Introducing Genesis 4F which uses AI to decide for you what morphs and clothing options are best for you based on your cell phone and email history along with your medical records. It automatically downloads them and charges your credit card also sending a 10% donation to Citizens United Against Humans.

Apologies in advance to anyone who does not find my cynicism humorous. It's been a horrible week and even worse day, but I smiled when I thought of this.

Post edited by Dino Gramps on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    edited December 1969

I've no doubt that having the opposite gender figure immediately available will boost the sales of both Aiko6 and Hiro6
    Except that people would have to shell out money for 2 figures at the same time, which might be difficult for a lot of people. With separated releases at least the wallet can recover a bit between the two...
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Leana said:
    I've no doubt that having the opposite gender figure immediately available will boost the sales of both Aiko6 and Hiro6
    Except that people would have to shell out money for 2 figures at the same time, which might be difficult for a lot of people. With separated releases at least the wallet can recover a bit between the two...

Exactly. That between getting people to actually commission (remember, PAs still get to choose what to support), a dual release is a very bad idea all the way around.