After using 'terrain height map generator', are there generators for cities/streets layouts?

launoklaunok Posts: 782
edited October 2018 in Bryce Discussion

On searching today I found a placemaker plugin (not free though) for Sketchup to create layouts for cities, etc.  Since Sketchup is not my preferred scene creator, I am wondering if there is a city/town/street generator to use in Bryce specifically.  There are so many street maps but not sure how to get it into Bryce - can 2D planes work of such? The terrain height map generator is more mountain related and do not pick up roads.  Or what is the easiest way to create street layouts in Bryce?

I have some street kits from ShareCG but was thinking of something more ready-made and not build streets by parts.

I want to create city/town scenes to which I can add all the buildings and houses I got via Sketchup warehouse or any other sites.

Post edited by launok on

Comments

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    launok said:

On searching today I found a placemaker plugin (not free though) for Sketchup to create layouts for cities, etc.  Since Sketchup is not my preferred scene creator, I am wondering if there is a city/town/street generator to use in Bryce specifically.  There are so many street maps but not sure how to get it into Bryce - can 2D planes work of such? The terrain height map generator is more mountain related and do not pick up roads.  Or what is the easiest way to create street layouts in Bryce?

I have some street kits from ShareCG but was thinking of something more ready-made and not build streets by parts.

I want to create city/town scenes to which I can add all the buildings and houses I got via Sketchup warehouse or any other sites.

Laura, I don’t understand why to produce several branches on the same topic: heights map generators?
    Here you can not ask a question?

• launoklaunok Posts: 782

Slepalex  -  I was not sure if this will fit in that forum, but I can ask them too.  I am actually only interested in a flat terrain with streets.  

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    launok said:

Slepalex  -  I was not sure if this will fit in that forum, but I can ask them too.  I am actually only interested in a flat terrain with streets.  

So you are only interested in the terrain plan? Download it from the Internet or draw in a 3D editor and assign this texture to 2D Face.