skinpack for genesis

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
edited September 2012 in Product Suggestions

I'd love a skinpack for genesis without morphs. I do buy a lot of v4 and m4 skins and discard the included morphs to use the skins on genesis but I'd love some skins, particulary some that are mid-skin tone. I find that I have a lot of caucasian skins, and a few skins that are african and asian, but I'd love more skins that are midrange in tone- with suitable highlights.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Ooooo, I second this idea. I like knob-twisting and slider-pushing, but hate human(oid) skin modeling. :)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited December 1969

yeah, I would love it too. I just can't get too many skins, however, I don't really want a runtime full of morphs... =-)

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Oh yes I would love a skin pack with darker skin tones.

• Species247Species247 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Could use a pack of fantasy skins too. Different colors (like the new WoW elves) and creature type like geckos and furries and such.

edited December 1969

Yes. Would love some spotted textures for catlike and leopard like aliens.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

A yes vote here, too. Especially for more exotic colours. I see a number of intriguing creature-like morphs for Genesis, but rarely any links to the skins they used to advertise them with and a human skin on them... Heh. No! Wouldn't work!

Wasn't aware that M4 and V4 skins should work on Genesis, though?

edited December 1969

Yes. You apply the skin and then under the surfaces tab adjust the UV To be the same as the skin you are applying. So for example if you use an M4 skin on genesis you adjust the UV to M4.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited August 2013

Yes. You apply the skin and then under the surfaces tab adjust the UV To be the same as the skin you are applying. So for example if you use an M4 skin on genesis you adjust the UV to M4.

Useful, thank you... I haven't even been able to find out what most of the acronyms, like 'UV', even stand for (everyone seems to bemoan the lack of a manual), much less what they do, so, this is insightful for me.

I did once experiment by changing it to Genesis (since they often appear to default to V4), but it ended up looking strange. Felt it best not to tinker with that option in future and leave it alone!

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

I whatever-number-it-is-up-to that! I'm gradually building up skin tones here and there but I want variety so having a skin pack would be really, really great! It'd make things easier. I'm working on creating "families" of different nationalities. The hardest thing is coming up with skins for kids. I don't know about y'all but I don't know of any bearded babies. For Caucasian, I can use Justin and Julie but after that it gets pretty sparse as least from what I've seen so far.

So lots of skin tones would be great.

• EnchantedPixieEnchantedPixie Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

I ...umm...well I totally agree !!! Skin Packs and even a merchant resource for V6 would be handy dandy.