Are Dreamlight products compatibles with DAZStudio 4 ?

Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I cant see the point as a vast majority dont work with DS4 unless things have been updated but not announced?

Sal.

Comments

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,879
    edited December 1969

Was just coming here to enquire about this. Really nervous about buying anything at present as everything seems to say DS3 ONLY. Wasn't sure if this was a hangover from the DS2 to DS3 move or whether it is unusable.

Is there a list of what does work in DS4 anywhere?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Uh-Oh. I was ready to buy "Touch of the Mediterranean" and "Grand Staircase Light Set". Do these not work in DAZ 4? I didn't see anything in these products that said DAZ 3 only. Grand Staircase Light Set says "DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 and above only", so I thought 4 would work. The other one doesn't say anything about DAZ version at all. What should I be looking at to know if they will work? Thanks.

• Voodoo128Voodoo128 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think the compatibility issue is with the plug-in type products from Dreamlight not actual 3D models.

edited December 1969

Voodoo128 said:
    I think the compatibility issue is with the plug-in type products from Dreamlight not actual 3D models.

Actually, I'm mainly a Poser user looking to add some cheap lights sets to my meager DS armoury. The Light'n'Go sets look great but say they are DS3 only. Not sure why unless they are based on LDP which will not work as yet I think.

Have posted a request for clarification in DL Forum. Hopefully get an answer before the sale goes off.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited June 2012

barbult said:
    Uh-Oh. I was ready to buy "Touch of the Mediterranean" and "Grand Staircase Light Set". Do these not work in DAZ 4? I didn't see anything in these products that said DAZ 3 only. Grand Staircase Light Set says "DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 and above only", so I thought 4 would work. The other one doesn't say anything about DAZ version at all. What should I be looking at to know if they will work? Thanks.

Grand Staircase Light Set, at least, works in DS4; I bought that a while back and have used it in DS 4. (Be prepared for some truly EPIC render times.) As far as the light sets go in general, however, I think you have to ask Dreamlight. I wanted to get Light Dome Pro 2, but I did some poking around online and found a thread on the old forum that said that it doesn't work in DS4. Pity. (Though I saw elsewhere that he offered a free upgrade for some products for people who had compatibility issues in the DS2/3 upgrade, so maybe there will eventually be an update for products that have DS3/DS4 upgrade issues -- though probably not until after 4.5 goes final, since that breaks all the plugins again.)

Apart from the light sets, Dreamlight's got several props and sets that were put into the store after DS4 came out, and those should be fine. (I keep looking longingly at Egypt City and Ra's Castle, and especially La Piazza Mediterranean Town -- and seriously, that's a whole town -- but I would never do anything with them to justify even this extremely reduced price. I just want them.)

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited June 2012

I have quite a few Dreamlight products and they all work fine in DS4 4.0.3.047

Light-n-Go - Streets of the Mediterranean
    Light-n-Go - Streets of Asia
    Touch of the Mediterrean for SOTM
    Streets of Asia Light Set
    Village Courtyard - Eternal Romance

The latter two are night light sets, very dramatic. I use the lightdome/backgrounds that comes with the daytime sets quite often with other items. Touch of the Mediterrean for SOTM set was used with the Ultralight freebie.

Edited: "Streets of Asia Light Set" is actually "Breath Of The Dragon Streets Of Asia - DAZ Studio Light Set" nighttime light set.

vc2.jpg
    800 x 383 - 87K
    ul.jpg
    800 x 396 - 51K
    vc.jpg
    800 x 450 - 67K
    soa2.jpg
    800 x 391 - 56K
    soa.jpg
    800 x 380 - 83K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    I have quite a few Dreamlight products and they all work fine in DS4 4.0.3.047

Light-n-Go - Streets of the Mediterranean
    Light-n-Go - Streets of Asia
    Touch of the Mediterrean for SOTM
    Streets of Asia Light Set
    Village Courtyard - Eternal Romance

The latter two are night light sets, very dramatic. I use the lightdome/backgrounds that comes with the daytime sets quite often with other items. The Light-n-Go - Streets of the Mediterranean set was used with the Ultralight freebie.

Thanks Lindsey that's good to know, appreciate the info & cool renders BTW.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

Just FYI, what the Grand Staircase Lights, along with one of the four included camera views, look like in action. Using DS 4.0.3.47 Pro.

grandstaircase-liz-dreamlightlights-1-775px.png
    775 x 738 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for the reassurance about the products I'm considering. The sample renders are helpful too.

• SuzuranSuzuran Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

I did a little search and looked into the product pages for the items in "Its All About Light - 31 in 1 Pack."

This Product is for DAZ Studio 3 ONLY
    Forsaken for Urban Future 3
    Rays of Dreams for Enchanted Forest
    Light n Go Urban Future
    Light n Go Urban Future 2
    Light n Go The Warehouse
    Light n Go Tin Pan Alley
    Light n Go The Backstreets
    Light n Go Dark Corner of the Dungeon
    Light n Go The Ministry
    Light n Go - The Arc
    Light n Go - Urban Ruins
    Light n Go - Temple Ruins
    Light n Go - Tree House
    Light n Go - Saba'a AlKair

For DAZ Studio 2 or DAZ Studio 3
    Dark Temple Light Set for DAZ Studio

Works with DAZ Studio 2.3 and Later
    Dark City Light Set for Tin Pin Alley

only works in DAZ Studio 2.
    Urban Future 2 Dreamlight Light Set With Animated Rain

No mention in the product page but found in forum that does not work in DS4
    Light Dome PRO 2.0
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=183950&sid=eecf659a4007d84b81afd01a6cc77e0f

No mention... so I still have a hope to use them in DS4.
    1003 Nights for Sabaa Alkair
    Future City Urban Future 3 Light Set
    Creepy Guildhall DAZ Studio Light Set
    Kingdom Of Marrakesh By Night - DS Light Set
    Dream Home Great Room Sunny Environment
    Studio Light PRO for D|S
    The Backstreets By Night
    1002 Nights - Party Light Set D|S

"Work fine in DS4" in this thread. -- Thank you very much Lindsey. :)
    Light n Go - Streets Of The Mediterranean
    Light n Go - Streets Of Asia
    Eternal Romance for Village Courtyard
    Breath Of The Dragon Streets Of Asia - DAZ Studio Light Set

I really wish the PA made it clearer. It took time to make sure which can be use in DS4, and it's kinda depressing that many of them don't work in DS4. :(

Post edited by Suzuran on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

“Streets of Asia Light Set” mentioned in my earlier message is actually “Breath Of The Dragon Streets Of Asia - DAZ Studio Light Set”, a night time light set.

edited June 2012

Lindsey said:

“Streets of Asia Light Set” mentioned in my earlier message is actually “Breath Of The Dragon Streets Of Asia - DAZ Studio Light Set”, a night time light set.

I corrected my post. Thank you very much. :)

• DreamlightDreamlight Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Yes, all light sets will work in DS4.

barbult said:
    edited December 1969

That's correct. Plug in's are DS 3 only, while all props + light sets will work in DS 3+ DS 4.

Voodoo128 said:
    edited December 1969

LDP 2 does not work in DS 4, but LDP 1 wil work and so will Studio Light PRO.

vwrangler said:
    barbult said:

Grand Staircase Light Set, at least, works in DS4; I bought that a while back and have used it in DS 4. (Be prepared for some truly EPIC render times.) As far as the light sets go in general, however, I think you have to ask Dreamlight. I wanted to get Light Dome Pro 2, but I did some poking around online and found a thread on the old forum that said that it doesn't work in DS4. Pity. (Though I saw elsewhere that he offered a free upgrade for some products for people who had compatibility issues in the DS2/3 upgrade, so maybe there will eventually be an update for products that have DS3/DS4 upgrade issues -- though probably not until after 4.5 goes final, since that breaks all the plugins again.)

Apart from the light sets, Dreamlight's got several props and sets that were put into the store after DS4 came out, and those should be fine. (I keep looking longingly at Egypt City and Ra's Castle, and especially La Piazza Mediterranean Town -- and seriously, that's a whole town -- but I would never do anything with them to justify even this extremely reduced price. I just want them.)

edited December 1969

barbult said:

Sorry for interruption. But I'd like to ask if this means the light sets stated as "This Product is for DAZ Studio 3 ONLY," "For DAZ Studio 2 or DAZ Studio 3," "Works with DAZ Studio 2.3 and Later" or "only works in DAZ Studio 2" work in DS4. I really want to have those light sets.

edited December 1969

Yes, all light sets will work in DS4.]

Thank you for the clarification. That has made you quite a few sales.

Sorry to labour this point but is 'Rays of Dreams for Enchanted Forest' classed as one of these light sets? I notice it has Mood Master and StageFX elements in it so was wondering if you could settle my mind as to whether this will work or not in DS4.
    Thanks.

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Haruchai said:
    Yes, all light sets will work in DS4.]

Thank you for the clarification. That has made you quite a few sales.

Sorry to labour this point but is 'Rays of Dreams for Enchanted Forest' classed as one of these light sets? I notice it has Mood Master and StageFX elements in it so was wondering if you could settle my mind as to whether this will work or not in DS4.
    Thanks.

I'd really like to know this as well.

• MartialMartial Posts: 404
    edited December 1969

There is a good sale for these products now but i hesitate
    I thinks i have read about some incompatibilty with the last version of DAZ STudio
    Am i right??
    If no i will buy some ? If yes . i will pass

thanks

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited June 2012

Martial said:
    There is a good sale for these products now but i hesitate
    I thinks i have read about some incompatibilty with the last version of DAZ STudio
    Am i right??
    If no i will buy some ? If yes . i will pass

thanks

on the whole No

as far as I know I cant use any of his products that I own in Daz studio 4 apart from a couple of very early light preset sets of his.

Sorry to Say

Edit: if there are any products that take you fancy ask about that product and we can let you know as some still may like the prop based products

Post edited by NeilV_1 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Two threads on same topic merged.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Do Moodmaster and Stage FX pro count as plugin's? Will they work in DS4pro? Which of all the lights sets would you recommend if you could only get two or three? Thanks.

edited June 2012

anikad said:
    Do Moodmaster and Stage FX pro count as plugin's? Will they work in DS4pro? Which of all the lights sets would you recommend if you could only get two or three? Thanks.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3126/
    According to this thread, Moodmaster does not work in DS4.

Regarding this item, Pro Pack III - 4 in 1 Bundle, does it work in DS4 RC2?

Most of his plugins don't work in DS4. Nor does it seem likely that they will anytime in the near future. last I checked, his light sets and Lightdome 1 work and... that's about it. Moviemaker, Motionmaster, Moodmaster, Lightdome 2, animated textures... all dead in DS4.

Granted, the SDK is an issue, but I wouldn't buy any of it until he actually posts which ones are going to be upgraded. Otherwise, you might as well be buying an 8-track player.

I'd like to know if Dynamic Lens Flare for DAZ Studio works in DS4. But I have a feeling that the PA will not answer.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Suzuran said:

I'd like to know if Dynamic Lens Flare for DAZ Studio works in DS4. But I have a feeling that the PA will not answer.

No, he most likely won't. He finally got nagged into giving a response in his old "technical support thread" in the old forum, and it was reported as follows by Tugpsx on February 20, 2012 (from page 57 of a 58 page thread at http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=127611&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1120 ) Later in the thread he said he might start working on updates in the summer (now) but that was dependent upon the SDK being finished, which, of course, it isn't. (I colored Tugpsx in blue, Dreamlight in re and the original query in purple for clarity)

Tugpsx wrote:

OneShot wrote:
    Is there a list of Dreamlight products that work in D/S 4?

Sorry I'm late to the D/S game. Confused

Here is the response I received:

Quote:
    All props + single prop light sets will work in DS4.

Light Dome PRO 1 + Studio Light PRO 1 will also work in DS4.

All plug ins will not work in DS 4. Currently, all upgrades are on hold.

Cheers,
    Waldemar[

> From user at DAZ Forum Is there a list of Dreamlight products that work in D/S 4?
    > http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=3290499&flatnum=1

So, there's your answer. It doesn't.

edited December 1969

Suzuran said:

No, he most likely won't. He finally got nagged into giving a response in his old "technical support thread" in the old forum, and it was reported as follows by Tugpsx on February 20, 2012 (from page 57 of a 58 page thread at http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=127611&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1120 ) Later in the thread he said he might start working on updates in the summer (now) but that was dependent upon the SDK being finished, which, of course, it isn't. (I colored Tugpsx in blue, Dreamlight in re and the original query in purple for clarity)

Tugpsx wrote:

OneShot wrote:
    Is there a list of Dreamlight products that work in D/S 4?

Sorry I'm late to the D/S game. Confused

Here is the response I received:

Quote:
    All props + single prop light sets will work in DS4.

Light Dome PRO 1 + Studio Light PRO 1 will also work in DS4.

All plug ins will not work in DS 4. Currently, all upgrades are on hold.

Cheers,
    Waldemar[

> From user at DAZ Forum Is there a list of Dreamlight products that work in D/S 4?
    > http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=3290499&flatnum=1

So, there's your answer. It doesn't.

Thank you very much. I was just going to checkout my cart. You saved me from wasting my money at the very last moment. :)

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

Light and Go has been renamed to Cart and Buy. I was also wondering if these sets worked in DS4. Thanks:)

edited December 1969

Following advice here, I bought “Touch of the Mediterranean” and “Grand Staircase Light Set”. Both worked in DS4.

• WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Wish I saw this thread before buying "Animated Textures" which I've wanted for some time...oh, well, off to request a refund. I guess that explains why the price was sooooooo good!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Ebajoy said:
    Wish I saw this thread before buying "Animated Textures" which I've wanted for some time...oh, well, off to request a refund. I guess that explains why the price was sooooooo good!

Yeah, it's a great plug in. Too bad I can't use it in the same scene as Genesis without doing two complete renders in two different versions and putting them together in post. Granted, that's not all the artist's fault... the SDK situation has gotten beyond ridiculous... but running the sale without warning anyone of all the problems, especially when DS3, the only version that they do work with is no longer even available in the store, was a mind-bogglingly stupid move at a time when customer service is already overloaded beyond capacity.

edited December 1969

I noticed that most of Dreamlight's items vanished from the store... I can't get the thumbnail image for my La Piazza Realistic Mediterranean Town meta data any more. :(
    I wish the PA did it before the sale.